What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best players on the BFL website for the Gisborne v Castlemaine have been entered the wrong way round (both teams).

Luke Saunders best on by a mile followed by J.Duff-Tytler (b birmingham please take note).

Not a bad unit Castlemaine, had a real crack all day .

same as kyneton maryborough

bak to the drawing board bloods boys
only booted a handful of goals and hurst smashed ur lot
ruedin kicked half a doz. snag rolls 4 the dragons
kyneton boys might not be as good as tipped earlier on
maryboro won at p park and if tiges going to be any good would have to win that one
maine very competitive against gissie
two blueboys smashed flat at canterbury park
Why was nev clark in the seconds?
looks like prickles could be a challenger for the both the michelson and ron best and kyneton would be bitterly disapointed with their performance

All the chat and hype for the Flat and Kyneton went down the drain yesterday. Another long season coming up and if it was not for North City these two would be fighting it out for the spoon.

All the chat and hype for the Flat and Kyneton went down the drain yesterday. Another long season coming up and if it was not for North City these two would be fighting it out for the spoon.
they are the 2 clubs spending the most money on players as well i'd say.

massina cannot coach !

Why was nev clark in the seconds?
looks like prickles could be a challenger for the both the michelson and ron best and kyneton would be bitterly disapointed with their performance
Martin spent time in the middle, but was very dangerous when he went forward kicking 6 i think . Peake was Castlemaines best, very slippery customer .
I cant believe Jardine was in their best, Saunders clearly had the better of that contest and ended up with 4 goals .

bloke from eaglehawk had the maximum available at 7-1 on the 2 Blues for the flag last friday
after sat's big win with dad and son filo playing looks an OK bet
did u know sportsbet.com have limited the total any one person can win to 2 grand
square looked fair enough yesterday with new ass. coach adamson handy up forward coach joffa only played in patches --- on and off the pine
tooley's bro. lachlan looked a very likely type and big dahl-ey conrolled the ruck as you would expect against the northies

Spot on. Have been saying it for a while now. Surley the Kyneton people can take the rose colour glasses off and see that Massina is a cat.

The Kyneton boys thought you were in for an easy win coming to the park, the went away with 0 wins for the day..... oh hang on they did have a win... Nev Massina won the Maryborough Netball raffel - $200 of beauty work products.....hahaha!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the Kyneton game on the weekend boys. It was an arm wrestle all day and I thoiught Kyneton would take it out after half time but Maryborough just didn't give up. Bond at 40 years of age or thereabouts continually picked of long bombs into the forward line of the Tigers. Kyneton have good forwards they just need to spot them up not bomb into them. Unless you mark like Luke Saunders, your not going take take enough pack marks in a game to get you a winning score. Just my opinion.

Saw the Kyneton game on the weekend boys. It was an arm wrestle all day and I thoiught Kyneton would take it out after half time but Maryborough just didn't give up. Bond at 40 years of age or thereabouts continually picked of long bombs into the forward line of the Tigers. Kyneton have good forwards they just need to spot them up not bomb into them. Unless you mark like Luke Saunders, your not going take take enough pack marks in a game to get you a winning score. Just my opinion.
Bond is the master of that, i remember a few years ago against Gisborne he took something like 28 marks for the day doing the same thing.

Watched Sandhurst V South on Saturday 5 May @ the QEO - all that money the Bloods are throwing around to recruit quality players was to no avail. Sandhurst on the other hand.... common knowledge that they don't pay big money and yet put on an awesome display for such a young side.

On Sunday 6 May @ Canterbury Park, watched GSquare v North City.
Was an arm wrestle early on and thought North had improved a lot.... then at half time, one of the North Committee members told me they had over 20 of their senior list out with injury or were unavailable. Suddenly the 80-odd point win by Square look spectacularly unimpressive and unconvincing.

Watched Sandhurst V South on Saturday 5 May @ the QEO - all that money the Bloods are throwing around to recruit quality players was to no avail. Sandhurst on the other hand.... common knowledge that they don't pay big money and yet put on an awesome display for such a young side.

