Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aggro dr1ft

Liked the concept by Harmony Korine. Strippers, GTA/Miami Vice type vibes was interesting for the first half but meandered and went no where for the rest. Thought there would be a lot of gun blazing like a bit of John Woo, John Wick .. which was disappointing

A Bronx Tale

Good movie

Irreversible

Wow that's definitely one of the most intense movies. At least the reverse is the unwinding of the film and it's quite beautiful. Monica Belluci is definitely top 2 for me what a stunner

Trap (2024)
I was seriously enjoying this as a Sunday arvo silly movie, Josh Hartnett absolutely steals the show, very good performance.

But holy nepotism Batman, the only "twist" in this movie is M. Night Shyamalan ruining a perfectly OK film by casting his hack daughter.
I didn't know who she was and Googled her during the movie because I couldn't believe how much she sucked, then it all made sense.

Been on a sweet recent horror/thriller run, all solid 7.5 - 8/10s

Blink Twice: Had lowish expectations as it looked like a familiar set up, but was pleasantly surprised. Super entertaining and a stacked cast. You sense where it's going but there is also some unexpected story beats and moments of inventiveness. Giving off some Get Out/Jordan Peele energy. Solid debut for Kravitz.

The First Omen: It's wild that this came out the same year as Immaculate and has basically an identical premise. The difference is this is actually a good movie. High attention to detail with the historical setting and the 1970s style of cinematography, and great performances across the board.

Late Night with the Devil: Love the set up of this so much. Dastmalchian kills it in a lead role. The execution doesn't always fully land, but I was highly entertained the whole time.

When Evil Lurks: Really impressed by this Argentinian horror movie. The way they drop you into such a unique world is disorientating in the best possible way. The first 45 minutes are barnstorming and high-drama horror filmmaking. The tempo plateaus a little in the second half, but highly recommend checking this out.

The Three Musketeers - Part I: D'Artagnan (2023). French with subtitles.

I found the plot slightly confusing at times but it's a fun swashbuckling romp. The action sequences were well put together. Some of the settings are spectacular. Vincent Cassel and Eva Green are probably the only actors you might have heard of.

6/10.

The Accountant - Netflix

Ben Affleck , Anna Kendrick , JK Simmons star in this standard cliche of accountant turned John Wick without the massive body count

There are flashbacks and scenes of autism and flashing lights

But I liked it . At over 2 hours it was ok to pause and get a drink etc and get back to it

Unfortunately the twist was easily spotted - actually 2 twists but it didnt spoil the movie but enhanced it

Challengers... seemingly pitched at times an erotic Zendaya vehicle and sporting movie, it has elements of both but is neither. It's a character drama with tennis as the launching point. Bouncing around a 13-year timeline, it follows the strange love triangle of three tennis juniors who go on to varying levels of success. The characters are all spiky, there's no good or bad guys, it's always interesting, some of the dialogue is laugh-out-loud funny, the tennis scenes are well shot and the soundtrack terrific. An odd end that I'm still thinking about. 7.5/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back