FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Algiers, America on Disney+ is brilliant.

Insightful 5-part documentary centred around an all-black high school football team and community in New Orleans. As much about the struggle, the gun violence, the hurricane(s) and the incredible people as it is about gridiron. Triumph and loss in just about equal quantities.

Like Welcome To Wrexham, which is also great, you certainly don't have to have any interest whatsoever in football to find it a very entertaining and inspiring series.

Some pretty good shows on at the moment, watching season two of Cardinal, a Canadian drama series, Billy Campbell and Karine Vanasse are excellent as the leading characters, strong storyline's and superb Cinematography.

Two episodes into The Swarm, really like the slow build of this, good cast, intriguing premise, recommended.

The latest series of Unforgotten, not as good without Nicola Walker but still a solid well written show, well worth watching.

Also Poker Face, a touch up and down in quality but overall a really enjoyable show, worth watching just for Natasha Lyonne who is superb in the leading role.

Hanging out for the latest series of True Detective starring Jodie Foster, if the trailers are anything to go by it should be a winner.

Some pretty good shows on at the moment, watching season two of Cardinal, a Canadian drama series, Billy Campbell and Karine Vanasse are excellent as the leading characters, strong storyline's and superb Cinematography.

Two episodes into The Swarm, really like the slow build of this, good cast, intriguing premise, recommended.

The latest series of Unforgotten, not as good without Nicola Walker but still a solid well written show, well worth watching.

Also Poker Face, a touch up and down in quality but overall a really enjoyable show, worth watching just for Natasha Lyonne who is superb in the leading role.

Hanging out for the latest series of True Detective starring Jodie Foster, if the trailers are anything to go by it should be a winner.
Got an ETA on this?

Just finished Season 1 of Loudermilk which is practically unheard of locally.
Drama/comedy starring Ron Livingston as a substance abuse counselor. He's pretty much Nixon from Band Of Brothers but if spent the 1990s being a drunk to turn into a middle aged arse that's sick of the world.

Not too bad, and easy enough watch with a genuine chuckles along the way.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Succession and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia !!!

Succession is so brilliantly acted, written and directed, I don't want to binge it all at once, watching 2 episodes at a time (currently up to season 2, Episode 2)

Kieran Culkin and Brian Cox are the stars of the show, everyone else is terrific, but their acting chops and subtle humour nuances give the show more layers of gravitas.

Silo is the only thing I'm watching with conviction atm. The cupboard is pretty bare for my tastes. Anyone know of any hidden si-fi gems nearing the quality of The Expanse?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know of any hidden si-fi gems nearing the quality of The Expanse?

While not quite at The Expanse level of quality, I quite enjoyed Dark Matter. It has a 7.5 rating on IMDB and 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. Killjoys is another that I enjoyed but isn't at The Expanse level. The start can be a bit off putting for some people but it does increase in quality over the first season.

While not quite at The Expanse level of quality, I quite enjoyed Dark Matter. It has a 7.5 rating on IMDB and 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. Killjoys is another that I enjoyed but isn't at The Expanse level. The start can be a bit off putting for some people but it does increase in quality over the first season.
Yeah just started watching it again after a first failed attempt. About 6 episodes in now, it will have to do until something else comes along.

Silo is the only thing I'm watching with conviction atm. The cupboard is pretty bare for my tastes. Anyone know of any hidden si-fi gems nearing the quality of The Expanse?
Silo started off really well in the first couple of episodes, but has dropped off a lot since then. I'm not nearly as invested as I was early on - just watching now to see how it wraps up. Or at least answers some questions.

Based on your recommendation Ive started this and am also 2 episodes in, Ive been on a bit of a sci-fi/horror kick watching Silo, Foundation and From.

Totally agree with the slow build, the first episode is like the first 15 mins of a 90s disaster film stretched out and in a good way, I'm digging the vibe so far.

Really enjoying Parental Guidance, glad it's back.
Me too.
I'm bloody hating the Christians, and judges mc judge face Sammy (lighthouse) and melody (unstructured). Probably heavily edited, but they just aren't living in the real world.

I've met Kat several times (friend of a friend). She is exactly like she is on the show

Watched all 4 seasons of Cardinal a fair while ago, was an excellent series

Me too.
I'm bloody hating the Christians, and judges mc judge face Sammy (lighthouse) and melody (unstructured). Probably heavily edited, but they just aren't living in the real world.

I've met Kat several times (friend of a friend). She is exactly like she is on the show
The slow parents (no TV) are annoying, I don't like Melody at all either. She is very judgmental. For someone who is "unstructured" I reckon she is gonna be in for a rude shock when people come at her. Reckon it will be chaos.

Don't mind Sammy. Their eldest seems like a beautiful kid.

Yeah Kat is my favourite. When her daugther said "fear is temperoary, regret is forever", I melted.

I really liked the spiritual parents. The influencer ones suprised me.

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back