• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Day and sicily are out for this season...even if they were in the team, we would still finish bottom 4..they played last season and we won 5 games... “but hubs...” “last season doesn’t count”... tell that to Richmond and their supporters.

Gunston will definitely help, especially with his leadership, which is what our forward line needs more than anything, but he isn’t going to be the difference in us winning and losing games...

We better hope we beat Adelaide this week, because other than when we play north Melbourne, which will be a 50/50 game, we will be lucky to win another game this season.
You'll win games. As soon as you catch a team off their game (ie Saints of late) you'll smash them. You guys have almost zero class but the players play for Clarko every week.

Then youd really be in your environment.

How often do teams only win 1 game in a season ?

I think we will beat Adelaide...just..only because it’s in tassie..it will be a deplorable game to watch..like every game at our “hole ground is”...first to 50 wins.

I can see us beating North Melbourne, as the game is in tassie..if it was at marvel, we would lose.

We will pinch one or two others wins and win 4 or 5 games for the year...just unfortunate north are worse...we need Horne.

I think we will beat Adelaide...just..only because it’s in tassie..it will be a deplorable game to watch..like every game at our “hole ground is”...first to 50 wins.

I can see us beating North Melbourne, as the game is in tassie..if it was at marvel, we would lose.

We will pinch one or two others wins and win 4 or 5 games for the year...just unfortunate north are worse...we need Horne.
You'll beat us in Tassie too I suspect.

Horne will end up playing for Adelaide anyway so don't be too cut up if you don't land him. :D
(actually can't believe he is a mad Fremantle supporter, how the hell did that happen!?)

I think Hawthorn are in the worst spot. Loads of deadwood.
North not far behind but probably 12 months ahead in a rebuild.

Looking forward Geelong would be starting to worry surely
All the old blokes contracts will be up by the end of 2022 so watch for a bottom 4 finish 2023 onwards. We have a few talented kids but no where near the stock of teams like GC, North and Sydney

Day Gunston Sicily are 3 of our best 10 players.

And we matched it with Melbourne Geelong and Freo for 3 quarters each.

So? Melbourne were missing key players as well.

Midfield is slow with poor disposal, sure Mitchell and O'Meara get a lot of the ball but that's about it. And by the time they get the benefit of finishing bottom 4 and recruiting some halfway decent mids these older guys are going to be finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So? Melbourne were missing key players as well.

Midfield is slow with poor disposal, sure Mitchell and O'Meara get a lot of the ball but that's about it. And by the time they get the benefit of finishing bottom 4 and recruiting some halfway decent mids these older guys are going to be finished.

Slow? Our midfield matched it with Melbourne who apparently are littered with stars. We moved the ball quickly for 3 quarters which Melbourne struggled with.

It was only 5 min in to the 4th when they started playing well.

Richmond are the only team to have dominated us so far this year.

Slow? Our midfield matched it with Melbourne who apparently are littered with stars. We moved the ball quickly for 3 quarters which Melbourne struggled with.

It was only 5 min in to the 4th when they started playing well.

Richmond are the only team to have dominated us so far this year.

You've convinced me, they are still a powerhouse team and once Sicily gets back in they'll instantly be a top 2 team and will win the next 3 premierships in a row. Just put Mitchell and O'Meara in the All Australian team right now, they are easily the two best mids going around right now, i can't believe that I couldn't see it until your post.

Pretty happy with Taryn Thomas, Jy Simpkin, LDU, Cam Zurhaar, Nick Larkey, Paul Ahern, Bailey Scott.

I'm convinced people just don't watch NM games.

Pretty Vanila list to be honest. You can blame Brad Scott for this current position. I predicted this back in 2016 that your list would be horrible by 2020.

He was topping up mature players to try and keep his job for the short term and not thinking about the longer ramifications by doing so.

You've convinced me, they are still a powerhouse team and once Sicily gets back in they'll instantly be a top 2 team and will win the next 3 premierships in a row. Just put Mitchell and O'Meara in the All Australian team right now, they are easily the two best mids going around right now, i can't believe that I couldn't see it until your post.

