What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best players on the BFL website for the Gisborne v Castlemaine have been entered the wrong way round (both teams).

Luke Saunders best on by a mile followed by J.Duff-Tytler (b birmingham please take note).

Not a bad unit Castlemaine, had a real crack all day .

Fair enough bearsboy, i just wanted to see what the opinion of people like yourself who are "in" down there was in relation to the big fella. I certainly didn't mean to sound as though I was gunning for him, just an observation. I guess it's best to wait til the end of the year to see, one game doesn't make a season.

It certainly appears already that the top five will be the same again this year. The only change I can see is Sandhurst into top 3 for South, Square and Gissy to fight out for the all important top spot.

North City look like they've improved.:thumbsdown: You might have to help me here Kings Army or Bearsboy, but surely last year they would have scored more than 1 goal on both occasions against Gisborne:confused: Good day for football too, no excuses, insipid team.

Fair enough bearsboy, i just wanted to see what the opinion of people like yourself who are "in" down there was in relation to the big fella. I certainly didn't mean to sound as though I was gunning for him, just an observation. I guess it's best to wait til the end of the year to see, one game doesn't make a season.

It certainly appears already that the top five will be the same again this year. The only change I can see is Sandhurst into top 3 for South, Square and Gissy to fight out for the all important top spot.

North City look like they've improved.:thumbsdown: You might have to help me here Kings Army or Bearsboy, but surely last year they would have scored more than 1 goal on both occasions against Gisborne:confused: Good day for football too, no excuses, insipid team.
In todays addy it says Gisborne has out scored Nth City
98.65 (653) to 16.15 (111) in the 3 games in which they have played so far.
Believe it or not they actually had a real crack for probably 2 quarters, just a very undisciplined side and it didnt take to long for them to be fighting amongst themselves . It doesnt help when your bench starts giving away 50's for getting stuck into the umpires either.

I also noticed big "Duff" snuck in the best again with 5 goals !:thumbsu:

Top ten ? Turn it up !
Lets have a good look at him first, i heard he's a little light on in the brain department and easily put of his game if you get in his ear .

But in saying this apparently he does have some talent !

I agree lets have a bit of a look at him first, was at the flat-kyneton game Tate tore flat apart, kicked 3 goals in the first 10 minutes then was hit after he got rid of the ball had to get stretched off, Looked as though was in a fair bit of trouble.

Bears, this Tate is worth having a look at.
Saw his first 10 minutes at Kyneton and have never seen a bloke have more impact in 10 minutes of footy - Luke Saunders included.
Not to say he is better than Saunders but the 10 minutes he played before getting knocked out with a cheap shot was some of the most spectacular stuff I have seen. Great goal kicking, awesome marking - I want to see a bit more of him but if he gets going he'll be a real handful for opposition teams.
His knock out stated a fair blue on the outer flank aswell.

Bears, this Tate is worth having a look at.
Saw his first 10 minutes at Kyneton and have never seen a bloke have more impact in 10 minutes of footy - Luke Saunders included.
Not to say he is better than Saunders but the 10 minutes he played before getting knocked out with a cheap shot was some of the most spectacular stuff I have seen. Great goal kicking, awesome marking - I want to see a bit more of him but if he gets going he'll be a real handful for opposition teams.
His knock out stated a fair blue on the outer flank aswell.

Tates First 10 minutes were outstanding. I have not seen 1 player dominate a first 10 minutes more than what Tate did on saturday. Kangaroo Flat can thank the guy that cheap shoted him. Becasue the way he was playing, if he played the whole game Kyneton could well have won by over 25 goals.

Tates First 10 minutes were outstanding. I have not seen 1 player dominate a first 10 minutes more than what Tate did on saturday. Kangaroo Flat can thank the guy that cheap shoted him. Becasue the way he was playing, if he played the whole game Kyneton could well have won by over 25 goals.
Like i said, apparently he's a gun but lets remember Kangaroo Flat have won something like 3 games in 4 years so his opposition wasnt great. He'll need to stand up and kick bags against top 4 sides, which he may well do, only time will tell.

Was the hit the same incident that Marty Warry was reported for ?

Like i said, apparently he's a gun but lets remember Kangaroo Flat have won something like 3 games in 4 years so his opposition wasnt great. He'll need to stand up and kick bags against top 4 sides, which he may well do, only time will tell.

Was the hit the same incident that Marty Warry was reported for ?

Nope Marty Warry was reported for striking Dean Funston. After getting a mouthful from the Tigers supporters. Warry waved to the kyneton crowd while walking off the ground, . Do people think he is over rated...

hey there fellow big footy posters,

cameron tate did have a fair impact on the game in the first 10 against us roo boys on the weekend however he was hit with a nice clean cheap unclean shot early on which got him good. whilst i was playing, i also got the chance to pop down to inglewood at three quarter time, amazing feeling to see them get up. marty warry isnt over-rated, he has bought more to the club than AFL experience, he also bought some serious sex appeal.

how many heads down the dunny at the windy, donnie ??
zero/zilch/no/naught/not one win from 3 outings so far
looked ok at castlemaine early on in the anzac day game
since then, v. ordinary

and m. warry sexy ?? u have got to be jesting the blokes a big roly-poly meatball

bearsboy or KA there is always talk over the gisborne stars like saunders, davis fitzgerald, sharp and the rest who made the top 20. who are the young up and coming jets. will they be as good as these blokes or will gisborne slowly fade away?

cameron tate did have a fair impact on the game in the first 10 against us roo boys on the weekend however he was hit with a nice clean cheap unclean shot early on which got him good. whilst i was playing, i also got the chance to pop down to inglewood at three quarter time, amazing feeling to see them get up. marty warry isnt over-rated, he has bought more to the club than AFL experience, he also bought some serious sex appeal.

