Opinion What's your personal choice for our best win this year so far?

Best win this year so far?

• Melbourne

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Essendon edge

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • West Coast

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • GWS

• Fremantle

• Carlton

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Umpdogs

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Geelong

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Adelaide

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

bloodsbigot

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I know it's only halfway through the season but I can't get enough of the swans right now, so was just contemplating which match to stream on the TV in the background as I do chores.

Usually I'd just go with our most recent match as our best win due to recency bias, but I think I enjoyed beating Collingwood or Essendon most this season. Gun to my head I'd say the Essendon game stands out for me because they tried their tough guy act with us and we stood up unlike past seasons when we usually buckled under physical pressure. Seemed like the moment we announced ourselves.

I'm curious what everyone else's choice is and why. I think it's a tough choice given something special happened in each game.

I commented this last week but it is the Carlton win and then daylight for me.

I think they're the next-best team (reflected by their ladder position, their record vs top 8 sides, etc.) so any win over them was already going to be impressive.

The manner in which we did it - starting slow, coming from behind, then dominating - just sealed the deal IMO.

We dominated in the midfield, reduced their highly-fabled one to the reactive shite we were used to in recent years, and had them sending their 2x Coleman Medallist to defence to try and stop the bleeding.

Highlights everywhere, a packed SCG, the Marn Grook jumpers looking sick. Just one of those rare perfect nights of Swans footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton. That third quarter was something else.

I know they weren’t at full strength, but they still had McKay and Curnow in their forward line. Cerra was probably the only one of real significance missing from their midfield. Cottrell across half-forward had also been an important player for them early in the season, so he was missed.

But the way our guys came out after half-time and obliterated a team that prides itself on midfield contested ball and clearance was a joy to watch.

Back