Where does Marcus Bontempelli sit in the players of this era

Remove this Banner Ad

I canā€™t remember who said it on here but they reckon Bont is the best ever contested mark theyā€™ve seen for a mid besides maybe Fyfe.

Well maybe you need to take another look because since the stat was recorded Dusty has the BEST EVER OFFENSIVE 1v1 win rate @ 49%. Head and shoulders above the rest of the whole comp, not just the midfielders.

Bont is @ 39% which is still very strong.

I canā€™t remember who said it on here but they reckon Bont is the best ever contested mark theyā€™ve seen for a mid besides maybe Fyfe.

Well maybe you need to take another look because since the stat was recorded Dusty has the BEST EVER OFFENSIVE 1v1 win rate @ 49%. Head and shoulders above the rest of the whole comp, not just the midfielders.

Show us the raw numbers.

And 'offensive win rate' - does that mean marking or winning a contest?

Bro thatā€™s awesome.

Now show us Dustyā€™s defensive efforts.

Not talking about 1v1 , talking about contested marking. Dusty isnā€™t great in the air at all in a pack. He would rove a pack marking contest.

Name any mids that are better than Bont in a pack for contested marking. Fyfe could be one, Koutafides. Dusty isnā€™t one.

Not talking about 1v1 , talking about contested marking. Dusty isnā€™t great in the air at all in a pack. He would rove a pack marking contest.

Name any mids that are better than Bont in a pack for contested marking. Fyfe could be one, Koutafides. Dusty isnā€™t one.

1v1 is contested marking lol

And why does it matter how he wins it? Iā€™m surprised flashiness is important to a Mr Vanilla fan.

I also donā€™t see Bont crashing packs all day either, Iā€™m mean heā€™s mostly in the midfield.

Jimmy bartel would be as good as bont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m starting to think the MVP is worse than the Brownlow and AAs. Heā€™s getting these based on rep from previous years.

Daicos, Heeney, Cripps have been better and more influential this year.

I donā€™t think anybody on BF would take Bont over these 3 apart from Dogs supporters.

Iā€™m starting to think the MVP is worse than the Brownlow and AAs. Heā€™s getting these based on rep from previous years.

Daicos, Heeney, Cripps have been better and more influential this year.

I donā€™t think anybody on BF would take Bont over these 3 apart from Dogs supporters.

I mean what would all the players know?

You're genuinely getting annoyed that the players who actually play the game think someone had a more valuable year than you do. Just think about that for a moment.

As a tough match up, he's with Jezza. Imagine playing on either of those 2 blokes? They'd run you into the ground, then jump on top of you in the marking contest, and take you deep into alien territory where you'll feel unwelcome.

And then they'd do all again. And again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where does Marcus Bontempelli sit in the players of this era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back