FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm rewatching Seinfeld from the start. The characters, the writing, the performances are all top notch. I laugh out loud every single show.
I did this a few years ago, having never really appreciated the show as a kid. Absolutely loved it, might even rewatch again soon.

Watched the finales of Maisel and Love and Death last night.

Maisel was brilliant if a tiny bit rushed for 5 seasons. A show that absolutely does not get the recognition it should. Could not recommend it more highly.
Agree - season 5 a bit all over the place, but good to see most of the storylines tied up. Fashions always the highlight (Midge just drop dead gorgeous day in day out), Susie and her wonderful one liners, both sets of parents and their 1950/60's values, Joel and his regrets - all part of a wonderful cast who did justice to some snappy writing.

Someone on this Board made a claim in the past few days clay they had watched one of the best tv shows of all time recently but I can’t find the post

If it was you can u repost please?
I think I noted that Marvellous Mrs Maisel would be in my personal top 10

Someone on this Board made a claim in the past few days clay they had watched one of the best tv shows of all time recently but I can’t find the post

If it was you can u repost please?
Probably someone on the Succession thread

Silo - Intriguing sci-fi murder mystery set in an underground bunker in the future (maybe)?
Citadel - Watched one ep then dropped it, spy show with tons of money in it except for the writers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Priyanka actually ever done anything remotely good?

White Tiger I guess (and perhaps her Bollywood stuff, can’t say in well versed) but she has some absolute stinkers on her CV and most of them had huge budgets.
As as someone that grew up watching Bollywood….. here I go: Don 1 and 2, Dostana, Fashion, Kaminey, Agneepath, Gunday, Bajirao Mastani and Dil Dhadakne Do are all good movies of hers.

Agree that some of her English stuff isn’t as good. Compared to someone like Anupam Kher who picks better subtler roles in the US.

As for why she moved from India to the US, she was having issues with some of the producers (Karan Johar) and started to not get the roles she once used to. There is heaps of politics and nepotism in the industry which can affect careers. Also, in Bollywood, actresses have a “used by” date and start playing motherly roles in their 40s or stop acting when married.

Last edited:
Mrs. Davis - The new Damon Lindelof series, co-created by Tara Hernandez who worked on The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon. Not the most obvious pairing at first glance and this is probably the most zaniest thing Lindelof has done.

Basic plotline is a 'nun' wants to destroy an artificial intelligence that has taken over the world and seemingly made life better for everyone. So it's taking on big ideas but also filling them with some wild storytelling. A stan for Betty Gilpin and how much I'm liking the series so far rests a lot on how much I'm enjoying her performance. Keen to see where it goes and it's definitley unlike anything else on at the moment.
I just finished watching the series. Truly bonkers, I loved it and was amazed, shocked and amused on finding out what Mrs Davis the Holy Grail were. It's in the same crazy vein as "Good Omens". A bizzare and wonderful series. Is this the future for AI?

I just finished watching the series. Truly bonkers, I loved it and was amazed, shocked and amused on finding out what Mrs Davis the Holy Grail were. It's in the same crazy vein as "Good Omens". A bizzare and wonderful series. Is this the future for AI?
Yeah I really enjoyed it.

It's a hard show to recommend to others because it's a love it or hate it type of thing.

Second season of 100 Foot Wave continues to marvel. Extends the cast of characters beyond Garret McNamara, some truly breathtaking footage and even the odd literal cliffhangers.

Perry Mason's second season was also very good, maybe even better than the first. Probably gets lost a bit when HBO had Succession running concurrently for much of it, but Matthew Rhys is excellent and the show does a better job of looking like the time period than most movies do.

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back