What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what this website has reverted to?

Gutless ordinary footballers hiding behind alias names intent on bagging people. Footballers of the calibre of Danny O'Bree shouldn't be subjected to this crap.

If you want to have a crack at someone Mountain Boy at least have the guts to use your real name!

Because I'd be willing to be bet my balls you wouldn't blow wind up O'Bree as a footballer and that is what this website is about - Football!!

Your mate Gareth Keenan isn't much better!

I believe south bendigo is shaping up really well this season with the recruiting they have been able to do. danny o'bree obviously has some good connections through country football. bloods will definitely finish top 3 this year. here's a little market i have developed for the bloods:
premiership $9
making the top five $2.15
wooden spoon $657
any takers punters

wobble said:
Is this what this website has reverted to?

Gutless ordinary footballers hiding behind alias names intent on bagging people. Footballers of the calibre of Danny O'Bree shouldn't be subjected to this crap.

If you want to have a crack at someone Mountain Boy at least have the guts to use your real name!

Because I'd be willing to be bet my balls you wouldn't blow wind up O'Bree as a footballer and that is what this website is about - Football!!

Your mate Gareth Keenan isn't much better!

Settle down love. O'Bree is an awesome footy player, definitely, but so's Fraser Gehrig and he'd cop sh*t everyday.

O'Bree or any other local footballers will never read the crap we write on here so just feel sorry for Fraser Gehrig.

What the hells a Gareth Keenan??

Wobble do you know Breeza or are you just a fan? I don't think Danny would really care.
I think the general look on Gissy is that they'll be one of the top teams as usual but will be given a run for their money. In my opinion Matty Fitz will be great for the club and don't think Gissy are done recruiting yet, I know a few young fellas they're about to pick up.

I think most bfl followers would agree gisborne is shaping up well this year. obviously losing j barham will hurt, but gisborne is a good side. Gisborne to start flag favourites for me.
Here is my market on them.
Premiership $2.20
Top Five $1.15
wooden spoon $22,000
did anyone get on doug bromac at harold park the other night. got into a bit of trouble going around the corner into the home stretch, which just saw it get pipped at the post.
how do we think the afl game is going to go in bendigo this friday night. essendon versus hawthorn. should be a good game.
i have Essendon at $1.95 for the game, the Hawks at $2.20.
for the wooden spoon, carlton at $1.04

Picklesmeoldmate said:
I think most bfl followers would agree gisborne is shaping up well this year. obviously losing j barham will hurt, but gisborne is a good side. Gisborne to start flag favourites for me.

Appreciate the info boys, Sunshine in the WRFL are playing them tom night in a praccy match at whitten oval.

Where did this J Barham go to??

sorry, also does Ty elliot still play for gisborne, did he last year, if not, anyone know where he ended up??

How was his form also while he played with them?

Picklesmeoldmate said:
Here is my market on them.
Premiership $2.20
Top Five $1.15
wooden spoon $22,000
did anyone get on doug bromac at harold park the other night. got into a bit of trouble going around the corner into the home stretch, which just saw it get pipped at the post.
how do we think the afl game is going to go in bendigo this friday night. essendon versus hawthorn. should be a good game.
i have Essendon at $1.95 for the game, the Hawks at $2.20.
for the wooden spoon, carlton at $1.04

The Dons Hawks game should be good, club says Crawf is a 50/50 chance, I'd say thats probably not. But should be a good game, Hawks should get up and hopefully I'll be getting along to watch them, just don't want to go if its gonna be packed and think it probably will. Anyone on here going?

Thanks for your continuous online odds for us Pickles, your a gun.

Jordan Barham is a 6 ft 5 CHF, Travvy. Can also ruck a bit. Gone to VFL club Werribee for 06.
J. Barham is bro. of senior coach Marcus Barham who took over from Mick McGuane at Gisborne for the 2005 season .... and of course Gissy won the flag last Sept.
Ty Elliott is a pacy wingman. Won the Nalder Medal as BOG in the grand final last season so he goes alright. And I understand he's committed to 1 more year at Gis.
Dave Power has his clearance application in to come back to Gis. from EDFL, so he will help strengthen the backline.

south_hawk said:
The Dons Hawks game should be good, club says Crawf is a 50/50 chance, I'd say thats probably not. But should be a good game, Hawks should get up and hopefully I'll be getting along to watch them, just don't want to go if its gonna be packed and think it probably will. Anyone on here going?