Clean shot are u kidding it was a late hit which took a fantastic player out of the game. Marty Warry did nothing except get sent off. Is Drew Wight, Cameron Wights brother from Western Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever the flat player was (No name player) is probably lucky he hit Tate properly cos apparently he has a real go too, and hes not the smallest bloke on the field, especially when you have Eve too.

Correct, Davis. Of the Wight brothers I have a feeling Cameron might be the superior player, though, in terms of skill and endurance.
Did you know Trent Zantuck is going to be missing from the K Flat line-up for Rounds 4 and 5. Business commitments in Melbourne.

Hi Goat, just wondering where Reaper sits, ie: Top 30, 40, 50, etc.

Reaper along with Ty Zantuck are the two best full forwards in the league by a mile. If Kyneton get the ball into Reaper and he keeps away from injury i would be very suprized if he does not kick at least 85 goals maybe 100 if the tigers make finals

Reaper along with Ty Zantuck are the two best full forwards in the league by a mile. If Kyneton get the ball into Reaper and he keeps away from injury i would be very suprized if he does not kick at least 85 goals maybe 100 if the tigers make finals

My thoughts exactly Davis, and I don't need to pump up the big fella's overinflated tyres anymore than they could possibly be, but I would have had in at least best 25.

My thoughts exactly Davis, and I don't need to pump up the big fella's overinflated tyres anymore than they could possibly be, but I would have had in at least best 25.
:) Can anyone around beat the big fella a B and F cricket club champion golf club champion and a table tennis tittle at the age of 12 in the town. Now his tyres are pumped up. Top 20 for sure win more games than half the players on list no disrespect to any. May have to open up his own thread.

you fellers know about all the changes to the bfl's Round 3
1/. castlemaine v north city is now at the camp reserve, scrub austar arena, still saturday though
2/. flat v south will now be played at c'bury park out at the burra, scrub dower park, but still saturday
3/. hurst v gissie is still at the q, but pencil in sunday for this one, NOT sat.
thats changes to 60 per cent of round 3's matchdays

:) Can anyone around beat the big fella a B and F cricket club champion golf club champion and a table tennis tittle at the age of 12 in the town. Now his tyres are pumped up. Top 20 for sure win more games than half the players on list no disrespect to any. May have to open up his own thread.

Fat Man you are obviously a big fan of the Reaper boy, uderstandably, he can play........
He is odds on fav to win the goal kicking for the comp this year.

The Tyntynder F.C in the Central Murray Football League (previously Mid Murray Football League) is having a reunion this weekend 18th, 19th & 20th of May at their clubrooms in Swan Hill. We will be acknowleging the premiership sides of the mid 80's but any player, supporter etc is welcome to attend this great weekend. If you would like more info you can contact keg18wilson@hotmail.com or ring the clubrooms on 03 50322974

Tyntynder?? This is the Bendigo FL thread WOOF WOOF....

Speaking of which, tips this week: Round 3 BFL 19 May

KFlat v South - South in an easy one. I've said it once and I'll say it again, why does JRombot insist on playing Ty Z @ FF when they struggle to win games? Should be smashing them in the centre. p.s. After Eaglehawk game, Ty Z walked straight off the ground, did not shake hands with anyone (not even his teammates) and went straight home. Word is he's not happy @ Flat.

Mary v GSquare - Square loves the small grounds - to win by 40 points

Cast v North - Ian Martin will set up the witches hats and the boys can do a few drills with Northies to be the tackling bags. Pies to win by 60+

Kyn v E/Hawk - Closer game than most would believe - E/hawk by 20pts

Sandhurst v Gis - Should be a good game to watch,tough one for Dragons, Gisborne by 20pts

Late with the Odds but here they are.

Will all the Fav's getting up last week the bookies are very happy!

Flat $100
South $1.01

Mary $3.30
Square $1.20

Sandhurst $2.00
Gissy $1.70

Nth City $6.00
Castlemaine $1.10

Kyneton $2.90
Eaglehawk $1.40

Gis V Sandurst game of the round. Looking forward to the stats in this one!

Flat $100
South $1.01

Mary $3.30
Square $1.20

Sandhurst $2.00
Gissy $1.70

Nth City $6.00
Castlemaine $1.10

Kyneton $2.90
Eaglehawk $1.40

I'll put $200 on Gisborne beating the slagheads at those juicy odds.

Flat $100
South $1.01

Mary $3.30
Square $1.20

Sandhurst $2.00
Gissy $1.70

Nth City $6.00
Castlemaine $1.10

Kyneton $2.90
Eaglehawk $1.40

Wouldn't the bookies be unhappy with the favs getting up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back