Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree on Dear and Weddle, absolute guns and were massive yesterday. Watson's special talent appears to be being 5ft tall and throwing his head back; he's no Jeff Farmer that's for sure.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Man it's going to be so fun watching Watson make oppo supporters tear their hair out for the next 10+ years. He's a special little shit.

Geez Dear, Wiz and Weddle are going to terrorise opposition teams over the next decade. These kids all did some special things yesterday at crucial times of the game
Weddle is plug and play, in any position on the ground.

Ruck, CHF, CHB, Wing…. Going to be a lot of fun to watch.

North really need to start outgrowing these 10-15+ goal losses.

Enough is enough.

Just as I think they start to turn the corner and go and they deliver that.
It seems fairly common for young rebuilding teams to still have the occasional stinker here and there.

If you're showing more competitiveness and promise (as North have been the last 6-8 weeks), it's easier to write that one off as a bit of a mulligan....

It seems fairly common for young rebuilding teams to still have the occasional stinker here and there.

If you're showing more competitiveness and promise (as North have been the last 6-8 weeks), it's easier to write that one off as a bit of a mulligan....

Agreed. It's why I'm hoping that they will respond next week.

I don't expect them to beat Carlton. I do hope they will be far more competitive.

I think if they can get within 4 goals you would be happy with that.

Weddle is plug and play, in any position on the ground.

Ruck, CHF, CHB, Wing…. Going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Wait until he gets a shot as an inside mid.

Height, power, speed and endurance along with a lovely peg. He really could be anything.

Man it's going to be so fun watching Watson make oppo supporters tear their hair out for the next 10+ years. He's a special little shit.
If he sorts his goal kicking out, he'll be like Ballantyne for you. Can confirm it is a joyous experience. My major concern for you guys is Ginnivan and Watson? At least you won't die wondering how much campaigner you can fit into a forward line

If he sorts his goal kicking out, he'll be like Ballantyne for you. Can confirm it is a joyous experience. My major concern for you guys is Ginnivan and Watson? At least you won't die wondering how much campaigner you can fit into a forward line

Maybe after yesterday, Sicily will spend more time there to really test it out

Agree on Dear and Weddle, absolute guns and were massive yesterday. Watson's special talent appears to be being 5ft tall and throwing his head back; he's no Jeff Farmer that's for sure. Shame as he's a decent ball winner, but going to be another one medically retired if he keeps it up.

During the game as one of the commentators (think it was Healy) said players will just have to tackle him properly as the area from his shoulders to his hips is smaller. Guess it’s an advantage.

Can understand opposition supporters not liking the Wizard heck when he walked through the doors he said he was a player that liked to get into the faces of opposition players and antagonising opposition supporters. Can see it’s already working. But we absolutely love the Wiz with the energy he brings. He is an absolute jet who reads the play before anyone else, big leap, turbo gear changes with elite agility, excellent defensive pressure …… will be a game changer for us for the many years ahead.

Doggies and Dees tried hard to get our pick because they were keen to get him.

Agreed. It's why I'm hoping that they will respond next week.

I don't expect them to beat Carlton. I do hope they will be far more competitive.

I think if they can get within 4 goals you would be happy with that.

I don't think it matters how North go against the top two sides on the ladder.

If they are competitive against teams outside of the 8 that shows great progress on the last few years.

Its happening in the pundit world too.

Every single time he has had a shot on goal over the last few weeks, his goal kicking record this year has been brought up. Pundits cant talk about him without mentioning his goalkicking record.

It started to sound a bit like bullying yesterday. King was giggling with delight in trying to point out that his kick that didn't make the distance 'counts' as another miss. He's relishing in the woes of a 19 year old.

I love it and so do the kids. Which is what its all about.

Really don't understand the watson hate by oppo supporters. The kid has had 33 shots on goal this season, the finishing hasn't been there but you'd struggle to find a first year small forward in the last 20 years who will have as many shots as he will by seasons end. The kids been told his whole career he's to short, of course he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short memory considering your mob lost by 51 points last week.

We slipped on the banana skin but we responded well enough to beat a top 4 team.

I'm keen to see how North bounce back.

You are wrong.
Just from the outside looking in, he doesn’t seem to have the athletic capacity he had, not saying he’s not athletic now just not as much. Use to fly and work up the ground but tends to stay deeper now and just looks like he moves a little slower. But he will likely find a good mix between strength and power eventually.

Just from the outside looking in, he doesn’t seem to have the athletic capacity he had, not saying he’s not athletic now just not as much. Use to fly and work up the ground but tends to stay deeper now and just looks like he moves a little slower. But he will likely find a good mix between strength and power eventually.

2nd game back from knee surgery

Ben Keays just had a top 5 performance of the year afl wide. What just happened!?

2nd game back from knee surgery
Obviously there are a lot of variables to it. Knee injury whether it’s the physical condition of his body or the mental side of how confident he is in himself at the moment, or as I pointed out he has put on a lot of weight in a short period of time in the middle of a season. How that affects his performance or athleticism is to be determined but I did notice he looked slower than I remember.

Mitch Lewis is an example, he went into a pre season maybe 2 years ago and gained a bunch of muscle and got to like 105kg+, but it wasn’t a playable weight, he couldn’t move and wasn’t as athletic as he was or needed to be. In the end he had to trim down prior to the season. Especially as he is a big runner and one of his strengths is his endurance and athleticism.

Obviously there are a lot of variables to it. Knee injury whether it’s the physical condition of his body or the mental side of how confident he is in himself at the moment, or as I pointed out he has put on a lot of weight in a short period of time in the middle of a season. How that affects his performance or athleticism is to be determined but I did notice he looked slower than I remember.

Mitch Lewis is an example, he went into a pre season maybe 2 years ago and gained a bunch of muscle and got to like 105kg+, but it wasn’t a playable weight, he couldn’t move and wasn’t as athletic as he was or needed to be. In the end he had to trim down prior to the season. Especially as he is a big runner and one of his strengths is his endurance and athleticism.

Wait and see how he’s moving after a full pre season.

It as a great game but it wasn’t a top 5 performance of all 3 of these teams let alone the competition.

He surely owes McKay a beer with how many goals he was gifted.

Was a brilliant performance. I wouldnt argue if someone said top 10 so surely thats top 5 for Crows.

Which 5 for the Crows have been better ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back