• 13-14

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • 15-16

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 17-18

Votes: 13 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not mine, I actually think we played to nearly 95% of our capacity which is very good for the first game. We were first rate at going over the back into our forward line and scoring, McGovern is going to be our new "Hunter" and Selwood is back playing the only position he can --> Tagging. I was very happy with how close we got compared to the Bulldogs our midfield is weak and they never had Libba as well.

Not mine either, to be honest.

Selwood did a shit job on Bontempelli for 3 quarters. If he's tagging, i'd like him to do it properly like he did in 2011 and really shut somebody down. I don't mind him linking up in the play, but would prefer if he'd just stuck on Bont and stopped being so loose. We wouldn't miss his shit disposal, that's for sure, so i don't care how many disposals he ends up with.

To be honest, before the season I thought we were a chance to sneak into the top eight, especially playing four of our last five games at home. After watching us play the Bulldogs, I think we will finish bottom six.

Not mine either, to be honest.

Selwood did a shit job on Bontempelli for 3 quarters. If he's tagging, i'd like him to do it properly like he did in 2011 and really shut somebody down. I don't mind him linking up in the play, but would prefer if he'd just stuck on Bont and stopped being so loose. We wouldn't miss his shit disposal, that's for sure, so i don't care how many disposals he ends up with.

Actually thought Selwood used the ball when released into space, again, when placed under pressure by our elite ball winning, brownlow medallist and his apprentice (Sheed), problems started occurring.

after that putrid round one display, it's glaringly evident that we have fallen a mile off the pace over the past couple of years.

our players aren't developing, tactically we look inept and the squad looks to have very little confidence.

i don't think there's any doubt now that we will finish bottom 4 (possibly even win our 2nd spoon)

the question is, what will the club do about it?

after that putrid round one display, it's glaringly evident that we have fallen a mile off the pace over the past couple of years.

our players aren't developing, tactically we look inept and the squad looks to have very little confidence.

i don't think there's any doubt now that we will finish bottom 4 (possibly even win our 2nd spoon)

So what about North, Geelong and Brisbane? They all also had poor round one showings. Are they also going to finish bottom 4? Sydney lost to GWS in round 1 last year, did they finish bottom 4?

Putrid is a bit rough, i was at the game and must have missed something as i thought it was a great even contest and we were undermanned and everyone is jerking the dogs off.

I absolutely agree with everyone you just said.
Even though you will be labelled a bandwagon supporter by these other simpletons.

Truth is the effort against the bulldogs was absolutely rubbish albeit injuries occurring.
Our already stretched defence wouldn't have been put under so much pressure if our mids did their jobs correctly.

I was at the game and It was horrendous. Throwing handballs wildly at another player under pressure only to screw up on the technique and cause a turn over instead.

Or the thing that annoyed me the most, not honoring running leads.

It was a copy and paste scenario every time, our midfielders would show their rubbish skills, turn the ball over and at anytime the ball went anywhere near our defencive 50 the doggies could set sail for home.

All in the meanwhile we parade these players around as the future of our club and committing them to public social events when it's quite obvious they should be doing skills training.

Personally, I think we lack mongrel and I don't think Nisbett is the man for the job, I think he lacks the ability to bring such a change.

A touch as nails coach with the attitude that reflects that would not go astray either.

Bottom four this year.
Guarantee it!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutely agree with everyone you just said.
Even though you will be labelled a bandwagon supporter by these other simpletons.

Truth is the effort against the bulldogs was absolutely rubbish albeit injuries occurring.
Our already stretched defence wouldn't have been put under so much pressure if our mids did their jobs correctly.

I was at the game and It was horrendous. Throwing handballs wildly at another player under pressure only to screw up on the technique and cause a turn over instead.

Or the thing that annoyed me the most, not honoring running leads.

It was a copy and paste scenario every time, our midfielders would show their rubbish skills, turn the ball over and at anytime the ball went anywhere near our defencive 50 the doggies could set sail for home.

All in the meanwhile we parade these players around as the future of our club and committing them to public social events when it's quite obvious they should be doing skills training.

