What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren said:
By the way, its high time that the roos got a mention on this site! i have been a keen follower of big footy from the start but i'm sick of square south and gis dominating the thread. The roos are the best off field club in the comp and will be right up there next year with our young stars coming though. Mark my words.

Can't see Flat improving On -Field next season.
Rumor has it Hamish Dahl wants to leave with his brother Jacob.
Brown no certainty to stay. C Harrington will retire you'd think. That would end Matt Harringtons playing days at Flat. N Shelton would have to retire. Should of 3 years ago.
The flat would need to recruit at least 9 quality senior players to add to their current team and up & coming juniors before supporters of them start making outlandish comments about being up there amongst it next season. It doesn't happen overnight the improvement Flat need and it hasn't helped the fact they haven't improved one bit in the last 2 years under D Brown.
I hope D Brown stays at K Flat because they need him to as a player and the league needs the Roos back on the winning list regualry as the were in the D Filo/A hawkins/D lancaster days! Not the DENZO days as they are at the moment. I feel sorry for my little mate Gregory Stevens who puts his heart & soul into the club.

FinalWord said:
Can't see Flat improving On -Field next season.
Rumor has it Hamish Dahl wants to leave with his brother Jacob.
Brown no certainty to stay. C Harrington will retire you'd think. That would end Matt Harringtons playing days at Flat. N Shelton would have to retire. Should of 3 years ago.
The flat would need to recruit at least 9 quality senior players to add to their current team and up & coming juniors before supporters of them start making outlandish comments about being up there amongst it next season. It doesn't happen overnight the improvement Flat need and it hasn't helped the fact they haven't improved one bit in the last 2 years under D Brown.
I hope D Brown stays at K Flat because they need him to as a player and the league needs the Roos back on the winning list regualry as the were in the D Filo/A hawkins/D lancaster days! Not the DENZO days as they are at the moment. I feel sorry for my little mate Gregory Stevens who puts his heart & soul into the club.

Greg is a legend, he has a good time and gets into it regardless! I said mark my words, K-flat will play finals next year. Thanks for your run down of the ins and outs for next year pal but with all due respect, you don't know what will happen. the Filo/Milly/Fox/Jorgy days were great... (probably wouldn't have hawkins in there) but we have a fresh crop coming through... at least 3 of the under 18s will/can play good senior football next year.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Warren.

Warren said:
Greg is a legend, he has a good time and gets into it regardless! I said mark my words, K-flat will play finals next year. Thanks for your run down of the ins and outs for next year pal but with all due respect, you don't know what will happen. the Filo/Milly/Fox/Jorgy days were great... (probably wouldn't have hawkins in there) but we have a fresh crop coming through... at least 3 of the under 18s will/can play good senior football next year.

Warren.

Apologies- do not know much about the league. But I am interested in K Flats mid-year recruit: D. Ciavola.

Ex- Montmorency (and more recently Kyabram) - he used to play with Brown at Mont. Probably only played two games so far - but has he made a difference Warren? Good in an under player..

Warren said:
Warren.

No worries Warren. Happy to discuss and add my thoughts from the outside point of view.
Hawkins did play 99 games I think for the flat and lost by a vote to Milward in the B & F the year they lost to Castlemaine in the granny, back in 2000 I think... That should warrant his name being included. From memory Jorgy had stacked on the pounds a bit for Flat that year too..
Flat always have a good following. Would be good to see that grow once again!
What are your thoughts Warren on what you think the club needs to get back up there???

FinalWord said:
No worries Warren. Happy to discuss and add my thoughts from the outside point of view.
Hawkins did play 99 games I think for the flat and lost by a vote to Milward in the B & F the year they lost to Castlemaine in the granny, back in 2000 I think... That should warrant his name being included. From memory Jorgy had stacked on the pounds a bit for Flat that year too..
Flat always have a good following. Would be good to see that grow once again!
What are your thoughts Warren on what you think the club needs to get back up there???

If Hawkins is such a legend back there, then why wouldn't he go back there? Didn't he get dropped for GF? Is that why he left? Character?

