Which current coach do you dislike the most?

Which coach do you most dislike?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, it’s easy to be nice, happy and friendly when you’re winning. Start losing and it’s a different story.

That famous 2022 QF epic against Geelong was another moment where I took a bit of early notice of his demeanour.

To summarise, his press conference was: "After the game I told the players to get up off the ground and stop acting like losers. And also, those rotten, filthy mongrel umpires robbed us all day."

Yeah, that'd be pretty bad. If a coach ever went 4 out of 5 years missing finals, they should probably get sacked.
Meanwhile....

Port has had Ken Hinkley since the end of 2012 or start of 2013.

So, from 2013-23, Port made finals in 2013-4, 2017, 2020-21 and 2023 and likely 2024. Missed finals in 2015-6, 2018-9, 2022.

So made finals in 7 of those 12 seasons. Missed out in 5 of those 12 seasons. Hardly a sackable offence.

Meanwhile....

Port has had Ken Hinkley since the end of 2012 or start of 2013.

So, from 2013-23, Port made finals in 2013-4, 2017, 2020-21 and 2023 and likely 2024. Missed finals in 2015-6, 2018-9, 2022.

So made finals in 7 of those 12 seasons. Missed out in 5 of those 12 seasons. Hardly a sackable offence.
He's also missed the grand final 11 out of 11 years. When no one's ever done that yet he's contracted for a 13th (!!!!!) year you can't not understand why we want him sacked lol

Not to mention Brodie Grundy, who was dragged out the door pretty much kicking and screaming.

McRae also constantly goes on about how he is a winner, the great coaches don't do that as they let their actions and results do the talking.

Chris Scott is the perfect example of a great coach who let's his actions and results speak for themselves.
Craig McRae going on about how much of a winner he is just reeks of insecurity.
Hmmm.

Let’s bag another coach whom has started really well and reference my own teams coach.

You seem a little insecure.

Fly has been terrific since he walked through the door.

Familiarity breeds contempt - yeah, try being a supporter of a club that has a coach for an uprecedented 12 years without a grand final, and with almost full media protection.
But his win loss record and ratio of getting into the top 8 is really good.

Win a final this year and you can put your house on Kenny getting another extension.

Well my team is in the top 8 for now. Got GWS this weekend and your mob in perth the next week. Freo are likely to lose both games and miss out on finals.

If that happens, Thats 4 years out of 5 years freo missed finals under Justin Longmuir.
He's on contract for next season too right? He'd want to get something moving along otherwise he could be out the door before 2025 concludes.

I don't really dislike any coach but it's hard to find positives in Matthew Nicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott… don’t like the way he thinks a run of the mill question is an opportunity for him to give a lecture.

My views on Simon Goodwin haven’t changed. Like a deer in headlights when he is being questioned by media.

Not sure how much blame lies with him with the unrest at Demonland. Players openly wanting out and reports of players wanting out. Not a great look!
Don’t believe Goodwin is liked by many Melbourne fans either. If they fail again next year surely he goes.

Chris Scott… don’t like the way he thinks a run of the mill question is an opportunity for him to give a lecture.

I can understand why that would piss people off but I also think it’s often his way of not answering a question he doesn’t want to answer without saying ‘no comment’ or ‘I don’t want to get into that.’

Yet Ken Hinkley is sacked for getting Port 5 finals wins since 2012?

Some of you Port fans claimed he has been cruel to Animals. Can you explain this in detail?
And zero knockout finals wins since 2014. You know this. You're just trolling.

How long do you think winning three finals over 2013-2014 should keep him in a job for? It's already been ten years. Maybe another ten years on top of that? Another twenty?

Chris Scott.. always had tickets on himself and his thoughts on the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which current coach do you dislike the most?

Back