Personally, I think we lack mongrel and I don't think Nisbett is the man for the job, I think he lacks the ability to bring such a change.

A touch as nails coach with the attitude that reflects that would not go astray either.

Bottom four this year.
Guarantee it!!!
Really? What's Nisbett got to do with a lack of mongrel? Maybe we should replace Nisbett with Cousins as CEO, Kerr back in charge of personal development and Judd to teach the value of loyalty. Sounds like a great move.

Really? What's Nisbett got to do with a lack of mongrel? Maybe we should replace Nisbett with Cousins as CEO, Kerr back in charge of personal development and Judd to teach the value of loyalty. Sounds like a great move.

You don't understand the concept of culture do you. Maybe when you turn 15 and live a bit more you might begin to grasp it.

You don't understand the concept of culture do you. Maybe when you turn 15 and live a bit more you might begin to grasp it.
Well my friend you can live in the past with your revered champions that did more to destroy the club than anyone. Cousins and Kerr were shitheads with no love for anyone or anything Other than themselves. Judd was a captain who deserted his chargers. All fantastic in developing a positive culture.
You are also living in the past with you view on Nisbett who as CEO is in charge of business development of the club and as such is a very successful in this capacity.

Culture, you wouldn't know what culture was if it bit you on the old one, two, three.

Grow up as All I see coming from you is a promotion of negetativity and no positive and successful culture can grow out of this. Belief, hope, recruiting and development can turn around the club fortunes. Two years of regenerating our list without the hinderance of the compromised drafts can change things for the better and the club is right on to this. Give them a chance before you bring out the whinge baton again.

In the space of the Barnaba era we went from having one of the very best playing cultures to one of the worst. I still shake with fury when I remember that useless prick standing up in front of the media and saying he didn't care what happened on the field as long as he cleaned up our offield behaviours. Refused to stand up to Victorian lynch mob and instead declared war on our players. Sold them out. Gave Cousins up, undertook that stupid independent culture review, initiated punitive behavioural rules, punted any scallywags off our list and started recruiting best citizens over best available. Disconnected the club from its only real assets of value, our players. Whereas we used to have warriors who bled for the club we now have workers who clock on at the start of the shift and clock off at the end.

Last edited:
In the space of the Barnaba era we went from having one of the very best playing cultures to one of the worst. I still shake with fury when I remember that useless prick standing up in front of the media and saying he didn't care what happened on the field as long as he cleaned up our offield behaviours. Refused to stand up to Victorian lynch mob and instead declared war on our players. Sold them out. Gave Cousins up, undertook that stupid independent culture review, initiated punitive behavioural rules, punted any scallywags off our list and started recruiting best citizens over best available. Disconnected the club from its only real assets of value, our players. Whereas we used to have warriors who bled for the club we now have workers who clock on at the start of the shift and clock off at the end.
A very juvenile point of view. The club did what they needed and all credit to them.
It was the selfish shitheads like Cousins and Kerr that sent the club culture and the playing future into a down hill spiral and don't be mistaken about that. Their only fault by the club was they never acted soon enough.

When the players needed leadership and senior role models all we got was crap from our so called champions and not much better from Judd who as captain deserted a sinking ship. Now this makes me very angry. We built a midfield around these three and when they needed to be counted they had either fled or were in custody. No thanks.

You're sarcasm clearly shows your lack of understanding.
Nisbett is ultimately in control of what/whom ends up at our club. He's Agenda sets the tone.

If he wants an average team that's full of role models, we will recruit for that.

Alternatively...

If he wants a ruthless team whom is hell bent on securing our next flag and is willing to take a risk against personal indiscretions (Lets be honest, we've all being young and stupid once). We will go for that.

Sadly he is opting for the first of two options and if we want to see any success we need to overthrow that culture and start with a clean slate.
Have a look what the little brothers down the road did.

Once they were the mock of the competition.

Now - They overthrew their President, cleaned the board, new coach, new guersney and proceeded to act with a ruthless matter. You're delusional if you think we're closer to a flag then them right now. We're clearly stuck in the 90's 00's as a club and its culture. When quite clearly we need to be the swinging dick, as our financial position in the league represents.

