Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Should Dutchy stand tall in the goal square or forward pocket try and mark or bring the ball to ground for the small crummers.he is under contract so we might as well use where he can do his best until the next generation can step up.

Hawk Dork said:
Should Dutchy stand tall in the goal square or forward pocket try and mark or bring the ball to ground for the small crummers.he is under contract so we might as well use where he can do his best until the next generation can step up.

I think Box Hill are pretty light on of experience this year. Sounds like the perfect spot for him!

IMO, Dutchy is over the hill. What you are suggesting, Hawk Dork, is not the way to go in the redevlopment of a team. It would be far better having a talented young tall with potential out on the paddock obtaining match-time and gaining experience - even throwing him in at the deep-end, than having the club embarrassed by continuing with a worn out old hack.

Granted, we are paying Holland a lot of loot to play out his contract. The club needs to cut its loss in having made the stupid mistake in setting up such a situation, done by past football department personnel no longer at the club. The latter are people who can take their share of the blame for the club lacking depth these days.

If there is any value to be gotten out of Nick it would be to let him play his contract out at Box Hill, as suggested by Hawka Deano.

I'd rather Box Hill reserves.

I want Franklin, Roughhead, Boyle, Murphy, Scott etc getting first crack at the key position spots at Box Hill.

Holland can bugger off.

Ive gota soft spot for dutchy. I kinda feel sorry for him, its not his fault Hawthorn offered the contract he has, it was their mistake, hell id take it too. So would you, dont deny it...

I think if we stick him FF for a few games, somewhere he doesnt have to run alot, he might do ok. Give himm a few opportunites and see what he can do, knowing hes playing for his career.
I honestly thought he presented well on saturday, took a couple of grabs, but was clearly too slow to play that position. He was on the bench alot, he wasnt as bad as people made out...

You guys made the same mistake with Holland we made with Gaspar. Both have become shadows of the players they once were. Unfortunately I think both will get their fair share of games with their respective clubs because we are both undermanned. Dutchy will play forward, Gas will play back, just the same as always and will continue to frustrate all of us.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Ive gota soft spot for dutchy. I kinda feel sorry for him, its not his fault Hawthorn offered the contract he has, it was their mistake, hell id take it too. So would you, dont deny it...

I think if we stick him FF for a few games, somewhere he doesnt have to run alot, he might do ok. Give himm a few opportunites and see what he can do, knowing hes playing for his career.
I honestly thought he presented well on saturday, took a couple of grabs, but was clearly too slow to play that position. He was on the bench alot, he wasnt as bad as people made out...
That's true. He was apparently very good in the practice match last week also.

With the new 10 metre circle at centre bounces he may be of some value there. Releasing Spider to play up the ground when resting,ruckman really don't get a chance to leap in there and all your asking for is a contest. Aerobically he's always been good and if he can be used for a while during games to allow other talls to play up forward he may be of some value. I think we've been a tad hard on Dutch,players don't ask for injuries and he was offered his contract at the end of 2001 when he'd already had 2 shoulder injuries,so the club has to be held accountable as well. My guess is his best is well past but i've thought that before and he's come out and taken 18 marks,see Pies '03. We don't waht to sacrifice Roughy and Buddy as 17 yr olds so we have to persevere with Dutch in the interim.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Ive gota soft spot for dutchy.
So did Schwab and his cohorts.

There is a place for Holland at this stage and the guy will play, he will still take there 2nd or 3rd best tall so it gives us more options with others and thats a positive.

Any game Dutchy can give some sort of return in is gonna be fantastic but at seasons end he will be gone.

Buddy is the future :D

cheers

tige19 said:
There is a place for Holland at this stage ......

..... some sort of return .....

cheers
Not good enough in redeveloping our team. As I have said in a previous post above, IMO, better to allow game time and experience in developing a younger inexperienced player with potential.

You can bookmark me on this - my crystal ball ... Holland is over the hill, he will be played in the early rounds, he will produce very little, Clarkson and co-selectors will finally wake-up, cut our monetary losses and play him out at Box Hill where he will be of some value contributing alongside emerging talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id make him sit on the bench for boxhill reserves all year....would not play him at all...he is not , and never has been worthy of a brown and gold jumper....
actually i hope he does a knee or some season ending injury so we can promote a rookie....

In my backyard playing kick to kick with my 4 YO son.

Need not waste time trying to slot him in as he is gone after this year.
Give a kid a go and develope him up forward.

Nightwolf_69 said:

id have to agree that hes a FF now days, he's gone past being a CHF because he has no pace left. i fell that heis over come his shoulder recos and gain confidence back in the shoulders to take a mark. with the young crumers we have as long as AC plays a good game plan, Holland will still be a first team player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where should we play Dutchy ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back