• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a point. You’ve got an old list with bottom four youth.

If his point was deflecting away from discussing Richmond's bottom four youth to talk about my club, then I guess he has a point.

30 + Possession games (Richmond): 2019.

Houli: x 11
Prestia: x 10
Martin: x 9
Lambert: x 2
Cotchin: x 1
Edwards: x 1

Apologies this has nothing to do with lists.

Which Richmond Ruck is better than Ben McEvoy ?

Thus my point that Houli is a different player.

Or do we leave him out because Sicily and McGovern are better ?

And Dusty.

Can you please stop embarrassing Richmond supporters with this type of hyperbole?
As a fellow Richmond supporter I could easily see all of Gawn, Lever, Petracca, Oliver & Viney would easily walk into Richmond's AFL starting 22. There's plenty of talent on Melbourne list if coached correctly.
Well excuse me. o_O I'm my own person with my own opinion, I'm not in 'your' team, and don't need to toe any line you think exists.

Regardless, It was obviously a sarcastic dig at those offended due to them melting over my earlier post. You didn't pick that part up? Our VFL team!

If it was truthful then you wouldn’t have made such a dick of yourself on BF with childish assessments made out of watching 1 minute of Melbourne games. So again I say: Bay 13 awaits.
Trav 20 sort this champ out please.

Brb just gonna wipe some egg off my face
But I get it though
Nice back flip there. If I decide to post an honest assessment of the team I'd least want, this is the thread to do it. If you don't like what I said, then ignore it and/or me.

Alternatively, you could post an argument to counter what had upset you rather than the tired, weak Bay13 jibe. I suggest trying to fight your own battles also rather than looking for help.

Richmond supporters copped crap over our list (and everything else) for decades and up until recently, it was usually valid. This is just how it is. Believe it or not, one day I do really hope you guys are up the top looking down on everyone else. Then you can force your new found knowledge and assessments on everyone else.

Well excuse me. o_O I'm my own person with my own opinion, I'm not in 'your' team, and don't need to toe any line you think exists.

Regardless, It was obviously a sarcastic dig at those offended due to them melting over my earlier post. You didn't pick that part up? Our VFL team!

Sarcasm doesn't really work in a text format :rolleyes:

GCS, only way is up. Lots of positives to come
Port, under performed with current coach.

So many first rounders with talent in both lists. Most under achieving.

You'd wanna see what Adelaide's culture is like after 12 months with Nick's to make that call.

If you factor in off field, neither. I'd go Essendon for resources.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond supporters copped crap over our list (and everything else) for decades and up until recently, it was usually valid. This is just how it is. Believe it or not, one day I do really hope you guys are up the top looking down on everyone else. Then you can force your new found knowledge and assessments on everyone else.

I think you'll find that the Melbourne list at the end of 2019 is similarly placed to the Richmond list at the finish of 2016.

Ummm one elite forward, shut him down and you’re cooked. A decent midfield but not elite like Richmond, GWS, Bulldogs’, etc. A very shaky backline. An elite injury prone ruck who has played a handful of games over two years. A game plan that was badly exposed in 2019.

Only thing helping you make finals is your massive HGA that rivals Geelong’s for the ridiculous leg up it gives you.

Gaff, Shuey, Kelly, Redden, Yeo, Sheed, isn't an elite midfield?

No point even addressing this tbh. You're clearly either a troll or an idiot.

Last edited:
Howard is a really good player. He was misused at Port. They tried to make him play on the fast leading forward. Well that was never going to go well. He might be a very agile big man but he is no Buddy Franklin. He should always play on the biggest forward because that is his forte and his size.

Rider is past it and Jones will get 6 matches when he plays Sydney because they know how to upset him.

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I used to rate him as a player but I just don’t know whether it was because of an unexpected downturn in performance or friction/frustration/ at the club that he was with.

Hence, I want to see how he goes first before I rate him as an addition to St Kilda’s line-up

I think you'll find that the Melbourne list at the end of 2019 is similarly placed to the Richmond list at the finish of 2016.
You’d hope so. Melbourne’s list needs a little maturity and a stronger mindset. That is what our biggest problem was in the 2012-2016 era.

The only thing was that we needed our core to be a bit older than what Melbourne’s core currently is and for Hardwick to be coaching for 7 years for it to click. I don’t wish gruesome years for Melbourne so hopefully 2019 is a dip that is easily recovered from. Having said that, finishing 17th with only 5 wins is quite low.

You're not a better team. I'm sure if we got gifted the draw you had we'd have won the flag in a canter.

But them's the brakes.
Rnd 22 West Coast, got flogged in the first qtr, still won. Rnd 23 Brisbane. Win. 1st Final Brisbane away. Could’ve easily been beaten, but had the balls to persist until we overan them. 2nd final, Geelong, 20 odd points down at half time, once again had the nerve to win. None of these games were anything but easy. Whereas you flogs had Hawthorn in last round at home and you still couldn’t win. Yes we were clearly the better team.

Rnd 22 West Coast, got flogged in the first qtr, still won. Rnd 23 Brisbane. Win. 1st Final Brisbane away. Could’ve easily been beaten, but had the balls to persist until we overan them. 2nd final, Geelong, 20 odd points down at half time, once again had the nerve to win. None of these games were anything but easy. Whereas you flogs had Hawthorn in last round at home and you still couldn’t win. Yes we were clearly the better team.
They were absolutely slaughtered by Hawthorn at home while Hawthorn were a man down and top four was on the line, yet for some reason they blame our fixture for their shortcomings. Such a weird supporter base.

