Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh damn.

You should of had your medicine.

Remember those posts of Psicosis that left Lewis out of a list that you cross posted to every North thread on the main board hanging shit on him and kept coming back to over and over again for almost year? Hilarious wasn't it?

Hilarious thing was he ended up way closer to the mark than you :tearsofjoy:

Thilthorpe, McKay, Larkey, Comben probably all will have better careers than Lewis in all liklihood. In fact his biggest miss of all things on that list was how much he overrated DGB.

There is a search function mate. You are the king of gaslighting.

i can't quote them as the threads locked, but lots of love for the search function. Enjoy. That took me all of 5 seconds and I can go deeper if you want?

View attachment 2038703

View attachment 2038704

View attachment 2038705

View attachment 2038706

View attachment 2038707

View attachment 2038708

View attachment 2038709

View attachment 2038710

View attachment 2038711

View attachment 2038712

View attachment 2038713

View attachment 2038714
Comben is literally a failed forward gone back. No one was wrong.

He has shown good ability to intercept and athletic. Will carve a pretty good career at CHB.

Edit: Edwards being 6th for Psicosis is laughable 😂

Nothing like a good double down :tearsofjoy:
Im not sure what you’re getting at, things change. Charlie Comben was an injury prone forward who had shown little to nothing and was being talked up like he was the next saviour, as was Edwards. In Combens case he is able to go back and make a career out of it.

Not mentioning Edwards being on the list who isn’t even on a list and never played a game is a much bigger laughing matter.

Lewis is still the 2nd best key forward out of all clubs.

Im not sure what you’re getting at, things change. Charlie Comben was an injury prone forward who had shown little to nothing and was being talked up like he was the next saviour, as was Edwards. In Combens case he is able to go back and make a career out of it.

Not mentioning Edwards being on the list who isn’t even on a list and never played a game is a much bigger laughing matter.

Lewis is still the 2nd best key forward out of all clubs.

I think the point well made in here for a long time was that he was very promising and possessed a lot of high end qualities, which he's thankfully now showing at AFL level injury free.

Things certainly do change don't they:

1720096863694.png

Last edited:
I think the point well made in here for a long time was that he was very promising and possessed a lot of high end qualities, which he's thankfully now showing at AFL level injury free.

Things certainly do change don't they:

View attachment 2038727
He did but he wasn’t able to perform at afl or vfl level consistently as a forward so he was sent back where his strengths were suited.

So comparing him to Lewis is dumb, Lewis is a tenfold forward and Comben is a way better defender because Lewis hasn’t ever played there.

They do and nothing I said there is wrong. Jeka was dominating VFL footy and Comben wasn’t and Jekas talent was as good as seen, dual footed 6’6 players don’t grow on trees with his silk and athletic ability. Just didn’t have the work ethic so he failed.

He did but he wasn’t able to perform at afl or vfl level consistently as a forward so he was sent back where his strengths were suited.

So comparing him to Lewis is dumb, Lewis is a tenfold forward and Comben is a way better defender because Lewis hasn’t ever played there.

They do and nothing I said there is wrong. Jeka was dominating VFL footy and Comben wasn’t and Jekas talent was as good as seen, dual footed 6’6 players don’t grow on trees with his silk and athletic ability. Just didn’t have the work ethic so he failed.

Yeah but it didnt stop at Comben.

I hope SYL never put anything on that bet of Lewis, Kosi and Jeka going well past Larkey. Must have been juicy odds.

1720096005187.png

Last edited:

You are talking completely out of your ass now. Just stop.

Comben was dominant at VFL level at CHF in the games all around all his injuries.

You are talking completely out of your ass now. Just stop.

Comben was dominant at VFL level at CHF in the games all around all his injuries.
Can’t seem to check old games but there were some outliers and dominant games but never consistency. Jeka had a half a season before debuting of a bunch of 20 ish disposals 10 ish marks and 3-5 goals.

