Where do you see us finishing this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy_Mac

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2007
Supporter's House
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
We don't look like we're going to make the 8 let alone get close to it. With the many injuries we have and with so many players out of form and the gameplan which is utter crap. I have us finishing bottom 5. What about you?

We don't look like we're going to make the 8 let alone get close to it. With the many injuries we have and with so many players out of form and the gameplan which is utter crap. I have us finishing bottom 5. What about you?

Based on what I saw last night we may finish the season in the VFL!

Unless Harro,Grima and Ross can have an immediate impact will will finish bottom 4.A fit and in form Wells would be nice too.
Can everyone lay off the Laidley bashing...its getting boring.

Im not relying on a few youngsters in the VFL with 'promise' being our saviours and leading us into the 8.

10th id say, which isnt crap enough to get a low pick, but bad enough to keep supporters away.

depressing, but thats how we are looking.

14th or 15th but would like to see Grima , Ross , Anthony and Harris playing especially now that Boomer, and Hansen are injured and Wells is a few weeks away. But we wont get any better unless we can replace blokes like Lynsey (l've not heart) Thomas. l've said it for ages that this bloke is not worth the effort and it seems like others are finally starting to realize that.
Hale is NOT our answer at full forward so persist with Josh Smith .
Drew should be playing on the backline as this is where he plays his best footy. When Petrie plays in the forward line he struggles which happened years ago. When did Drew start to play his best footy? When he went to the back line, so put him back there now that Hansen will be out few a couple of weeks.
We need a dominant forward someone who will require respect from opposition clubs. No one at the club can do this at tme moment.....so recruit one. Did they get rid of Thommo 1 year to yearly? l think so.

Another thing......Stop bagging Laidley!! We're suppose to have assistant coaches for all groups but it seems they are hardly ever mentioned. Anthony Rock was suppose to be the answer to our midfield problems as coach ,but we seem to be slower than last year and struggle to get clearances out of the middle with ease.
We need a forwards coach who knows something about playing a role at FF or CHF and can tell other forwards where they are suppose to be playing. NOT having a Lynsey Thomas Flying for marks in the goal square against Hale and Petrie.
Ok l've said enough and no doubt others will also but if we are going to finish down the ladder ..........JUSTIFY IT!

Im not relying on a few youngsters in the VFL with 'promise' being our saviours and leading us into the 8.

10th id say, which isnt crap enough to get a low pick, but bad enough to keep supporters away.

depressing, but thats how we are looking.

Further to that, if we continue on the current trajectory, we will steal enough wins to finish 12th.

If we take a radical approach and "play the kids" we're more likely to finish 15th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14th or 15th but would like to see Grima , Ross , Anthony and Harris playing especially now that Boomer, and Hansen are injured and Wells is a few weeks away. But we wont get any better unless we can replace blokes like Lynsey (l've not heart) Thomas. l've said it for ages that this bloke is not worth the effort and it seems like others are finally starting to realize that.
Hale is NOT our answer at full forward so persist with Josh Smith .
Drew should be playing on the backline as this is where he plays his best footy. When Petrie plays in the forward line he struggles which happened years ago. When did Drew start to play his best footy? When he went to the back line, so put him back there now that Hansen will be out few a couple of weeks.
We need a dominant forward someone who will require respect from opposition clubs. No one at the club can do this at tme moment.....so recruit one. Did they get rid of Thommo 1 year to yearly? l think so.

Another thing......Stop bagging Laidley!! We're suppose to have assistant coaches for all groups but it seems they are hardly ever mentioned. Anthony Rock was suppose to be the answer to our midfield problems as coach ,but we seem to be slower than last year and struggle to get clearances out of the middle with ease.
We need a forwards coach who knows something about playing a role at FF or CHF and can tell other forwards where they are suppose to be playing. NOT having a Lynsey Thomas Flying for marks in the goal square against Hale and Petrie.
Ok l've said enough and no doubt others will also but if we are going to finish down the ladder ..........JUSTIFY IT!

Most of what you say i agree with but i will not stop bagging Laidley it is his game plan and the assistants have to follow that path.

I think we should recognise now that we will finish well down the ladder and act accordingly. That means forgetting about trying to sneak wins by shutting down the opposition: instead we should look to developing an attacking game plan. Seven years with a game plan based mainly around trying to shut down the opposition has turned us into the most boring team in the AFL. Let's spend the rest of the year rediscovering a bit of initiative and developing an offensive game plan. Also let's pick players who will attack, rather than just picking players to be negative and defensive. For two years I have heard how good Ben Ross will be; yet Power and Lower keep being picked ahead of him because of their supposed ability to negate opponents.

At the moment i would say 10th to 15th.I can not see how we can improve to get a crack at the 8.We will need to play the kids and give them game time to adjust to the tempo.We need a forward structure and for our crumbers to stay at there feet.Its time now no more chances if they dont perform they are out.No if or butts about it.

14th has been our lowest ladder finish in club history. That includes all VFA and V/AFL seasons.

Not surprisingly that was in 2006, under Laidley:rolleyes:

I just hope he doesn't better it this season. Anywhere above 14th would do me.

Anywhere between 5th to 16th. Can't see us cracking the top four. St. Kilda, Geelong and Hawks (Full strength) are miles ahead of the rest. Anywhere from there down is anyone's guess? If we are going to finish out of the 8 i want us to be dead last so that we can make the most of the last good draft. With the introduction of GC and west sydney it's hardly a good time to be re-building.

If we adapt a "play the kids" strategy and we finish last i wouldn't care too much because we'd be getting valuable game time into our future, but if we finish in the bottom four with power, simmo, brady, all still playing we will have wasted a bit oppurtunity to get some senior gametime into our upcoming senior players.

If we are going to finish out of the 8 i want us to be dead last so that we can make the most of the last good draft. With the introduction of GC and west sydney it's hardly a good time to be re-building.

Ahem... that would have been last year. This year's draft will be dominated by GC even though they are still another year from coming into the competition.

If we adapt a "play the kids" strategy and we finish last i wouldn't care too much because we'd be getting valuable game time into our future, but if we finish in the bottom four with power, simmo, brady, all still playing we will have wasted a bit oppurtunity to get some senior gametime into our upcoming senior players.

Simmo would be leading our B&F and has earnt the right to play the season out at least. He will reach his 300th game in June and may tie with Arch for the club games record in round 22.

Ahem... that would have been last year. This year's draft will be dominated by GC even though they are still another year from coming into the competition.

pretty sure thats next year. this year they can only sign 12 seventeen year olds. the team who finishes last this year will get pick 1(unless melbourne win 4 or less games, in that case its their priority pick).

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you see us finishing this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back