They were absolutely slaughtered by Hawthorn at home while Hawthorn were a man down and top four was on the line, yet for some reason they blame our fixture for their shortcomings. Such a weird supporter base.
Even if West Coast had 7 games at home to end the season, they would still find ways to lose to average sides and miss the top 4

You're not a better team. I'm sure if we got gifted the draw you had we'd have won the flag in a canter.

But them's the brakes.
You lost to Collingwood and got thrashed by Port Adelaide and Hawthorn, the latter game being to save your season. You play at Optus Oval much more than any of those 3 sides do so I don't see a sufficient excuse there.

Besides, in order to be the best MCG side we have to be better there than Hawthorn, Melbourne, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong and Carlton. Keep in mind that these teams play a lot of games there and are accustomed to the ground and atmosphere of the crowd. All you have to do to be the best Optus Oval side is be a decent side and be better that Fremantle at Optus Oval and you're basically done. Try dominating Optus Oval in a league with Fremantle, Joondalup, Armadale, Stirling, Wanneroo and Melville all playing regular games there and accustomed to the ground. Hence, if you had our fixture it would be comparing apples with oranges.

It is not that easy to be the best MCG side. Travel isn't the only thing that makes a game hard you know.

You lost to Collingwood and got thrashed by Port Adelaide and Hawthorn, the latter game being to save your season. You play at Optus Oval much more than any of those 3 sides do so I don't see a sufficient excuse there.

Besides, in order to be the best MCG side we have to be better there than Hawthorn, Melbourne, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong and Carlton. Keep in mind that these teams play a lot of games there and are accustomed to the ground and atmosphere of the crowd. All you have to do to be the best Optus Oval side is be a decent side and be better that Fremantle at Optus Oval and you're basically done. Try dominating Optus Oval in a league with Fremantle, Joondalup, Armadale, Stirling, Wanneroo and Melville all playing regular games there and accustomed to the ground. Hence, if you had our fixture it would be comparing apples with oranges.

It is not that easy to be the best MCG side. Travel isn't the only thing that makes a game hard you know.

If Optus Stadium suddenly had 8 co-tenants it would also mean the travel load would be lesser. I'd take that fixture.

I've always been of the view that Richmond deserved their flag and that the natural advantage of having a lesser travel burden is balanced out by having less 'true' home games. It is what it is and it won't change in the short to medium term.

West Coast weren't good enough in 2019 (the Collingwood and Hawthorn games at home in the end probably cost us) and it is a bit embarrassing that a handful of supporters on here cannot acknowledge that.

That being said - I'd prefer an MCG tenant style fixture rather than an Optus Stadium tenant fixture - the travel really does have an effect on performance, this is well documented and studies and I hope no Richmond supporter is ignoring that either.

If Optus Stadium suddenly had 8 co-tenants it would also mean the travel load would be lesser. I'd take that fixture.

I've always been of the view that Richmond deserved their flag and that the natural advantage of having a lesser travel burden is balanced out by having less 'true' home games. It is what it is and it won't change in the short to medium term.

West Coast weren't good enough in 2019 (the Collingwood and Hawthorn games at home in the end probably cost us) and it is a bit embarrassing that a handful of supporters on here cannot acknowledge that.

That being said - I'd prefer an MCG tenant style fixture rather than an Optus Stadium tenant fixture - the travel really does have an effect on performance, this is well documented and studies and I hope no Richmond supporter is ignoring that either.
No, the travel is a genuine burden. I just think that some West Coast fans think that having a lot of MCG games means that it’s a simple equation when it comes to winning a Premiership. I see it as a trade-off. Don’t travel a lot, but don’t have much home ground advantage either. Travel a lot, but have a lot of home ground advantage to compensate for it. It somewhat ends up balancing itself which is why there tends to be just as much non-Victorian sides in the top 8 as Victorian sides.

In finals, Non-Victorian sides have more advantage being the home side (1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th) than Victorians. Example: West Coast finishing 2nd and Richmond finishing 1st in 2018. West Coast hosted Collingwood and Melbourne at Optus Oval, which were two travelling sides. Richmond hosted Hawthorn and Collingwood, which were both MCG tenants like Richmond so no HGA at all for finishing first.

Victorians have more advantage being the away side (3rd, 4th, 7th and 8th) than non-Victorians. Example: Richmond finishing 3rd in 2017 and GWS finishing 4th. Richmond played Geelong at their own home ground week one at the MCG whereas GWS travelled for both.

I think that things pre-Grand Final are fine as they are. We all know the inequality of the Grand Final itself though. It’s admittedly skewed towards Victorian sides than non-Victorian sides and it isn’t really necessary to be an exclusive Victorian thing when it is a national league. I think it was a little silly to lock the Grand Final at the MCG for so long. In the NFL, they pre-determine where the Super Bowl is. The only problem is that their average stadium holds a pretty decent capacity. Perth Stadium, Adelaide Oval, MCG and ANZ Stadium are all fine to have a Grand Final, but is the Gabba good enough with a capacity of ~42K? I don’t know. Maybe if they expand its capacity to 50-60K then these 5 stadiums can be used for the Grand Final on a pre-determined rotational basis. Only then will the AFL truly have attempted what they can to make the competition a national competition instead of making it a little Victorian-centric.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team list would you least want?

Back