Analysis Where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many here thought we were a genuine chance after the port game?

Some things can definitely go right. We went the same way in the finals last year so it's not impossible - but yeah, I thought we were a chance.

The pressure within the club must be building. They know there are a lot of angry supporters out there. They have printed this full page ad in the addy today. I’ve never seen them do anything like this.
View attachment 1236147

That is one of the worst lapses of corporate judgement in communication that I've seen ... and it's a whackingly strong field.

We were one kick off top spot by the end of the H&A. The Bulldogs literally lost their last three H&A games and threw away their top 4 spot, now they're playing off in a GF after winning three finals in a row. Even hearing their players speak post-game they just sound ruthless.

That is one of the worst lapses of corporate judgement in communication that I've seen ... and it's a whackingly strong field.
It's not saying anything new. But I hate how this has become the club's new mantra: "we'll do everything we can to look members in the eye"... It's like saying: to be honest it's difficult to look you members in the eye right now and say that we have a plan to win the flag, because we don't have one, and our whole approach at the moment isn't about on field success but giving the appearance that we keep "giving ourselves a chance". Am I too cynical?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's refreshing to hear a player bluntly admit that they were embarrassed, rather than talking about how they always give it their all etc.

He's owned it, and would be good to see a few others do the same.

Interesting than an 'outsider' has led the way with this.

Yeah, of all the imports it's been Smith who has been sooo impressive. Genuine run, and competitiveness, and honesty.
I feel really sorry for him actually - much more so than Cameron, who I'm willing to bet has a fair bit more consolatory ca$h

Yeah, of all the imports it's been Smith who has been sooo impressive. Genuine run, and competitiveness, and honesty.
I feel really sorry for him actually - much more so than Cameron, who I'm willing to bet has a fair bit more consolatory ca$h

Coming from him just might resonate with the rest of the players. Maybe.

It should.

I almost feel like I'm just regurgitating the hyperbole that other supporters say about our team but I am actually sick to death of our list management. I really, really hope they stop topping up and cut loose the washed up grandpa's on the team and allow our youth to develop.

It doesn't surprise me that a lot of members will be dropping off for next year, winning H&A games every year is fun while it's happening but losing final after final makes it an excercise in futility. The club has good enough development and recruitment staff that they don't need to keep signing players like Higgins and Rohan.

If we sign a single player from another club over the age of 28 this offseason, I'll go full Mario from Doncaster.

Genuine is a riddle word with football, your always a chance, 20 to one winners get up every day.

Port may have used all their energy on us , even though they had the break, hard to play too many games
in a row with such a taxing effort, you need that in granny.

We will come out next year and hopefully clean injury slate throughout, thats the trick, keeping on park in good nick.

Parfit hurt us, and all the guys that missed big chunks came back to haunt, we are not any better than other top sides.

At least we are disappointed at not playing off, you need to be in prelim to lose or win.

Not sure if doing what roos, saints, blues, pies, etc are doing would make us that happy.

It is refreshing to read the response from Port - ''we did not deliver and we know we wont be believed until we make and win a GF". That was their CEO. Ours never talks, its only the coach, and he is a long way from talking like that. I think there is a delusion in the football leadership about where they are at. Joels letter only reinforces that for me.

It is refreshing to read the response from Port - ''we did not deliver and we know we wont be believed until we make and win a GF". That was their CEO. Ours never talks, its only the coach, and he is a long way from talking like that. I think there is a delusion in the football leadership about where they are at. Joels letter only reinforces that for me.
Oh our CEO use to talk …he would attack the supporters by calling them entitled about their concerns about the finals record and that was 2 years ago…what I wouldn’t give for the club to actually respect the supporters and be honest for once

hopefully Hocking doesn’t follow suit and actually treats the fan base like they aren’t just a money pit for the club

Maybe we have been overachieving all these years with the list we have and have been lucky to play finals on the back of some individual perfromances

Maybe catman, supporters are there to support good or bad, the rest is done by coaching staff behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back