On Sunday 6 May @ Canterbury Park, watched GSquare v North City.
Was an arm wrestle early on and thought North had improved a lot.... then at half time, one of the North Committee members told me they had over 20 of their senior list out with injury or were unavailable. Suddenly the 80-odd point win by Square look spectacularly unimpressive and unconvincing.

The Northies story re their list is becoming a broken record...they've been in the BFL for over 12 months now and have had approx. 16-20 players unavailable every week!!!

This weeks games-

E/Hawke v C/Maine- E/Hawke should be too strong at home especially with their prominant forward line. If C/Maine are going to be finalists this year they'll need to win most of their home games and be very competitive playing away. It could be a battle for most of the game with E/Hawke to strong in the end winning by 3-4 goals or if E/Hawkes forward line is on song it could be a blowout. Big test for C/Maines backline cos thats where the game will be won or lost.

Kyneton v K/Flat- If Kyneton are finish anywhere near the top five this is a game they should win comfortably but on the other hand if K/Flat have improved on last years results this is a game they could win or atleast get close.

Gisbourne v Nth/City- Going by Nth/City's last two game losses Gisbourne would be dissappointed if they did'nt kick atleast 20 goals and it would'nt be a big suprise if they registered 30 goals. I have a funny feeling Saunders might kick a dozen in this game.

Sth Bendigo v M//Burra- I'm sure Sth will bounce back and have a convincing win but winning form is good form and M/Burra might take some beating. Could be a danger game for Sth as they might not know what to expect.

G/Square v S/Hurst- This is one of those games where no one would be suprised on who wins and i don't think the losing team will be to devasted in the loss concidering the opposition unless it's a blow out ofcourse. If the games played at G/Square then Square would have to start favourites but if it's changed to a nuetral venue then it brings it back to evens. S/Hurst having that extra game under their belt could be an advantage also. Should be a cracker.

NOW here's a new one, as far as posters go, boys.
We've headed away from nom-de-plumes beginning with "The" --- as in The Talking Goat, The Tibbinator, The Wombat, The Sloth. Mind you, they could all be one and the same person !!
Think on that one.
:cool: Now we have Dr Kenneth Noisewater. No "The" in that tagline.:cool:

As for Rd. 2: if Kyneton's going to be any good, surely they'd beat Rombotis' Flatty side; Eaglehawk to down the Maine even if Conn and Aldridge come back in for the Maggies; South to recover some form and edge out Maryboro; Gisborne to belt North City (North's 'outs' last Sunday included Paul McMahon, Aiden Kickett. Ben Beaston, Ryan Luke, Matthew Doyle and Billy Barnes so they had some handy ones out; and Hurst to beat Square. Doesn't matter whether they play at Backhaus Oval or C'bury Park, Hurst to win,.

Hi lad's,

Can anybody tell me if Nev Clark is injuried or is lacking form due to his stint on the midday show last Saturday.

Hi lad's,

Can anybody tell me if Nev Clark is injuried or is lacking form due to his stint on the midday show last Saturday.

He had an op on his lower back in december and didn't play the practice matches so he was having a run in the twos. Should be right to go this week i would think.

Fence-painter - If what you say is true about the Northies injuries becoming a "broken-record", then that reflects even more poorly on Square's performance last Sunday. The bulldogs looked slow and top-heavy. Too many key position players for my liking.

E/Hawke v C/Maine- Eaglehawk, but will be pushed all the way by the Pies and would not be surprised if Cmaine come away with a win

Kyneton v K/Flat- Ty Zantuck should be in the middle, he did a pre season with Carlton, so why waste him at FF when the supply is limited?? Kyneton to win

Gisbourne v Nth/City- too obvious to comment.

SthBen v MaryB- South to win, need to redeem themselves. They were too cocky last week and dropped their heads as soon as things didn't go their way.

G/Square v S/Hurst- Hmmm... close one... flip a coin - the Dragons to win by 2 goals

NOW here's a new one, as far as posters go, boys.
We've headed away from nom-de-plumes beginning with "The" --- as in The Talking Goat, The Tibbinator, The Wombat, The Sloth. Mind you, they could all be one and the same person !!
Think on that one.

Wouldn't have thought so Jock, although i have said i enjoy reading the tibbinator's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back