What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can any body give me some information on how Tim Hebbard is going this year? as he was a very good player when he was at the shepp swans? how is he finding his feet in the bendigo league?

Little Man you are a fool. wasn't at the game but got the mail that Apparently Kyneton had a real crack and there was a lot of feeling between the boys if not for a slow start and missed goals should have rolled south, may not be a finals contender but will give some teams a run for there money.. what recruits arn't happy mate Cook, Tate, Funston, Sultan they all seem pretty happy, wheres your mail coming from, just let them go about there buisness

If it wasnt for Kynetons first quater they would have beaten South, they out scored south 8 goals to 5 in the last 3 quaters and if they had of converted a few of there easy misses, could have eaisly out scored them 11 goals to 5. Tate was sensational after half time, Cook was outstanding yet again, Funston just keeps getting the ball, while Guy Ortons 1 year at the Bendigo Bombers has done alot for him he has come back a 70% better player. Rick Coburn was Souths best by a mile just kept racking up possys. If kyneton can get a few of there players back they will challenge a few of these better sides.

KA & BB, Has anything been said as to why Gissy didn't allow Michael Dillon to pull on the boots on Sat? In my opinion he is the best midfielder going around. Would have thought regardless you would pick the best side available and do you think things may have been different if you were playing a top 5 team?

KA & BB, Has anything been said as to why Gissy didn't allow Michael Dillon to pull on the boots on Sat? In my opinion he is the best midfielder going around. Would have thought regardless you would pick the best side available and do you think things may have been different if you were playing a top 5 team?

Dillion was there supporting. Barham had the choice of Dillion or a 1st gamer. End of the day Gissy won by 133 points and the 1st gamer was in the best. Looks like they got it right.

With the Flat kicking 3 goals with Zantuck what can they expect to kick this weekend against Gissy without Zantuck?

City will be a huge chance to beat them in 3 weeks.

had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing the square flat game on the weekend and Zantuck is a disgrace wouldn't be surprised if there is nothing wrong with his hand think he was just having a sook as his team mates didn't kick to him on a couple of occasions. As a general supporter of footy i think flat have hit an all time low.

had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing the square flat game on the weekend and Zantuck is a disgrace wouldn't be surprised if there is nothing wrong with his hand think he was just having a sook as his team mates didn't kick to him on a couple of occasions. As a general supporter of footy i think flat have hit an all time low.

Mate - that honour went to our good mate Wassa and some of his posts. It was only up for Flat now he is locked up in the looney bin.

Very quiet at the minute so I will post the odds early this week as only 1 game will be close this week.

Flat $10,000/1
Gissy $1.01

Mary $3.50
Maine $1.30

Kyneton $4.00
Square $1.20

Eaglehawk $1.70
South $2.10

KA --- take out the Hurst- N City game in ur bets charts. that one was played over at Austar on April 29th. Remember they took the game out of Rd. 5 for an earlier start for the 2 clubs concerned. The same will apply for Rd 6 --- the Maine-Flat game was played on Anzac Day. so in the BFL for the next 2 rounds we will have just four (4) games in each round.

KA --- take out the Hurst- N City game in ur bets charts. that one was played over at Austar on April 29th. Remember they took the game out of Rd. 5 for an earlier start for the 2 clubs concerned. The same will apply for Rd 6 --- the Maine-Flat game was played on Anzac Day. so in the BFL for the next 2 rounds we will have just four (4) games in each round.

Good pick up!

KA I'll have $50 on South

Thanks!!

so now zantuck has declard himself out of the inter-leag squad and has a broken thumb anyway who r u guys going to put in next tuesdays bgo team as ur 5 over 23s
i think i will have borchard in the backline gissies fitzy and lukey saunders squares griffin and hursts coach gilly
dog davis from gissie mite be a bit stiff to miss out
ballarat will have a classy midfield group so we wll need fitzy, griffo and gillyto go with some of the young bfl guns like vigus klein bretler clarkson and farrugia
dahl will be a lay down miseree for the ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very quiet at the minute so I will post the odds early this week as only 1 game will be close this week.

Flat $10,000/1
Gissy $1.01

Mary $3.50
Maine $1.30

Kyneton $4.00
Square $1.20

Eaglehawk $1.70
South $2.10

KA, I'm assuming by your odds that you feel the close one would be E'Hawk/South. What odds for E'Hawk over 39.5?

I reckon the MB/C'maine will be a closer game than perhaps you've given it credit for. I know you would have seen MB first hand on Saturday and probably didn't think much of them, but they are a totally different side at home, especially if they are playing a side outside the top 5. They probably won't win but who knows, I think they might give it a fair shake.

Also Kyneton and Square game is interesting. Down at Kyneton and judging by the weekend, the tigers might be getting it together a bit. They might upset a couple of sides before the year is out!