A very juvenile point of view. The club did what they needed and all credit to them.
It was the selfish shitheads like Cousins and Kerr that sent the club culture and the playing future into a down hill spiral and don't be mistaken about that. Their only fault by the club was they never acted soon enough.

When the players needed leadership and senior role models all we got was crap from our so called champions and not much better from Judd who as captain deserted a sinking ship. Now this makes me very angry. We built a midfield around these three and when they needed to be counted they had either fled or were in custody. No thanks.
Oh the irony.

Anyway mate read the post above it might help you with some culture lessons.

Oh the irony.

Anyway mate read the post above it might help you with some culture lessons.
Irony? Very poor use of the word.

See you also struggle with the English language as well as being delusional in that you believe that having shit heads like Cousins and Kerr are essential for a positive and a winning culture.

We are still trying to get rid if their stink.

Successful clubs have learnt from the mistakes of the WCE and all have a zero tolerance to anti social behaviour and are quick to punish or sack any player who deviates from club codes of conduct. Bad conduct is no longer swept under the carpet in pursuit of team success. Most realise that it ends up biting you in the bum down the track , as we well know.

Welcome to the year 2015. We now accept that Ned Kelly was a bad guy not a hero. Time to wake up boys.

You're sarcasm clearly shows your lack of understanding.
Nisbett is ultimately in control of what/whom ends up at our club. He's Agenda sets the tone.

If he wants an average team that's full of role models, we will recruit for that.

Alternatively...

If he wants a ruthless team whom is hell bent on securing our next flag and is willing to take a risk against personal indiscretions (Lets be honest, we've all being young and stupid once). We will go for that.

Sadly he is opting for the first of two options and if we want to see any success we need to overthrow that culture and start with a clean slate.
Have a look what the little brothers down the road did.

Once they were the mock of the competition.

Now - They overthrew their President, cleaned the board, new coach, new guersney and proceeded to act with a ruthless matter. You're delusional if you think we're closer to a flag then them right now. We're clearly stuck in the 90's 00's as a club and its culture. When quite clearly we need to be the swinging dick, as our financial position in the league represents.
You seem to have a real problem with what is reality in the modern world of AFL football. Take off those rose coloured glasses and have a read of what coaches in general are saying about players who breach community standards.

Irony? Very poor use of the word.

See you also struggle with the English language as well as being delusional in that you believe that having shit heads like Cousins and Kerr are essential for a positive and a winning culture.

We are still trying to get rid if their stink.

Successful clubs have learnt from the mistakes of the WCE and all have a zero tolerance to anti social behaviour and are quick to punish or sack any player who deviates from club codes of conduct. Bad conduct is no longer swept under the carpet in pursuit of team success. Most realise that it ends up biting you in the bum down the track , as we well know.

Welcome to the year 2015. We now accept that Ned Kelly was a bad guy not a hero. Time to wake up boys.
Again you assume things I never said.
Haha you are so laughable.
I would put you on ignore but you are good for amusement

I think the fact that we took the risk with Newman and then kept him on our list while he was actually in prison is an indicator that the club understands that young kids can make mistakes, and that they don't hire solely on character.

That said, Newman is a different case from Cousins who violated his contract in his late 20's after repeated warnings about how his drug use was jeopardizing his career.

There's definitely plenty to miss about our 2006 team but them being a "ruthless team whom is hell bent on securing our next flag" feels a bit like nostalgia has kicked in. I don't necessarily think that our team back then lacked those qualities, but to suggest that our current team does lack them because they've been recruited on the basis of being unlikely to break their contracts seems like a rather big stretch.

To put it differently - if we've been doing poorly because we've focused on hiring 'Nice Guys', then which players our there who aren't 'Nice Guys' should we have targeted? I mean, we could have gone and hired Dank, he seemed ruthlessly hell bent on securing Essendon's next flag... :drunk:

To be honest, before the season I thought we were a chance to sneak into the top eight, especially playing four of our last five games at home. After watching us play the Bulldogs, I think we will finish bottom six.

Don't be too disheartened by our narrow loss to the bullies last week. They are the real deal in 2015. Touching the tigers up nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where will we finish in 2015?

Back