What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so now zantuck has declard himself out of the inter-leag squad and has a broken thumb anyway who r u guys going to put in next tuesdays bgo team as ur 5 over 23s
i think i will have borchard in the backline gissies fitzy and lukey saunders squares griffin and hursts coach gilly
dog davis from gissie mite be a bit stiff to miss out
ballarat will have a classy midfield group so we wll need fitzy, griffo and gillyto go with some of the young bfl guns like vigus klein bretler clarkson and farrugia
dahl will be a lay down miseree for the ruck
I'll go with L. Saunders, Matty Fitzgerald, N.Gilliland, J.Griffin and either S.Reaper or M.Gretgrix.

KingsArmy should be able to tell us a bit about the Ballarat squad.

BBoy and KA --- speaking to the Gisborne hierarchy after the Sunday QEO game vs. Sandhurst, and they gave the points in the Spekky Magee-Rod Sharp battle to Spekky. They didn't reckon Sharpie did much until the 2nd half.
So Sharpie won't be representing Bendigo vs Ballarat next Tuesday night. Unless they have changed their minds in the past 24 hours, coach B. Fitzpatrick and his co-selectors have not placed Sharpie in the over-23 contingent for the BFL squad.
We haven't played Ballarat since that cold Friday night in 2004 in the 1st of the short 2 x 20 minute halves carnival concept for inter-league. We played that 3 games in one weekend set-up again in 2005 and 2006.
Dekka Filo kicked the sweep for Bendigo that night back in 04 at Austar Arena.

The main reason Kyneton won't play their juniors in the RDFL is most of their best players are from the RDFL anyway and kids won't play against their old clubs.

Check their list and see how many come from Woodend and Lancefield?

Gisbornes success is that they look after their juniors well and recruit very well from the RDFL with players who want to further develope their football. Having a good club culture helps something Kyneton hasn't got.

Can u please tell me there names and you dont think they left so they could play in a half decent league do you. Again kyneton will in the premeirship this time in the 16.5

Jock
Saw the Gissy Sandhurst game too and thought Magee and gilliland were definately the dragons best till half time. Thought sandhurst did well by getting Sharp as close to goal as possible to stop his run. However in the second half i thought it was sharp who was realeased by barham to half back, fitzy and the great man saunders after an inspirational pack mark that no defender in the world would have stopped and a snap over his head that lifted for the bulldogs to get them over the line.

I can't think of a better all round Backman than sharp in the BFL.

Can u please tell me there names and you dont think they left so they could play in a half decent league do you. Again kyneton will in the premeirship this time in the 16.5

HFF is right, Kyneton should join the RDFL. If they played then you could have a really good junior comp. The hopefully the players not from Kyneton could return to make thier home clubs stronger.

Rory Healy, Myles Dorman, Calum Furness are three players that I know of playing for Kyneton. Young Elliott Massina is also a Woodend boy there but you can understand considering his dad is the senior coach.

HFF is right, Kyneton should join the RDFL. If they played then you could have a really good junior comp. The hopefully the players not from Kyneton could return to make thier home clubs stronger.

Rory Healy, Myles Dorman, Calum Furness are three players that I know of playing for Kyneton. Young Elliott Massina is also a Woodend boy there but you can understand considering his dad is the senior coach.

Well that's just total win-win for Kyneton isn't it? Play in a lesser comp so that the time, effort and money you put into developing kids can be pissed up against the wall by them returning to their Riddell League clubs. Not only that, but the ones you keep are less developed because they have played at a lower level.

Get straight on the phone with that one.

Well that's just total win-win for Kyneton isn't it? Play in a lesser comp so that the time, effort and money you put into developing kids can be pissed up against the wall by them returning to their Riddell League clubs. Not only that, but the ones you keep are less developed because they have played at a lower level.

Well said

But the Bendigo League juniors aren't that much stronger. In fact, I would back the RDFL's Under 18s, 16s and 14s rep sides to defeat the BFL's.

Nicholls, that would have to be the dumbest thing you have had to say! Why would any club want to go to a lower league for short term (and little) value

But the Bendigo League juniors aren't that much stronger. In fact, I would back the RDFL's Under 18s, 16s and 14s rep sides to defeat the BFL's.