The mighty flat need a strong leader at the club that is well liked and respected. Can bring a couple of mates but pull these ripper juniors through. Hammer would stay for sure then. Great bloke and player. Best in the league by a mile!!

ciavola goes v. nicely bullet hey warren and fw -- wot happened to salla
& warren how come dickens the ass cch didn't get many recruits in the summer to come across from his neck of the woods ... around the kyabram dist leag area werent they good enuf to play bfl

zakster said:
& warren how come dickens the ass cch didn't get many recruits in the summer to come across from his neck of the woods ... around the kyabram dist leag area werent they good enuf to play bfl

Big move to come across. Leave work etc. Not just an overnight decision for a lot of people. We might have got a few more if we won a couple of games early but it didn't happen. Things will start to fall into place soon!

zakster said:

It is not just an overnight decision to move huts! Leaving work etc. Maybe if we won a couple of games early we might have got a couple more. Need the right characters at the club. The ones that get in and give a bit back. Like Hammer, Harro, Humma and Aussie! Need some more of these type. Can play footy a bit too would help but it would create an atmosphere that people would want to be around!

Apologies for similar posts, thort it didnt work. These flat computers are quite up to todays speed

Well it obvious you don't like Hawkins Warren.
Hawkins I think didn't leave the club because he was dropped for a Grand Final. He played in Flats last Grand Final Appearance and was one of the best. He was only 17 or 18 when he got dropped from an earlier Grand Final team. I'm sure he moved on from that when he stayed at the club for 3-4 years after it happened. Other players , more immature players would of left & cracked them ,but he stayed & improved himself..
In the end I think he left the flat for friendship reasons and because he had some issues with the club which to this day have been kept between him & the club which is a credit to him not bagging the club like he could. He still thinks highly of the Flat from what Iv'e heard.

Enough of talking about him anyway !

Being a relatively new person on this thread Warren what are your thoughts on who will win the Flag this year and WhY??

FinalWord said:
Well it obvious you don't like Hawkins Warren.
Hawkins I think didn't leave the club because he was dropped for a Grand Final. He played in Flats last Grand Final Appearance and was one of the best. He was only 17 or 18 when he got dropped from an earlier Grand Final team. I'm sure he moved on from that when he stayed at the club for 3-4 years after it happened. Other players , more immature players would of left & cracked them ,but he stayed & improved himself..
In the end I think he left the flat for friendship reasons and because he had some issues with the club which to this day have been kept between him & the club which is a credit to him not bagging the club like he could. He still thinks highly of the Flat from what Iv'e heard.

Enough of talking about him anyway !

Being a relatively new person on this thread Warren what are your thoughts on who will win the Flag this year and WhY??

Yeah enough about Aaron, he has done the best with what he has got.. at least he reached his potential, thats more than many in the bfl can say.

Its a bit of a raff this years isn't it! i would like to see anyone of the top 5 other than Gisborne to win.

Warren said:
Yeah enough about Aaron, he has done the best with what he has got.. at least he reached his potential, thats more than many in the bfl can say.

Its a bit of a raff this years isn't it! i would like to see anyone of the top 5 other than Gisborne to win.

Warren,

I read with interest your thoughts on the youth at Kangaroo Flat and found myself agreeing with some of your points.

They are looking for a coach with strong work ethic, someone who will lead from the front and importantly some discipline.

Can you please provide me the ages and a few thoughts on each of these players:-

- Jarrod Weigard
- Travis Thatcher
- Hamish Dahl
- Chris Belz
- Tyson Holt
- Chris Mathesion
- Dylan Holzer
- Aidan Moore
- Chris Wilmot
- Tim Brooks

Would I be right in saying these guys are the future of the club?

Any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Warren said:
If Hawkins is such a legend back there, then why wouldn't he go back there? Didn't he get dropped for GF? Is that why he left? Character?

The mighty flat need a strong leader at the club that is well liked and respected. Can bring a couple of mates but pull these ripper juniors through. Hammer would stay for sure then. Great bloke and player. Best in the league by a mile!!
If you question Hawkins character, then surly you must question Millwood's character to leave the club he is captain of on june 29th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wobble said:
Warren,

I read with interest your thoughts on the youth at Kangaroo Flat and found myself agreeing with some of your points.

They are looking for a coach with strong work ethic, someone who will lead from the front and importantly some discipline.