Yeah the interleague is an interesting one.. I would have picked Sharp before borchard allot more attacking and can really hurt sides with his kicking ability, Saunders picks himself and Griffin is probably the best midfielder in country vic. But probably would go for a big forward like Fitzgerald from Sandhurst as he can play anywhere. Also am a fan of Davis as his carnival last year was fantastic and he is hard to match up on and really hard at the pill.

Does Gilliland qualify as part of the under 23's? Will be a pretty competitive unit tho with blokes like Dahl, Klien-Bretler, Vigus, Fiske, Fuggie... all top young players.

can any body give me some information on how Tim Hebbard is going this year? as he was a very good player when he was at the shepp swans? how is he finding his feet in the bendigo league?

I saw him play against Gissy and Maine. Going off the program, he's number 54. Blonde kid? He is a real go-er and from what I hear is nearly cracking it for a game in the Ones. He's played back pocket / HBF.

He needs to work on his kicking a bit, but should play 3-4 senior games at least in 2007.

KA, I'm assuming by your odds that you feel the close one would be E'Hawk/South. What odds for E'Hawk over 39.5?

I reckon the MB/C'maine will be a closer game than perhaps you've given it credit for. I know you would have seen MB first hand on Saturday and probably didn't think much of them, but they are a totally different side at home, especially if they are playing a side outside the top 5. They probably won't win but who knows, I think they might give it a fair shake.

Also Kyneton and Square game is interesting. Down at Kyneton and judging by the weekend, the tigers might be getting it together a bit. They might upset a couple of sides before the year is out!

I think South were very flat against Kyneton. Eaglehawk will be hard to beat but to win by 39.5 would be a surprise. $3.20.

With you on the Mary game. But still tink Maine are stronger - if the odds were any greater I would sell my house and get on!

I think Square is one of the top 2 teams if not the best. They will win in a canter.

Yeah the interleague is an interesting one.. I would have picked Sharp before borchard allot more attacking and can really hurt sides with his kicking ability, Saunders picks himself and Griffin is probably the best midfielder in country vic. But probably would go for a big forward like Fitzgerald from Sandhurst as he can play anywhere. Also am a fan of Davis as his carnival last year was fantastic and he is hard to match up on and really hard at the pill.

Does Gilliland qualify as part of the under 23's? Will be a pretty competitive unit tho with blokes like Dahl, Klien-Bretler, Vigus, Fiske, Fuggie... all top young players.

I could be wrong, but isn't Fitzgerald 23 this year? He wouldn't be much older would he?

Not 100% sure on the age criteria cause i think Kain Robbins may have just turned 23 in the last week or so.... not sure if that makes him ineligble would suggest fitzy was around the same age so you could be right.

Square defence suspect this week against Tate and Reaper??? Thoughts? Maybe no tyrell after a cheap shot saw him stretchered from the ground any talls that could get the job?

I can't see us being stretched this week, Tyzza will be fine, Ant Holdstock always plays well on any key forward, no matter how big. Should be fine!

Lets be honest Holdstock is prob 5"10 and 80kg and reaper would be around 6"3 and 120kg tate maybe taller again and prob around 90kg... doesn't sound like a good match up to me

If Tyrell does'nt play then L.Rosa can take a tall and B.Fraser has played on Reaper before and done well.

It's especially a danger game if conditions are heavy, Kyneton have a good record at home in the wet.

I'd still be confident Square will win but maybe scores will be abit closer than they would like.

Also if Tyzza doe'snt play maybe it's time to bring up the blonde bombshell who wears the infamous headband at chf in the magoo's!
He's in fair form too the lad.

Lets be honest Holdstock is prob 5"10 and 80kg and reaper would be around 6"3 and 120kg tate maybe taller again and prob around 90kg... doesn't sound like a good match up to me

If Tyrell does'nt play then L.Rosa can take a tall and B.Fraser has played on Reaper before and done well.

It's especially a danger game if conditions are heavy, Kyneton have a good record at home in the wet.

I'd still be confident Square will win but maybe scores will be abit closer than they would like.

Also if Tyzza doe'snt play maybe it's time to bring up the blonde bombshell who wears the infamous headband at chf in the magoo's!
He's in fair form too the lad.

we all know its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog(or Bulldog in this case)
Sqare will have no worries this weekend. I agree PH, put Frase on him. if it is sunny, the shine off Frase's balding head will put Reaper off.

Square Boys,

Heard a whisper the D. Edwards may return to the seniors and D Walsh may come back through the 2's any truth in this? Heard D Walsh hasn't played since a praccy game early on and Edwards has been on fire my sorces tell me he kicked 9 last week and has been known to kick bags of goals for the bulldogs before a couple of years back...

Square Boys,

Heard a whisper the D. Edwards may return to the seniors and D Walsh may come back through the 2's any truth in this? Heard D Walsh hasn't played since a praccy game early on and Edwards has been on fire my sorces tell me he kicked 9 last week and has been known to kick bags of goals for the bulldogs before a couple of years back...

Dangerous Edwards only kicked 8 goals on the weekend, but if you deduct the goals of teammates that he stopped while trying to mark on the line when they were going through then he only kicked four!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back