What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bond is the master of that, i remember a few years ago against Gisborne he took something like 28 marks for the day doing the same thing.

Bond being Jamie Bond? I didn't know he had returned to Borough. In that case, I will give them a way better chance of improving on last years performance.

The guy is close to the best country footballer I have ever seen. Best CHF by a mile.

:thumbsu: To Borough. Hopefully they can turn their last few years around and do it without the 'help' of an overpaid over rated coach.

Bond being Jamie Bond? I didn't know he had returned to Borough. In that case, I will give them a way better chance of improving on last years performance.

The guy is close to the best country footballer I have ever seen. Best CHF by a mile.

:thumbsu: To Borough. Hopefully they can turn their last few years around and do it without the 'help' of an overpaid over rated coach.
there is some good positive stuff on this thread at the moment which is good for a change . but i cant help but comment about nev massina i have never ever heard of a coach with such a bad reputation as this fella .continues to throw around big bucks for little results !

there is some good positive stuff on this thread at the moment which is good for a change . but i cant help but comment about nev massina i have never ever heard of a coach with such a bad reputation as this fella .continues to throw around big bucks for little results !

There's a lot of negative stuff that gets said about Nev, he an alright bloke but he comes to clubs and brings these so called big stars and throws huge cash at them.
He hasn't won a flag in 8 years at the moment but clubs still want him to come coach? why is that?

There's a lot of negative stuff that gets said about Nev, he an alright bloke but he comes to clubs and brings these so called big stars and throws huge cash at them.
He hasn't won a flag in 8 years at the moment but clubs still want him to come coach? why is that?
BillyBobby having played under nev years ago and being around kyneton i can say why people want him is the amount of players he s prepared to talk to and what he offers to them. (ie employment accomidation and other oppurtinities) No doubt he offers money but i would say at the moment the spending that kynetons doing. would not be in the highest bracket in the league. kyneton having had the same treasurer for nearly 25 years i think she would have a very good idea what funds are available.
There are people who will dislike some and others that like you. Its all apart of the job. The more your been around the more people hope you fail thats at all levels. I haven't agreed with everything he s done or said but i have seen other good things he s done.
Its a long season 18 weeks straight if we do get plenty of rain. some of the bendigo grounds will go to shit you would think and it might be like the old days at the showgrounds and the side that wants it most will win not just on skill.
One thing about nev is he not scared to get on the phone.

Bond played a typical Bond game and racked them up. Kyneton just kept coughing it iup to him, although I think most sides do when he is playing around CHB. The blokes a magnet. Kyneton would possibly have the match of their season this week against the Flat. If they can't account for them it will be a long, long year. Should have a few boys back T.Williams, Reaper, G.Chambers which will help, all big bodies.
Looking at Gisborne and North I know its only round 2 but would you consider resting the likes of Saunders, M.Fitzgerald, Olly and Big Duff just to cut back on the amount of games they play in a row. I reckon if it were Rd 6 they deffinately would, and it makes sense. Injuries this year will cost a least one side their finals chance, with no weeks off during the year to sort out niggles.

any of u guys hear last nite's radio show darties got stuck into the flat and said the 2 zantucks would be pulling the pin soon
he had it on good authority the flat skipper and ty z. had a big verbal go in the rooms after the saturday game darty said, when harrington told zy he should kick for goal more deliberately or something
anyway after the little radio serve onto the line comes flat coach rombotis he was ringing in from melb. after someone phoned him to tell of the serve
romby said it was rubbish the zantucks were pulling the pin altho he did say trent zantuck would NOT be available for the round 4 game against square and the round 5 game against gizzy
to give romby credit he did say on radio back in march trent z. would miss a few games in 06 becoz of his clothing garment label business in melb.

any of u guys hear last nite's radio show darties got stuck into the flat and said the 2 zantucks would be pulling the pin soon
he had it on good authority the flat skipper and ty z. had a big verbal go in the rooms after the saturday game darty said, when harrington told zy he should kick for goal more deliberately or something
anyway after the little radio serve onto the line comes flat coach rombotis he was ringing in from melb. after someone phoned him to tell of the serve
romby said it was rubbish the zantucks were pulling the pin altho he did say trent zantuck would NOT be available for the round 4 game against square and the round 5 game against gizzy
to give romby credit he did say on radio back in march trent z. would miss a few games in 06 becoz of his clothing garment label business in melb.
Watching the game vs the Hawks on the weekend just gone, Ty certainly looked as if he did not want to be there. I was speaking with one of the Burra's water runners after the game who said on several occasions Ty was openly and loudly "paying out" on teammates. Though he may want to exit, he may not have a choice in whether he stays or leaves. Word is there is something keeping him there.. Tibbinator, I'm sure you've heard the rumours..?

You love lighting flames Zakster! I reckon you have no idea!!! In saying that..... I'm sure Zantuck was fully aware of the quality of side he was walking into before he signed up so I cant see the problem!

Odds for round 2

Kyneton $1.30
Flat $3.50

South $1.10
Mary $4.30

Square $1.70
Sandhurst $2.10

Gis $1.01
City $10.00

Eaglehawk $1.20
Castlemaine $3.90

Match of the round will be very close with Square just for mine. All the favs fairly easily.

