What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterOfRoc said:
"Major Breach of Big Brother Rules and Regulations"

my guess is either Physicality, or Contact with the outside world

They did some turkey slapping of camilla apparently... check out the media and reality tv board.

The_Swifferian said:
They did some turkey slapping of camilla apparently... check out the media and reality tv board.
that opens big brother right up because ashley and john were both right in it. here is the goat's odds on who will win big brother
claire $2.80
david $3
gaelan $4.80
camilla $5.20
krystal $9
jamie $14
darren $38
perry $45
anyone want to get on board

Kings Army said:
How did I know the Goat was going to fly the flag for the radio station! End of the day the caller guessed - might call in talk back next week and see if they can present the stats to confirm that this was a world record half time break!! Somehow I doubt it.

Hi Kings Army, the stats about the length of the half time break were provided by myself down the line to the callers. The figure was arrived at by the computer log, from when i played the intro to the add break coming to the studio from the ground and when i crossed back from Country Vet Oval to the QEO, In fact the break was longer as goal kickers and best players were talked about before the cross to myself in the studio, so it was at least 28 minutes without making any guesses. Which ever way you look at it, it was long, as for a world record, ill leave that for you to figure out.

I would point the blame for this to the umpires. I would think that it would be there duty to control things like that and if one team was late, go and get them after 1 or 2 minutes and not let it go for so long.

As for the BFL in general, it is good to see 5 genuine contenders and this weeks results show anyone on anyday is capable of winning....:thumbsu:

yes, i agree with you dale, the umpys should have gone and got gisborne out of the changerooms, rather than waiting 28 minutes for it to get started. and i firmly believe there are five genuine flag chances in the bfl.
let's be honest, it's great the footy around there - hdfl is wide open, lvfl is wide open, but in the mcdfl, let's just give the cup to harcourt

Picklesmeoldmate said:
wisper, your obviously a closet south supporter. let me see, south for the flag, fair choice, knight for the michelsen, not sure, haven't seen much of him, and beattie for the ron best, that's a good selection.
I'm going to give you $30 for that multiple. just not quite sure of knight's capabilities of winning the michelsen, but your other selections are quite good. are you happy with that

Was looking at the early posts on the site and found this. Have the odds dipped Pickles? Goat that talks, what are your odds for this combo?

The Talking Goat said:
yes, i agree with you dale, the umpys should have gone and got gisborne out of the changerooms, rather than waiting 28 minutes for it to get started. and i firmly believe there are five genuine flag chances in the bfl.
let's be honest, it's great the footy around there - hdfl is wide open, lvfl is wide open, but in the mcdfl, let's just give the cup to harcourt

your right all leagues except mcdfl there are a few chances, harcourt are very impressive.

Kings Army said:
Full credit to SB. With both teams missing key players SB were able to show they have very good depth and out played Gissy. Looks like Square and Gissy were flat after the great game the week before.

Looking forawrd to the Goats flag odds.

Interesting listening to the call yesterday. Nick Knight got a hiding early from one of the callers only to turn in a best on ground performance leaving a certain caller very red faced.

Also could not believe the quote as the 2nd half was about to begin "the half time break was the longest in football history" what a terrible throw away line based on nothing - no facts to back this up and just an attempt to put Gissy in it.:thumbsdown:

g'day king's army what was said about knight on radio? got told about this today off another big footy poster who doesn't know much about the situation

Johnny Tapp said:
Was looking at the early posts on the site and found this. Have the odds dipped Pickles? Goat that talks, what are your odds for this combo?
interesting multiple you pick up there johnny, let's take a look at it:
south for the flag - yes, south bendigo can win the flag after proving they aren't pretenders
knight for the medal - yes, nick can win the medal, is starting to hit his straps now and playing well in a winning side.
beattie for the goalkicking - this is the only issue. beattie is out injured and has missed a number of games. has dropped off the pace now, and with o'toole also not palying yesty, lobb would be the favourite.
because of the beattie factor, i'm going to place this multiple at $25.
my big brother odds may have to change now that big galean is out. what was said about knight on the radio

The Talking Goat said:
anyone know why john and ashley have been thrown out of big brother?

Big Brother said:
Network Ten and Big Brother producers, Endemol Southern Star, today reaffirmed their commitment to the highly popular television program and confirmed Big Brother adheres to all broadcasting codes of practice and all relevant rules and regulations.

No footage of the incident that led to housemates Ashley and John being evicted was broadcast on television, nor would it be.

This is a closed police matter.

TEN and ESS proactively invited the Queensland Police to view the footage, and they subsequently interviewed housemate Camilla, who reiterated she did not wish to take the matter forward.

While the footage was never broadcast, and will not be, TEN and ESS will fully cooperate with any Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) investigation, and we are confident that we have upheld the Television Industry Code of Practice and any other broadcasting law or regulation.

Ashley and John were evicted because they broke the rules of housemate conduct. Big Brother is very popular, as evidenced by the strong and broad audiences it draws every night of the week, and will remain on air.

id say Assault of some sort

1/2 time at the QEO yeaterday was a complete joke. 28 min yes...............but in Gis defence, they had the door shut as it was freezing and they were copping a serve from Marcus. Its a long way from where the siren is to the rooms over near the pool....no-one heard it in the rooms and no umpire of BFL offical made an effort to go there and get them. If the BFL fine the Bulldogs for this one then it will be another Launceston situation like in the AFL. You cannot do much if you dont hear the siren.