I’d take the bet Lewis could go past him (body depending) with a side on the rise too.

But again, things change. It isnt linear.

I know it's not linear.

Comben will be an AA caliber defender, as soon as next year.

What's one of the best intercept marks in the league worth?

You have a $900k x 6 year deal on the table for Battle, so you tell me.

I know it's not linear.

Comben will be an AA caliber defender, as soon as next year.

What's one of the best intercept marks in the league worth?

You have a $900k x 6 year deal on the table for Battle, so you tell me.
I think Combens next steps are defensively and ball use. Aerially and athletically superb.

Defensively he is average or below average. Doesn’t help being in a poor side. (41% DLP)

He is a little bit of a one trick pony, very strong aerially and intercepting. But doesn’t get involved enough outside of that. Damage with ball in hand isn’t super high either so will either need to be super strong defensively or continue to build his offensive load.

Super athlete.

I’d say $$$ is going in a positive direction. 800k for 6 years would have been ridiculous a few years ago for Battle, now it’s pretty normal. The average salary is sky rocketing and more players are becoming millionaires.

Comben probably requires consistency and longevity of production and performance as he wouldn’t be getting the offers Battle is currently because of that.

You’ve shown three games worth and he played more than that. Sure injury wouldn’t have helped, but to say every time he took to the field he was great and was only used down back for a need is wrong.

Corr, Logue (inj), K Dawson, Nyuon, Pink and W Dawson.

If he was really good enough as a forward he wouldn’t be tried in defense. You don’t rob Peter to play Paul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope SYL never put anything on that bet of Lewis, Kosi and Jeka going well passed Larkey. Must have been juicy odds.

View attachment 2038736
To be fair, if you read the betting fine-print, it didn't necessitate them all playing for the same club...bet still in play!

You’ve shown three games worth and he played more than that. Sure injury wouldn’t have helped, but to say every time he took to the field he was great and was only used down back for a need is wrong.

Corr, Logue (inj), K Dawson, Nyuon, Pink and W Dawson.

If he was really good enough as a forward he wouldn’t be tried in defense. You don’t rob Peter to play Paul.

Is this the strawman argument you are opting for now?

Comben is actually the failure, because despite being one of the best young key defenders in the comp at the moment, he's really not talented enough because it's not as a forward. :tearsofjoy:

Is this the strawman argument you are opting for now?

Comben is actually the failure, because despite being one of the best young key defenders in the comp at the moment, he's really not talented enough because it's not as a forward. :tearsofjoy:
What? No I just said he wasn’t good enough forward and was tried in defense where he has shown to be much better with further growth to come. You put words in peoples mouths or you are poor at articulating.

Not like you to start inventing stuff again.
That’s my interpretation of it, unless you have word that he was put in defense for cover from a coach than sure I’ll admit I’m wrong. Still believe that he wasn’t good enough forward and was tried in defense. Helps that your defense was poor and McKay left. If he was so good forward he wouldn’t be tried in defense, is the other perspective.

I think Combens next steps are defensively and ball use. Aerially and athletically superb.

Defensively he is average or below average. Doesn’t help being in a poor side. (41% DLP)

He is a little bit of a one trick pony, very strong aerially and intercepting. But doesn’t get involved enough outside of that. Damage with ball in hand isn’t super high either so will either need to be super strong defensively or continue to build his offensive load.

Super athlete.

I’d say $$$ is going in a positive direction. 800k for 6 years would have been ridiculous a few years ago for Battle, now it’s pretty normal. The average salary is sky rocketing and more players are becoming millionaires.

Comben probably requires consistency and longevity of production and performance as he wouldn’t be getting the offers Battle is currently because of that.

Probably because he's not a free agent and isn't out of contract...

There's only two players u/23 in the AFL in the top 50 of the comp in intercept marks for key defenders.

It's Comben and Mac Andrew.

Comben is #4 and Mac Andrew is #6.