Can you please provide me the ages and a few thoughts on each of these players:-

- Jarrod Weigard
- Travis Thatcher
- Hamish Dahl
- Chris Belz
- Tyson Holt
- Chris Mathesion
- Dylan Holzer
- Aidan Moore
- Chris Wilmot
- Tim Brooks

You have hit the nail on the head there Wob... players like Holt, Belz, Dahl and Thatcher are already good senior players and will only improve, i think those guys would be at worst pushing for senior selction in any bfl team.

Warren said:
wobble said:
Warren,

- Jarrod Weigard
- Travis Thatcher
- Hamish Dahl
- Chris Belz
- Tyson Holt
- Chris Mathesion
- Dylan Holzer
- Aidan Moore
- Chris Wilmot
- Tim Brooks

You have hit the nail on the head there Wob... players like Holt, Belz, Dahl and Thatcher are already good senior players and will only improve, i think those guys would be at worst pushing for senior selction in any bfl team.

Their Ages Wazza, I need to know their ages.

Are they all around the 18-19 bracket?

You have hit the nail on the head there Wob... players like Holt, Belz, Dahl and Thatcher are already good senior players and will only improve, i think those guys would be at worst pushing for senior selction in any bfl team.[/quote]

Hey Warren,

I've got your baseball!

You don't get it back until you speak some sense.... struggler!

any truth to the rumour getting around town that it was in fact the eaglehawk football club that dobbed in jason griffin from square to the V.C.F.L about him having to serve at least one week from the the tribunal. anyone know anything about this? if true would have thought square would be livid.

Warren said:
Brown would be the best player in the BFL on his day.... he is a superstar. He has played many good games for k-flat, would hate to see him go to another club in the bfl.

Go roos!!!
A couple of very big calls there Warren , i think you may be getting a little carried away old mate .

Wayne Weideman said:
any truth to the rumour getting around town that it was in fact the eaglehawk football club that dobbed in jason griffin from square to the V.C.F.L about him having to serve at least one week from the the tribunal. anyone know anything about this? if true would have thought square would be livid.

I think the old boy griff was pretty crook anyway... probably didn't hurt him to have a week off.

Well done to the 3 gissy boys to make the VCFL final cut. Saunders, Dillon and Davis are great representatives for the BFL. Saunders was given the honour of being the vice captain - great achivement. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Warren if you would like to poll the people on Big Footy on who is the best player in the BFL could you put 1 vote down for Saunders on behalf of the King.

Rumor file has it that Michael Mckern from Eaglehawk alerted the Bendigo League to the issue regarding Square player J griffin.
Hasn't been founded that he was the one who did it,but wouldn't be surprised. He would have to be the biggest parasite in the Bendigo football League. He was the goose who claimed Eaglehawk would win the Flag this year with the team they had on the Back page of the Addy early in the season. The bloke has no idea about footy at all and gets away with acting important because he has money behind him. He has small man syndrome big time.

It was either him or the umpires advocate rumor says. Square are looking into this from all reports There you go Weideman.

Yawn, yawn... all this Kangaroo Flat talk is making me sleepy.
Let's get back to some interesting stuff.

Had a good look at Square and Eh last week.
Gretgrix is a star for the Borough - if he and Robins have big September's look out.
I know Square had a lot out, but they have got no tall defenders. I'm a bit worried they might be found wanting by EH's and South's tall forwards on a dry day in September.
There's also some doubts on Rosa's ability. Myself and a few blokes who were watching the game on Saturday can't have him as far as being in the top group of players in the comp.

Does anyone know when South's Leigh Burke and Gisborne's Ollie Messaoudi will be back from injury???

Does anyone know when South's Leigh Burke and Gisborne's Ollie Messaoudi will be back from injury???[/quote]

I think you'll find Ollies been right for a while but been busy with work at the show. The dodgem cars don't run themselves you know Harry!!

max powers. said:
I think you'll find Ollies been right for a while but been busy with work at the show. The dodgem cars don't run themselves you know Harry!!

Ha ha - I like your work Aaron ...... or is it Dillon :thumbsu:

bearsboy said:
A couple of very big calls there Warren , i think you may be getting a little carried away old mate .

I'm not your mate fat boy!

I would appreciate it if you would not address me as mate you gisborne rat, its God to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back