The overall point is that all these juniors should be aspiring to play at the highest level, and that is the Bendigo or Ballarat League - not the Riddell League.

Spreading the talent out, whilst beneficial to the RDFL in the short term, doesn't benefit anyone in the long run.

New subject.... Think interleague is losing its appeal the whole idea was to see which leagues were the best by playing the best players off against each other but due to the best players not wanting to put up their hands we see games between leagues that are not giving us a true indication.

I would like to see a champions league in the future where the premiership teams from the major leagues get to play each other.. This would give a much better indication of how other leagues stack up... Thoughts on this anyone?

New subject.... Think interleague is losing its appeal the whole idea was to see which leagues were the best by playing the best players off against each other but due to the best players not wanting to put up their hands we see games between leagues that are not giving us a true indication.

I would like to see a champions league in the future where the premiership teams from the major leagues get to play each other.. This would give a much better indication of how other leagues stack up... Thoughts on this anyone?

The idea has merit but finding the time to do this would be damn hard. I am guessing you are taking your idea from soccer? They play mid week for those games, which would be near impossible for a country footy league to do, because it is not fulltime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe just a one off game Norfolk wouldn't you love to see your beloved Bulldogs (if they were to win) play off against your old mob Ky (if they were to win?

Yeah mate, but we play Ky in praccy matches quite often anyway. I reckon its a great idea but can't see it happening with club committees being set in their old fashioned ways.

From what i hear, plenty of quality players were keen to play.

Disapointingly, not every coach was happy about their players taking part.

This year isn't really ideal so i can understand the coaches points of view. I know when i used to play it would take me till about wednesday to get over a saturday game once i turned about 24 years old. Keeping that in mind the likes of Griffin, Saunders and the older blokes it is a big ask for them to play 3 games in 7 days. Especially with no breaks during the year.

Can you name the coaches who were unhappy?

I think for interleague to prosper it has to go back to the old format not the Micky mouse round robin stuff the VCFL have been serving us for the last few years.
The way it is at the moment it only suits the young blokes to back up 3 times in a weekend thus the older more experienced blokes pulling out and the sides getting weaker and less of a spectacle.

All blokes should be proud to represent there respective leagues as it is a privelige to play and test yourself against the best other leagues have to offer.

Lets get back to the old days.

Don't let the big B down........

Good point Max think the old format was much better. Still would like to see something along the lines of a champions league game... Would pay to watch Gisborne v Seymour we be sensational i reckon..

Square boys can anyone tell me whats happening with D. Anderson from the square was allot of talk about Adamson in the paper but very little on the star back pocket player... will he play again this year?

Good point Max think the old format was much better. Still would like to see something along the lines of a champions league game... Would pay to watch Gisborne v Seymour we be sensational i reckon..

Square boys can anyone tell me whats happening with D. Anderson from the square was allot of talk about Adamson in the paper but very little on the star back pocket player... will he play again this year?

He should be right come finals time mate, big loss at Country Vet Oval! I think Livewire is a quick healer and we'll be back before the end of the home and away games.

I heard Dillion is making the most of his time out of the game and hitting the gym 5 nights a week.
I just hope once his knee heals it will be able to support his big guns!

Looks like a wet weekend ahead, few upsets on the cards.

J. Rombotis might as well give up there are better player coaches in the under 12's...

S. Weekly unlike his brother is a pretty handy player hits the contest hard so if he doesn't take a grab he at least makes his presence felt and hurts a few blokes. Kicked a few in the first round against the Northies but lets face it my 12 year old son could kick 6 against those blokes.

J. Rombotis might as well give up there are better player coaches in the under 12's...

S. Weekly unlike his brother is a pretty handy player hits the contest hard so if he doesn't take a grab he at least makes his presence felt and hurts a few blokes. Kicked a few in the first round against the Northies but lets face it my 12 year old son could kick 6 against those blokes.

Think you underestimate Russ Weekley - dodgy knee and still hits the ball hard. He knows no other way, like his brother. Simon is versatile and can play in the middle as well as be a target up forward. He's kicked a couple of bags this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back