Where the Hawks rank among your favourite sporting teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Hawks (only Hawthorn losing really bothers me)
2. Tottenham Hotspurs
3. Melbourne Storm
4. Chicago Bulls (because of MJ) obvious interest in Philly and Ben.
5. Aussie Cricket team (lost interest after the ball tampering incident)
6. Chicago Cubs (2016 was a sporting highlight)
7. Both Melbourne soccer teams
8. Melbourne United
9. Ferrari F1
10. Kookaburras and Hockeyroos
11. Washington Redskins
Yes I am sports mad

I follow the NY Giants (McAdoo made me realise I may just be an Eli and Tuck fan haha) and a few basketball teams, used to follow a ton of different sports and I have a family connection to Everton in the Premier League (bores me to tears though), but Hawks will always be number one. Geographical distance doesn't matter so much to me.

1. Hawthorn - member since 1976 and have been privileged to have attended 10 premierships. Missed 2008 when we were living overseas. Watched it on the telly but not the same as being there.

2. Surrey Park Panthers - where my 13yo plays.

3. Box Hill Hawks - I can walk to City Oval in 10 mins. Love the VFL.

4. Tottenham Hostpur in EPL.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1. Hawks - Even though the Hawks haven't had much success in my lifetime they are still my favourite sporting team. It's good though because there is alot to look forward to, hopefully in a few years we will be good enough to win a premiership.

Reading this post from 2007 you realise just how amazing the last 11 years have been.

1) Hawthorn..easily

2) Burton Albion - League 1 England. it's going to be a long year...
3) Manchester United

1- Hawks by a mile
2- Buffalo Bills
3- Boston Celtics
4- Boston Red Sox
5- Derby County / St Albans City

I love cricket equally as much as footy I’ve just never really followed a country/team . Just love the sport

Long time lurker on the board but my debut post. Have steered clear so far as I feel my few games in the back pocket for the Castlefield U12s probably leave me a bit underqualified to comment!
Haven’t read the whole thread but suspect I may be the first not to have HFC No. 1. I hope you’ll forgive me.
1-England football (soccer) team. Haven’t won anything in my lifetime (1973-) but if they did...
2-MUFC. For as long as I can remember.
3-Hawthorn. Dad’s job took me from UK to Melbourne in ‘83 so who else would I pick? Back to UK in ‘86 and lost track for a few years but love reignited on trip back in ‘05. Now, with international memberships and “Watch AFL” I never miss a game. Only one mate here at home who follows AFL. He went to uni in Perth in late 80s and until last year followed WC. Last September he was in Melbourne on holiday, fell in with some Richmond supporters, blagged a ticket to their prelim and is now a dyed in the wool Tiger! (He did at least go to Waverley on my behalf and come back with a t-shirt and Hodgey stubby holder)
4-England cricket. 2005 Ashes win tops both the MUFC 92-93 league championship and Hawks 2008 premiership for me but the losses upset me less.
5-England rugby. Now live in Wales so an annual “must win”.
6-Swansea City FC. Local club and the club my daughter loves. Sadly relegated last season (but at least now no fixture with MUFC to fall out over).
Last=Essendon FC, Liverpool FC.

Such a hard choice ..it goes to hawthorn thanks to my first rugby league team being kicked out of the competition
How I love my boys in royal blue. The famous Valley diehards.. Wipes a tear from my face...
While I do support the roosters these days hawthorn snuck in..

If
Valleys were still here I would pick them..my first love, I guess..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a hard choice ..it goes to hawthorn thanks to my first rugby league team being kicked out of the competition
How I love my boys in royal blue. The famous Valley diehards.. Wipes a tear from my face...
While I do support the roosters these days hawthorn snuck in..

If
Valleys were still here I would pick them..my first love, I guess..

I have a Valley Diehards jersey - great emblem! It was a huge mistake of the second Brisbane franchise bid to call themselves the Brisbane Bombers - I was hoping they’d go with Diehards.

1. Hawks by miles for me. Can't remember exactly why I picked the Hawks when I was little, as the rest of family were Bulldogs supporters. We grew up in Swansea (Tas) and the local team was the Swansea Bulldogs...

2. Swansea Bulldogs/Swans - Dad played for the Bulldogs when I was growing up, and after a number of years playing in Hobart footy teams, I went back and played my last two seasons with the Swansea Swans. Name changed due to a change of competition, and the new comp already had a Bulldogs team. Dad won a flag at Swansea in 1966, and I was lucky enough to win one in 1999!!

3. Dallas Cowboys - The NFL has always fascinated me. I love the tactical side. Watching live is far better than on TV too. Went to Cowboys Stadium in 2013, and it was an awesome experience.

4. Chicago Blackhawks - Never really followed Ice Hockey that much but when visited the states in 2013 we went to a Blackhawks v Tampa Bay Lightning game. This was the best sport to watch live outside of AFL. Hooked ever since!

Not sure I have a 5th. Perhaps Man United, but soccer doesn't really excite me. I've never been a big Cricket fan either.

Hawks
Socceroos

As Ive gotten older, all my other sporting interests have pretty much dwindled to nothing, while my Hawthorn fandom either ruins or makes my whole life complete (apart from family)

1. Chicago Blackhawks. Hockey's my #1 sport.

2. Hawks. Married into a Hawks household. Lol, my wife's one rule growing up was barrack for Hawks or get disowned.

3. Oakland Raiders

4. Utah Jazz. Stoked by their Aussie ties.

5. Atlanta Braves

Hawks and cricket team used to be always pretty even i guess depending on summer or winter but with all the cheating, corruption and crap ive lost a lot of love for cricket.

1. Hawks
2. Liverpool FC
3. Aussie Cricket team
4. Socceroos
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. 76ers or whatever NBA team i decide to watch cos of the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where the Hawks rank among your favourite sporting teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back