Thanks for your continuous online odds for us Pickles, your a gun.
Jordan Barham went to werribee in the vfl to play under the axe - simon atkins. Ty Elliott is playing on for another season. There is a chance he was going to pull up stumps after last year's grand final win.
Classy player who moves so well and is a good disposal.
I will be going along to the game on friday night for a look at the two sides. pity its not the mighty fremantle dockers playing, but we're still on the big stage in the nab cup against geelong on friday night.
here is my market for this week's games if anyone wants a nibble on "Punt with the Pickle''.
Adelaide v Melbourne
Adelaide - $1.90
Melbourne - $2.30
Geelong v Fremantle
Geelong - $1.80
Fremantle - $3.20
And my odds for the cup are:
Geelong - $2.40
Adelaide $2.70
Melbourne $3.20
Fremantle $4.80

Jock Clark 2 my old sparring partner. How do you see the season shaping up at the moment. There isn't too long to go now. You seem to have been around the league for a while and have some good knowledge on how things are going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone interested in taking part in a bfl tipping comp this year. i'm sure we may be arrange something. a tipping comp would be something added to this growing forum, that is attracting new posters all the time, like good old mountain boy and our former footscray forward in delray (i know his last name was del-re)

:thumbsu: WE'VE got the same Final 5, Pickles .... Gisborne/South Bgo/Square/Eaglehawkees/Hurst. But Hurst to be less potent up forward if Mark Fitzgerald decides to join his old Bridge Hotel boss "Blue" Southcombe and play for Elmore in the H'cote League.
North City to finish just outside the Top 5. Castlemaine to finish 7th, then Kyneton, Maryboro and the Flat.
Reaper to play a handful of games for Kyneton after his VCFL inter-league commitments in May and early June have been concluded ... but then to miss another couple when the VCFL v Vic. Amateurs match rolls around (the lead-up and maybe the week straight after).
Maine to fight hard to retain Leigh Rees and South to get involved in some huge raffle selling and other fundraising ventures to pay for what looks like being a virtually brand new side !

:thumbsu:
Jock Clark 2 said:
:thumbsu: WE'VE got the same Final 5, Pickles .... Gisborne/South Bgo/Square/Eaglehawkees/Hurst. But Hurst to be less potent up forward if Mark Fitzgerald decides to join his old Bridge Hotel boss "Blue" Southcombe and play for Elmore in the H'cote League.
North City to finish just outside the Top 5. Castlemaine to finish 7th, then Kyneton, Maryboro and the Flat.
Reaper to play a handful of games for Kyneton after his VCFL inter-league commitments in May and early June have been concluded ... but then to miss another couple when the VCFL v Vic. Amateurs match rolls around (the lead-up and maybe the week straight after).
Maine to fight hard to retain Leigh Rees and South to get involved in some huge raffle selling and other fundraising ventures to pay for what looks like being a virtually brand new side !
:thumbsu: You make some valid points there jock _ do you mind if i call you strap. although i have eaglehawk finishing above golden square in third position. think fifth spot will be fought out between sandhurst and north city. and you never know what north city will be like do you. if reaper plays a few games, it certainly increases kyneton's chances of tasting a couple of victories this season. Gisborne to start favourite though without question, while the flat would be the favourite to take the spoon, like you say strap.

News is that Kyneton's gonna struggle to field a 2 sides. They've only had 14 for under 18's training

Rhan said:
News is that Kyneton's gonna struggle to field a 2 sides. They've only had 14 for under 18's training

I heard the senior squad has been training with less than 20! Plenty of clearances from Kyneton seem to be going in to the league. I wouldn't mind a wager on them for this year's spoon. Pickles, you seem like the man to talk to about that one. what would a Kyneton spoon-wobble to end up in an anger management course double get me?

spoke4923 said:
I heard the senior squad has been training with less than 20! Plenty of clearances from Kyneton seem to be going in to the league. I wouldn't mind a wager on them for this year's spoon. Pickles, you seem like the man to talk to about that one. what would a Kyneton spoon-wobble to end up in an anger management course double get me?
Spoker, that double might be surprisingly short. wobble did tee off the other day didn't he, and from the outside, there are a lot of players leaving kyneton isn't there. The odds for that double with Punt with the Pickle are $4.20. You interested?

what do we think of the prize money up for grabs in the lightning premiership. do we think the $2000 up for grabs for the winner will be a bit of extra incentive for the teams to perhaps field stronger sides for it.

Picklesmeoldmate said:
what do we think of the prize money up for grabs in the lightning premiership. do we think the $2000 up for grabs for the winner will be a bit of extra incentive for the teams to perhaps field stronger sides for it.

'Punt with the Pickle' sounds like a good thread to start? Do you do anything else in your life Pickles? I'm not complaining at all, just seem to have a lot of time my knowledgable friend!!

Apologies to all for my outburst directed at Mountain Boy the other day.

I just felt we were getting away from the football related discussions by continually referring to individuals looks etc rather than their football ability.

Hey Travvy43, can you confirm Gisborne are playing Sunshine tonight @ Whitten Oval and if so what time?

wobble said:
Apologies to all for my outburst directed at Mountain Boy the other day.

I just felt we were getting away from the football related discussions by continually referring to individuals looks etc rather than their football ability.

Hey Travvy43, can you confirm Gisborne are playing Sunshine tonight @ Whitten Oval and if so what time?
To the man who calls himself wobble. You are forgiven for your outburst at the man who lives on a mountain. Weapo my good friend, i do do something away from posting odds, how about you. what do you do when you're not enjoying the wonders of big footy

Picklesmeoldmate said:
To the man who calls himself wobble. You are forgiven for your outburst at the man who lives on a mountain. Weapo my good friend, i do do something away from posting odds, how about you. what do you do when you're not enjoying the wonders of big footy

Look at my emails and then quickly return for an updated episode of Big Footy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back