When Myers has the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

His ability to read the play and sense danger around him is increasing.

Loved his pinpoint passes on the right foot yesterday. They weren't at all graceful but they would knock a Coke Zero off a goal post.

It was one of his better game for sure.

I think the coaching staff might have got in to his ears, considering so many missing.

Hardingham Carlisle Hibberd
Pears Hooker Dempsey

That'll be my back line next year, if Fletch hangs up the boots. (Which is unlikely).

Myers could be the back up we hold on to. Unless the Eagles or Dockers knock on our door at trade time.
Looking at the best teams- they don't have a back 6. They have a back 7. Geelong have Taylor, Lonergan, Mackie, Hunt, Scarlett, Enright and Wojo. Collingwood have Harry O, Reid, Tarrant, Maxwell, Shaw, Toovey and Davis. Hawthorn (when they don't have so many injuries) have Gibson, Stratton, Gilham, Guerra, Birchall, Suckling and Ladson. These guys are the benchmark of the competition. I think a defense of Carlisle, Pears, Hooker, Hibberd, Hardingham, Dempsey and Myers would work

kicking both sides is all about confidence anyway..... most of us can kick both sides to some degree but i know myself if i get the ball under pressure and i dont see an immediate option or an easy option on my non prefferred i will immediatley duck round and go to my right side. I just dont have the confidence in my left side to hit somebody under pressure - its not that i dont have a left side par se.

I guess Myers may have had a bit of this going on, always ducking back to his good side because he is always under pressure to keep his spot - appease the haters - can't make a mistake - but it seemed once he hit one or two on the weekend on his right he gained some confidence and was more inclined to do it again and again...

I reckon he will make it, ive always been a hopeful fan, even tho he has a turning circle like john longmire i just think he is a hulk of a man and is not far away from monstering games in some way....

Maybe it's a sign that he has gotten his head right? I have seen him use his right a few times, but not in situations where he's being chased. He was using it in all situations that required him to on the weekend though.
His turning circle and awareness seem to let him down, it's almost like his kick has a channelling time also. I think his lack of pace is a myth based on his running style as opposed to his actual speed.

More than happy with his progress this year.

Improved enough in the areas which were a concern for me at the beginning and I think he's one that will benefit from another serious pre-season.

Injury free.. people will sit up and take notice of him next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow. Terrible, bordering on pathetic, on his right side. Reminds me of Zoolander in regards to 'turning left' as it were. A complete turkey. I too shit myself when this fool has the pill.

His run off halfback will feature in the highlights reel this week. He's had to perform some big roles against both talls and smalls. His right is dodgy, his left is sublime, yet his endeavour can't be questioned.

Myers is now showing some reasons why he was taken over Cyril "Twang" Rioli. Obviously not there yet, but he played really well tonight, used the ball well and at times took the game on to great effect.

Edit: Oh, and seems like he's running faster as well.

Its funny I knew when I was doing my votes for the match that I forgot someone that deserved a mention. Was really impressed by Myers efforts out there today. He looked like he had found a yard of pace, and I loved seeing his big frame busting through a few attempted tackles. He's become a pretty big unit these days and I reckon he might just end up a fair player for the bombers. One whose taken a bit longer than others to develop, no doubt but I think we've seen the glimpses of the player he could become this year. A bit like last year we saw Jetta show some great games but then dissapear again. I've just got a feeling that he will have a best 22 spot locked down from next year onwards, whether as a 3rd or 4th tall defender or as a midfielder. Also after Fletcher and Hurley he may be our 3rd best option for kickin's.

Remove this Banner Ad

When Myers has the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back