GREENMAN said:
1/2 time at the QEO yeaterday was a complete joke. 28 min yes...............but in Gis defence, they had the door shut as it was freezing and they were copping a serve from Marcus. Its a long way from where the siren is to the rooms over near the pool....no-one heard it in the rooms and no umpire of BFL offical made an effort to go there and get them. If the BFL fine the Bulldogs for this one then it will be another Launceston situation like in the AFL. You cannot do much if you dont hear the siren.

You can't just blame the BFL officials. Doesn't Gissy have a team manager and wouldn't be their job to ensure the team is on the ground at the right time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well , My tips were definately off the page on the weekend.
Fantastic win from South and they now are flag favourites you would say....Great team win with all them players missing..
Has really opened up the competition which is healthy for discussion on Big Footy for sure!
Square rolled over in the last qtr against their arch rival Sandhurst.
3rd spot definately up for grabs now.. Square with a slight advantage with 7 games to go, but Eaglehawk & Sandhurst breathing down their neck.

Final 5 definately settled with Castlemaine's surprise loss.

Tail between my legs with my awful tips!!

FinalWord said:
Well , My tips were definately off the page on the weekend.
Fantastic win from South and they now are flag favourites you would say....Great team win with all them players missing..
Has really opened up the competition which is healthy for discussion on Big Footy for sure!
Square rolled over in the last qtr against their arch rival Sandhurst.
3rd spot definately up for grabs now.. Square with a slight advantage with 7 games to go, but Eaglehawk & Sandhurst breathing down their neck.

Final 5 definately settled with Castlemaine's surprise loss.

Tail between my legs with my awful tips!!
i expect more from youn final word, you're a better tipster than that

The Talking Goat said:
i expect more from youn final word, you're a better tipster than that

I'll clean up my act Goat... South & Sandhurst have definately added some fire to the league & the Burra are on the march too. Big test for the Burra against Gissy next game and Square have a big test against South also in 2 weeks...

the bfl couldn't have worked their split round out any better.
south-square and gissy-eaglehawk games both on next weekend. going to be a massive day of bfl footy where the results will have huge implications on the make up of the top 5. looking forward to it already. goat out

Hey Goat, you seem to be the best man to ask about all things BFL-related.. I was wondering how 2 of my good mates were going out at South - Nick Knight and Daniel Bevan (who I think returned from injury during the past couple of weeks)? Is it true Nick Knight is a chance for the league medal?

Also, has is Benny Hynes going out at Eaglehawk - very good fella and hard at it on-baller..

T.Perry said:
Hey Goat, you seem to be the best man to ask about all things BFL-related.. I was wondering how 2 of my good mates were going out at South - Nick Knight and Daniel Bevan (who I think returned from injury during the past couple of weeks)? Is it true Nick Knight is a chance for the league medal?

Also, has is Benny Hynes going out at Eaglehawk - very good fella and hard at it on-baller..

Knight has been in reasonable form but I would think that there are a lot better players running around who would figure more highly in the Medal. I hear that South played very well against Gisborne and a guy who has been down in recent weeks, Neville Clark, was on fire. Or maybe that was just his hair! All kidding aside, does everyone agree that South are 'the real deal'?

T. Perry, knight is playing some good footy at the moment and has kicked over 20 goals for the season. seen him play a few times and whenever he gets it, he uses it very well. has been a very good aquisition for the bloods, but as far as the medal goes, he would be at long odds still i think, maybe $24. if he can continue to turn in big games in the next few weeks, those odds will shorten considerably.
as for bevan, last time i saw him he was doing the running for south, but i believe he has started playing in the scoobs.
To randall bone, are the bloods the real deal.
The answer is of course they are. they beat gisborne who are the perceived best team in the comp with a string of key players out, so i do believe they are the real deal. goat out

The Talking Goat said:
T. Perry, knight is playing some good footy at the moment and has kicked over 20 goals for the season. seen him play a few times and whenever he gets it, he uses it very well. has been a very good aquisition for the bloods, but as far as the medal goes, he would be at long odds still i think, maybe $24. if he can continue to turn in big games in the next few weeks, those odds will shorten considerably.
as for bevan, last time i saw him he was doing the running for south, but i believe he has started playing in the scoobs.
To randall bone, are the bloods the real deal.
The answer is of course they are. they beat gisborne who are the perceived best team in the comp with a string of key players out, so i do believe they are the real deal. goat out

hardluck harry once said south gets to much space on this website, i tend to agree now. sure south had a great win againest gisborne but there are other things happening other than south. how about the ressurgence of sandhurst and eaglehawk. as for knight and the medal, silly talk, think there is a lot of toungue in cheek stuff. quite simply, won't win it much better players in the league playing better footy than knight. what about kyeton's come from behind win againest castlemaine

The Flying Dutchman said:
hardluck harry once said south gets to much space on this website, i tend to agree now. sure south had a great win againest gisborne but there are other things happening other than south. how about the ressurgence of sandhurst and eaglehawk. as for knight and the medal, silly talk, think there is a lot of toungue in cheek stuff. quite simply, won't win it much better players in the league playing better footy than knight. what about kyeton's come from behind win againest castlemaine
]
well paul van der harr, if you are sick of hearing about south, start another topic up of your own and create some discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back