Yes there are 2 options. Bottom 4 and top 4. Nothing in between is possible.

GCS are bottom 4. Cos they certainly arent top 4.

So in your world where there are no shades of grey the following are bottom 4 teams?
Crows
Saints
Hawks
Roos
Suns
Bombers
Blues
Pies

Of the bottom 5, in order of least preferable to most.

1) Hawks.
Missing a lot of key components that i don't see coming through.
Ruck, Key forwards + scoring mids are really lacking.
Jaeger, Titch, Impey, Sicily, Day & CJ are quality that will be around for a while. Worpel needs to find something (or they trade him to a team requiring a role player)

2) Pies.
Will get a gun in Daicos as a nice pick up. but looks like they may have handed a top pick over on top of the disaster that was last years trade period.
Key position stocks aren't great. Still maintained by Pendles brilliance and Grundy dominance (though that isn't worth a whole lot these days)
If these two weren't around, would be a severely limited team.

3) North
Have LDU, Simpkin, Powell, Phillips, Young & Thomas playing very well.
Stephenson needs to do more, but if he finds his feet properly he could be a dangerous steal
Ruck and key position stocks (forward and back) are not ideal.

4) GCS
Have a lot to work with in terms of young talent.
King, Rankine, Rowell, Anderson, Bowes, Lukosius, Powell
Keen to see Davies come through too.
Need a decent Witts backup & more time.

5) Dons.
Look to have nailed the offseason as best you can when losing 3 best 22 players (1 if you count how often they play)
Depth is the major issue here. Can't afford to lose the quality of Merrett.
need a big body around the stoppages, and FF position is a bit of a watchpoint with the current reliance on Hooker.

Pies anyone?

They have the oldest team with massive holes in their squad. They can't do a rebuild on the run now with the state of their list so they'll need to go full rebuild.

They might bottom out in another 3 years or so and if that's the case then they won't be competitive for the best part of a decade.

Imagine if they lose this week

Of the bottom 5, in order of least preferable to most.

1) Hawks.
Missing a lot of key components that i don't see coming through.
Ruck, Key forwards + scoring mids are really lacking.
Jaeger, Titch, Impey, Sicily, Day & CJ are quality that will be around for a while. Worpel needs to find something (or they trade him to a team requiring a role player)

2) Pies.
Will get a gun in Daicos as a nice pick up. but looks like they may have handed a top pick over on top of the disaster that was last years trade period.
Key position stocks aren't great. Still maintained by Pendles brilliance and Grundy dominance (though that isn't worth a whole lot these days)
If these two weren't around, would be a severely limited team.

3) North
Have LDU, Simpkin, Powell, Phillips, Young & Thomas playing very well.
Stephenson needs to do more, but if he finds his feet properly he could be a dangerous steal
Ruck and key position stocks (forward and back) are not ideal.

4) GCS
Have a lot to work with in terms of young talent.
King, Rankine, Rowell, Anderson, Bowes, Lukosius, Powell
Keen to see Davies come through too.
Need a decent Witts backup & more time.

5) Dons.
Look to have nailed the offseason as best you can when losing 3 best 22 players (1 if you count how often they play)
Depth is the major issue here. Can't afford to lose the quality of Merrett.
need a big body around the stoppages, and FF position is a bit of a watchpoint with the current reliance on Hooker.

Can't comment on others our backs though are ok. McKay is doing very well, Corr has years left, McDonald, Perez and then a plethora of other youngsters.

Yes the hawks have some concerns but plenty of premierships in the bank to keep them warm during some lean years. would rather have their premierships than our young hopefuls tbh.

Can't comment on others our backs though are ok. McKay is doing very well, Corr has years left, McDonald, Perez and then a plethora of other youngsters.

Yes the hawks have some concerns but plenty of premierships in the bank to keep them warm during some lean years. would rather have their premierships than our young hopefuls tbh.
well yeah, but this is a thread on lists, not cup cupboards
at which point, we're still sitting pretty :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team list would you least want?

Back