Battle is 20th and he's considered a good intercept mark.

Either of them would have the proverbial truck backed up for them if either of them were remotely gettable given they are 20 and 22 years old respectively (and both 200cm to boot)

LOL 22 year old injury prone Comben a failed forward?

That’s silly

The reality was that despite not nailing his marking and being wayward infront of goal he’s was very promising. Probably no coincidence the last time north won back to back games he was playing forward.

He was our best pressure forward, and had no issue jumping all over Sicily taking marks. He dominated the air in vfl. DOMINATED

He was 2 months into a broken leg when the club said publicly they were going to play him back for the sake of getting a full season of senior footy into him. I laughed at that. Like defenders don’t get injured. I laughed when they said the same thing about Brayden George and then he injured his kneee in the first qrt he played as a forward 😓

When he played forward he looked like he laboured. You watch h now and he is as good in q4 as he was in q1.

Who knows where he ends up but the talk of being a failed forward is fake news

Probably because he's not a free agent and isn't out of contract...

There's only two players u/23 in the AFL in the top 50 of the comp in intercept marks for key defenders.

It's Comben and Mac Andrew.

Comben is #4 and Mac Andrew is #6.

Battle is 20th and he's considered a good intercept mark.

Either of them would have the proverbial truck backed up for them if either of them were remotely gettable given they are 20 and 22 years old respectively (and both 200cm to boot)
He wouldn’t be getting paid anywhere near that at north and wouldn’t be offered that by other clubs, yet.

There’s more to being a defender than intercepting.

Combens one wood is that, Battles strings are he can go forward, he is able to defend talls and smalls and is a decent user, his overall game is better. It’s such an odd comparison tho

Comben has been impressive as an intercept type, but I’ve already mentioned there’s a lot more to it than that.

He wouldn’t be getting paid anywhere near that at north and wouldn’t be offered that by other clubs, yet.

There’s more to being a defender than intercepting.

Combens one wood is that, Battles strings are he can go forward, he is able to defend talls and smalls and is a decent user, his overall game is better. It’s such an odd comparison tho

Comben has been impressive as an intercept type, but I’ve already mentioned there’s a lot more to it than that.
You're just arguing for the sake of it( common on bigfooty) at this point.

Big Charlie's career has been plagued with injuries. He's come back from a horrific broken leg and dominated in a foreign position on the ground. You are underselling his ball use as well. He's been great with ball in hand. A bit of defensive stuff to learn but he's already taken away the pain of losing McKay.

Oh damn.

You should of had your medicine.

Remember those posts of Psicosis that left Lewis out of a list that you cross posted to every North thread on the main board hanging shit on him and kept coming back to over and over again for almost year? Hilarious wasn't it?

Hilarious thing was he ended up way closer to the mark than you :tearsofjoy:

Thilthorpe, McKay, Larkey, Comben probably all will have better careers than Lewis in all liklihood. In fact his biggest miss of all things on that list was how much he overrated DGB.

There is a search function mate. You are the king of gaslighting.

i can't quote them as the threads locked, but lots of love for the search function. Enjoy. That took me all of 5 seconds and I can go deeper if you want?

View attachment 2038703

View attachment 2038704

View attachment 2038705

View attachment 2038706

View attachment 2038707

View attachment 2038708

View attachment 2038709

View attachment 2038710

View attachment 2038711

View attachment 2038712

View attachment 2038713

View attachment 2038714

View attachment 2038725
Nice attempt. Points for trying at the very least.

Amazing that it needs to be pointed out that posts like “he’s no Charlie Comben” were a clear piss take of how much Psicosis pumped up his tyres as a CHF to partner Larkey, rather than any direct comparison to other players.

God this thread is atrocious, the fact it has a part two is honestly insane. The funniest part is that Adelaide supporters have just fully checked out of this thread and all that remains is the same 10 Hawthorn and North supporters arguing over nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back