Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whiplash was on tv last night. Haven't seen it since the first time at the cinema. Was brilliant and as fresh as the first time. Great film. Also saw Adaptation for the first time since I saw it a while ago. Wasn't as good due to knowing the outcome and change of direction in the film but a good reminder of how great the screenplay and direction of that film was and how good Cage can be.

The Invitation: slow-burning psychological thriller, original and well-acted. Based around an invitation to a dinner party but you wouldn’t want to know much more than that. Definitely recommend for fans of the genre 8/10

Jackie

Not your traditional biopic, almost more for non-fans of movies like The Imitation Game or The Theory of Everything. Give Portman all the Oscars.

Rogue One - 8/10

The Accountant - homicidal idiot savant accountant with Aspergers played by Ben Affleck. 7.5/10

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - 8/10

Gimme Danger - Jim Jarmusch doco on The Stooges. As a massive Stooges fan I would give it 8/10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw La La Land with the girl and i was actually surprised at how much i enjoyed it
I went because she wanted to see it and thought it was pretty good

Enemy - 7/10

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, great movie but you have to be on the ball and paying attention or you won't get what is going on, I had to go back to a couple of scenes to clarify things so it all made sense.

Hell or High Water - 8/10

I see quite a few people think it's overrated but I loved it right up my alley, Jeff Bridges is a dead set legend. Also loved the soundtrack.

Captain Phillips - 7/10

It came out a few years ago but if you haven't seen it check it out. Great movie about a Cargo ship captain who gets kidnapped after his Ship is captured by Somali pirates. Tom Hanks does a great job as the captain.

Rogue

A tidy little Aussie made creature feature about a killer crocodile. I didn't have high expectations but this movie pleasantly surprised me.

PROS:
  • Beautifully shot
  • Smartly keeps the croc off screen until the second half of the movie
  • Suspenseful directing - keeps the tension high
  • A pretty solid cast. Much love for Radha Mitchell :rainbow:
  • Unlike other similar movies it doesn't go over the top. The victims are minimal but make sense. The croc is big but not absurdly so.
CONS
  • A bit on the short side
  • If you're a fan of gore in these kind of movies Rogue is actually pretty tame
Overall: 7.5/10

Allied-

Really enjoyed this. Add a little Morroccan spice, a whirling sandstorm, a Nazi assassination, some boobs, a spy couple, London during The Blitz, some loose lips sinking ships, love, hate, war, betrayal and loyalty and you have a great movie.

I'm not a huge movie buff but thoroughly enjoyed it.

8/10

db3cf381592d1005dc10f0cbe78bc266.jpg

Middle School the Worst Year of My Life.

Looked after my nephew so thought I'd treat him to a movie, I'm glad I did. This movie is actually pretty good, it has jokes, a few adult jokes, drama even has a few pretty sad bits. I enjoyed it, the only bad part about it like most kids movies the ending is wrapped up rather quickly.
If you have kids 10 and up they should like it, my nephew is 6 but he still enjoyed it.

Cruyff14 loves signatures how bizarre, how bizarre

15b23e2161a411c47152cebd9fa16ce5.jpg

The Girl With All The Gifts

So I went into this movie having previously read the book so I knew what to expect. If you are into the old slash and kill Zombie movies this probably isn't for you. It is more of a dramatic portrayal of a Zombie Apocalypse. The movie itself is nowhere near as good as the book but it's certainly worth a look, the acting is pretty good with young Sennia Nanua playing Melanie perfectly.
7/10

Cruyff14 loves signatures how bizarre, how bizarre

Rogue

A tidy little Aussie made creature feature about a killer crocodile. I didn't have high expectations but this movie pleasantly surprised me.

PROS:
  • Beautifully shot
  • Smartly keeps the croc off screen until the second half of the movie
  • Suspenseful directing - keeps the tension high
  • A pretty solid cast. Much love for Radha Mitchell :rainbow:
  • Unlike other similar movies it doesn't go over the top. The victims are minimal but make sense. The croc is big but not absurdly so.
CONS
  • A bit on the short side
  • If you're a fan of gore in these kind of movies Rogue is actually pretty tame
Overall: 7.5/10

I thought the start was good but it was dumb once they went in the cave.

Black Mass - A generic gangster flick, Joel Edgerton's breakout performance, he was brilliant.

Johnny Depp wrecked this movie for me, his makeup took away from his great acting.
4/10

Allied-

Really enjoyed this. Add a little Morroccan spice, a whirling sandstorm, a Nazi assassination, some boobs, a spy couple, London during The Blitz, some loose lips sinking ships, love, hate, war, betrayal and loyalty and you have a great movie.

I'm not a huge movie buff but thoroughly enjoyed it.

8/10

No need to list anything after Boobs!

Black Mass - A generic gangster flick, Joel Edgerton's breakout performance, he was brilliant.

Johnny Depp wrecked this movie for me, his makeup took away from his great acting.
4/10

There is a great doco on Netflix called Whitey vs the USA. Gives a great insight into what this movie was based on, worth a watch. Agreed on Depps shit makeup, he just looked weird.

Had a flight over x-mas so watched 2

Now You See Me 2
- I didn't have high expectations and it wasn't great, it wasn't even good, had a few good set pieces but otherwise very average. 5/10

Million Dollar Baby
- This is still a great film but on review watching with some time since its release it has a lot of flaws, the "villain" is paper thin is almost cartoonish, as are most of the characters in the gym. Swank, Eastwood and Freeman are exceptional but the rest lacks a lot. 7.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back