Odds for round 2

Kyneton $1.30
Flat $3.50

South $1.10
Mary $4.30

Square $1.70
Sandhurst $2.10

Gis $1.01
City $10.00

Eaglehawk $1.20
Castlemaine $3.90

Match of the round will be very close with Square just for mine. All the favs fairly easily.

Gee whiz KA i'd almost take $100 on the main.
Young side with heaps of run. I rate them as the sleepers of the comp.
As for the brough, Dex gave the boys a large spray after the flat game so he would be expecting a good win this week.

Good effort from the boys at the Addy today, naming their top 20 players in the BFL . Dont think you'd get to many arguments with that list .

Great to see L.Saunders continues his reign as the number 1 player in the comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort from the boys at the Addy today, naming their top 20 players in the BFL . Dont think you'd get to many arguments with that list .

Great to see L.Saunders continues his reign as the number 1 player in the comp

can ya post them up here please Bearsboy?? for those of us in a land far,far away but interested in the BFL it would be great to see who they have put in their top 20. cheers!

Yeah Bears, I wouldn't mind having a squiz myself. Would have to say pretty obvious choice for No.1 in the comp. I'll put a few others up - Matty Fitzgerald from Gis, Kain Robbins, maybe even big Johnny Hardinge simply for his value to the way South perform. Then again looking back over these names I think I would still take Saunders every time

cant agree with you anymore.... Great Call:thumbsu:
Top ten ? Turn it up !
Lets have a good look at him first, i heard he's a little light on in the brain department and easily put of his game if you get in his ear .

But in saying this apparently he does have some talent !

can ya post them up here please Bearsboy?? for those of us in a land far,far away but interested in the BFL it would be great to see who they have put in their top 20. cheers!
I've got nothing else to do on a Friday night so here you go .

Adam Bourke and Luke West did a top 20 each which were pretty similiar but i'll put up Bourkey's cos its closer to what mine would be

1. Luke Saunders
2. Ty Zantuck
3. Kain Robbins
4. Matt Fitzgerald
5. Nathan Gilliland
6. Jason Griffin
7. Ian Martin
8. Matt O'Toole
9. Mark Fitzgerald
10. Brady Herdman
11. Ben Hynes
12. Seamus Young
13. Marty O'Reilly
14. Darren Farrugia
15. Wayne Mitrovic
16. Rod Sharp
17. Joel Malone
18. Luke Carter
19. Hamish Dahl
20. Guy Marshall

This bunch of blokes as an interleague team, could no doubt match it with the best of em !

Odds for round 2

Kyneton $1.30
Flat $3.50

South $1.10
Mary $4.30

Square $1.70
Sandhurst $2.10

Gis $1.01
City $10.00

Eaglehawk $1.20
Castlemaine $3.90

kings i would like to have $100 on sandhurst castlemaine double both your outsiders. The rest should be pretty right. i think sandhurst with the extra game under the belt will give square a touch up 5 goals or more at this stage of the season. castlemaine for value

I've got nothing else to do on a Friday night so here you go .

Adam Bourke and Luke West did a top 20 each which were pretty similiar but i'll put up Bourkey's cos its closer to what mine would be

1. Luke Saunders
2. Ty Zantuck
3. Kain Robbins
4. Matt Fitzgerald
5. Nathan Gilliland
6. Jason Griffin
7. Ian Martin
8. Matt O'Toole
9. Mark Fitzgerald
10. Brady Herdman
11. Ben Hynes
12. Seamus Young
13. Marty O'Reilly
14. Darren Farrugia
15. Wayne Mitrovic
16. Rod Sharp
17. Joel Malone
18. Luke Carter
19. Hamish Dahl
20. Guy Marshall

This bunch of blokes as an interleague team, could no doubt match it with the best of em !
bears 2 players i would put in would be Shane Davis did play for the vcfl and brett cook is argubaly the best ruckman in the comp.
Hope the boys at the addy do a top 20 at seasons end to see how things have changed maybe then the likes of Tate and that may have made a name for themselves and a few of the older blokes like jamie bond david nolte ty elliot may have showed age has not stopped them.

Anyone see Steven Reaper's goal for Kyneton today?
Beauty it was from the big man :D .
Zantuck I'll say was again a class above, the guy had no support from Flat though.

Anyone see Steven Reaper's goal for Kyneton today?
Beauty it was from the big man :D .
Zantuck I'll say was again a class above, the guy had no support from Flat though.

Reapers Goal and cookys mark, were probably the best you will see in country footy for a long time.

After Cooks performance yesterday how was he not named in the top 20. He was outstanding.

Odds for round 2

Kyneton $1.30
Flat $3.50

South $1.10
Mary $4.30

Square $1.70
Sandhurst $2.10

Gis $1.01
City $10.00

Eaglehawk $1.20
Castlemaine $3.90

Gee whiz KA i'd almost take $100 on the main.
Young side with heaps of run. I rate them as the sleepers of the comp.
As for the brough, Dex gave the boys a large spray after the flat game so he would be expecting a good win this week.

Sorry KA,
I know nothing about football. Not even close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back