Game Day When are you heading to Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

This day is dragging so badly. 6:50 tomorrow morning, and my VLine bus will finally be heading in the direction of Tiger country.

i hear ya, lucky i go home soon and then on the road in about 12 hours time

Another three hours of work, and I am hitting that road!

Anyone else doing half the drive tonight in the aim of making the parade tomorrow? When I phoned up to book at the Nhill Caravan Park for tonight, it was "yep, another Crows supporter..."

Figured that there must be a few with the same plan.

yep same, except we're staying at some pub in Dimboola!

More to this.

If you can hold out don't fill in Horsham or Stawell. There is a small town just out of Stawell Melbourne side called Great Western. It has an independent running the fuel there and is up to 15-20 cents cheaper than Stawell and Horsham. The last I saw it was 1.16 in Great Western. Horsham is 1.35 in some stations and Stawell you are looking at 1.26/7.

It's a tiny station (on the wrong side of the road too) but it's on the right just after the pub. Can't miss it.

The same guy owns ones in Ballarat but you have to get off the main drag and into town a bit if you want to get that stuff.
Thanks for the tip on Great Western for petrol. Just filled up for 121.9, much cheaper than Ararat and Horsham which was 129.9, also a local business which is always good.

I'm guessing/assuming a camera won't be a problem?

As long as it's not a professional-grade one, it should be okay.

"
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following items are not permitted into the MCG:
  • Alcohol
  • Opened plastic soft drink containers
  • Cans/glass
  • Torn-up paper
  • Musical instruments
  • Whistles
  • Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres
  • Fireworks/flares/laser lights
  • Chairs/stools
  • Drones
  • Rollerblades, skateboards or scooters
  • Animals (guide and hearing animals excepted)
  • Audio recording equipment/video cameras* and radio scanners
  • Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat
  • Any device or object that in the opinion of management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance.
  • The carriage and operation of drones (or any such aircraft) is prohibited
*Audio visual equipment may be permitted for those parents whose children participate in the Auskick/Little League competition."

http://www.mcg.org.au/the-stadium/visitor-information/conditions-of-entry

"not to bring into the Venue any photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or lenses with a totalfocal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment; "

http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/conditions-of-entry

"
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following items are not permitted into the MCG:
  • Alcohol
  • Cans/glass
  • Torn-up paper
  • Musical instruments
  • Whistles
  • Chairs/stools
  • Drones
  • Any device or object that in the opinion of management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance.
*Audio visual equipment may be permitted for those parents whose children participate in the Auskick/Little League competition."

"not to bring into the Venue any photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or lenses with a totalfocal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment; "

banning video camera's is a bit useless now considering most people will have a video camera in their phone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another three hours of work, and I am hitting that road!

Anyone else doing half the drive tonight in the aim of making the parade tomorrow? When I phoned up to book at the Nhill Caravan Park for tonight, it was "yep, another Crows supporter..."

Figured that there must be a few with the same plan.
Thats our plan! See you on the road

banning video camera's is a bit useless now considering most people will have a video camera in their phone

As long as it doesn't look professional you'll be fine pretty much.

For some reason, though, alot of places get touchy about iPad's being used for photos, but I think that's from a blocking the view of others than anything else.

Thanks for the tip on Great Western for petrol. Just filled up for 121.9, much cheaper than Ararat and Horsham which was 129.9, also a local business which is always good.
All good.

I actually get the Mrs who works in Ararat take my car and fill it there too cause it’s so much cheaper haha.

Western Highway full of Crows. Great to see. Who wants to own up to having the black territory with a big Sloane head on the back?

For those not in a big hurry to hit Melbourne there's a big Festival Of Footy event on at Mars Stadium in Ballarat Friday between 10 AM and 4 PM, and guess who one of the special guests is....Bryce Gibbs, here's your chance to get the word from the man himself. Plenty on to entertain the kids too.

https://www.powerfmballarat.com.au/news/local-news/69776-footy-festival-at-mars-stadium

7EiYVU.png

"
  • Alcohol
  • Cans/glass
  • Torn-up paper
  • Musical instruments
  • Whistles
  • Chairs/stools
  • Drones

Cheers for that.

20-30 years ago my camera was "professional looking" but nowadays very numptie's got one :p so I'm sure it's all good.

For those not in a big hurry to hit Melbourne there's a big Festival Of Footy event on at Mars Stadium in Ballarat Friday between 10 AM and 4 PM, and guess who one of the special guests is....Bryce Gibbs, here's your chance to get the word from the man himself. Plenty on to entertain the kids too.

https://www.powerfmballarat.com.au/news/local-news/69776-footy-festival-at-mars-stadium

7EiYVU.png

For those wanting to go to this, it is very close to the Ballarat by-pass that you'd be on. Just take the Creswick exit (sign will also say to hospital) then turn right, follow that to the roundabout, slight right into roundabout then straight ahead towards Ballarat...

...Mars Stadium is on the right at about 1klm, maybe not even that ... lookout for the Nth Ballarat sports club/pokie sign, you are there.

Last edited:
Working tomorrow till 4pm, then I'll pack and get some sleep before waking up around midnight to start driving over. Hoping the hotel honours our request for early check in.
Will probably get a big bowl of Phó in Hopkins Street for breakfast, then find my way to the ground.

More than 500 Adelaide Football Club fans who are on their way to the AFL Grand Final have begun arriving in #Ballarat.

To celebrate their arrival the Lions Club of Ballarat and local SES will host a breakfast at the Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility from 6am tomorrow morning.

All funds raised from the $10 breakfast will be donated to the SES.

The City of Ballarat will also open the showers at the facility for fans to freshen up for their journey ahead to Melbourne. IMG_0591.JPG

Just arrived. Got a speeding ticket from a flog copper somewhere in Bumville SA. Reckons I was doing 72 in a 60 zone and when I asked him where the sign was indicating it was a 60 zone he replied 'it's always been 60 here'. He didn't appreciate me pointing out that I don't live here and didn't know that seeing as though there's no sigh indicating the speed and the last 'town' I drove past was 80 km/h. Saw a heap of SA cops trying to punt people but after going over the border I saw none. This government is so close to bankruptcy and so devoid of ideas on how to make money it just gets as many speed guns out as it can find. Pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day When are you heading to Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back