who apart from me thinks josh fraser is a weakling that cost us a spot in the grand final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe if our best forward had kicked a goal, yes, just one, we'd have made the grand final, but no he couldn't. I don't care how good his opponent was.

How Collingwood fans can stick up for Rocca is beyond me.

well a brocken foot for a 100kg man is fair excuse i must say

well a brocken foot for a 100kg man is fair excuse i must say

IF HE HAD A BROKEN FOOT, WHY DID HE PLAY?

If Rocca's injury was that bad he wouldn't have taken to the field, and as I have posted previously:
A broken bone in your foot, doesn't stop your marking the ball when it hits your bloody hands and giving a good, asserted physical contest when the pill finds itself in your area.
AND
Cam Mooney broke a bone in his hand in the first quarter of the GF, went on and had 13 marks and 5 goals, explain that for me? No excuses for Mooney.

Wake up one eyed Pies fans, Rocca has let us down for too long. He plays great games and when he does he looks near unstoppable, but when the big occassion roles around and the big name defenders show up, Rocca goes missing more often than not.

It isn't a case of me hating Ant, but he is without doubt the most frustrating Collingwood I've witnessed in all my years of following, because you see how good he can be, how dominant he can be, and what a great forward he should be, with his size and big goals. But it's nothing but teasing. He kicks 40-50 goals a year, at this stage and with his standing at the club, and importance he should be kicking 60-70 goals. This guy should be lining up for the captaincy right now, but he isn't because he's never taken that extra step to tilt him over the edge into the upper echelon of power forwards.

Never ever would I doubt Rocca's love for our club or his hunger to succeed, or how hard he works behind the scenes, but from the outsider looking in, it appears he still just hasn't done enough. Moving Rocca to FF, was the worst thing imaginable, because his workrate on field has depleted considerably, remember in the GF years, when he could be played as a mobile ruckman coming out from CHF?

I'm glad Rocca stayed this year because I think he needs to be their to help guide in the development of Ried and Cloke and Dawes and Rusling, but depending on form I reckon that should be just about it beyond 2008.

ALM he beat leo barry in a big game, was comprehensively beaten by Galss but still kicked 3 goals and provided a contest all you can ask, had a broken foot and provided a contest against scarlett, its not his fault they're was no one for the crumbs was not his fault they're was no one to help him out by draggin harley away, wasnt his fault the miod field kept haphazardly kicking the ball in his general direction usaul to the advantage side of harley.

Rocca had a poor game, MM wanted to use him as a decoy it almost worked, but it was not roccas fault that we lost

i've said it before, but how this thread is still going is beyond me.

rocca has his fair share of critics, myself one of them at times. games against the demons on Queen's bday and the games against the cats (both this year) just leave so much to be desired.

i was watching some footage of darren millane recently... and it bothered me that josh counldnt jab himself up and play in the most important game of the year... he has to watch some footage of darren and see how real men deal with pain..

wtf.....you gotta look at the injury and the way it impedes the player. A ruckmen cannot go into a game with a back/hip complaint regardless of hom many jabs they give him. The injury would have affected his ability to jump and run, a pretty important component of rucking don't you think?.

ALM he beat leo barry in a big game, was comprehensively beaten by Galss but still kicked 3 goals and provided a contest all you can ask, had a broken foot and provided a contest against scarlett, its not his fault they're was no one for the crumbs was not his fault they're was no one to help him out by draggin harley away, wasnt his fault the miod field kept haphazardly kicking the ball in his general direction usaul to the advantage side of harley.

Rocca had a poor game, MM wanted to use him as a decoy it almost worked, but it was not roccas fault that we lost

We are not talking about one finals series, or one game, or one season, we are talking about over the 10years that he has been at the Collingwood Football Club.

Missing the 2003 Grand Final through stupidity.
Missing that supposed "goal" in the 2002 Grand Final (the great ones kick them)
4 touches and no goals in the 2007 prelim, alledgedly playing injured.
Queens Birthday this year when BEN HOLLAND held him to 2 posessions

Just little instances, that turned out to be so big for our team, where Rocca just couldn't get us there when the pressure was on him. Ofcourse every player has bad moments, but great players stand up when going is at it's toughest, and few Pies fans could say Rocca has since 1996.

Rocca has never reached the heights of the player that he can be and should be. And don't give me that shit about Leo Barry, who hasn't beaten Leo Barry? Besides what's a bigger game the elimination final or the prelim final, and the Pies didn't kick it to the advantage side of Harley enough for your key forward to go a whole game, over 100 minutes without kicking a goal, or even getting near the ball (he had 4 touches, you call that providing a contest).

There were plenty of one on one contests between he and Scarlett, that Rocca was just obliterated.

Rocca is a club favourite, and fan favourite so I understand why many are going to stand up for him, and believe me I'll be the first to admit how important he is to our side. I will stand up for Rocca, when he stands up and delivers consistently, but that is so infrequently.... Rocca will end his career wondering having never fulfilled his expectations and talent.

i was watching some footage of darren millane recently... and it bothered me that josh counldnt jab himself up and play in the most important game of the year... he has to watch some footage of darren and see how real men deal with pain..

Never had a bulging disc in your back have you?

If you had you would realise just how ignorant your statement is.

Blues Man wrote:
So you don't know exactly what was wrong with him ..yet you claim you would have played no matter ....You're not the brightest fork in the draw are you ?

How about if he played with his injury and totally broke down 3 minutes into the game ..would you be here posting how him playing injured cost you the game ?
Thankyou. It even takes an arch rival supporter to state a fact. Some other supporters here seem fair and wise too. I cannot believe what a bunch of sore loosers some of you are goin on about Josh Frasher. He cost us a position in the Grand Final. What a load of crap. He wanted to play but could not. His body language suggested he wanted to be out there. We only missed out by one kick. You can blame anyone who was on the field if you follow that logic. How many players caused turnovers because of crap disposal? James Clement deliberate out of bounds (I reckon he thought he was near behind posts). Poor decision making. I am not blaming them just stating facts. Blame those on the field not those off it. Like Malthouse says its those who you put on the park you think off. I am proud of our finals performances. Don't winge and enjoy what we did. If Josh Fraser doesn't sign and goes for nothing in pre-season draft don't complain. You guys are already persecuting him. Obviously have short memories. He had to start playing from his first year and has had to take on more responsibilty because of poor or lack of recruiting a decent ruckman. Why not blame Richards who is luckier than Jason Wild to have an extended career at Collingwood than others delisted who deserved better. I am just stating this as an example don't wanna play the blame game. I hope Josh is made captain he has put in the hard yards. he has been touted to take over for years and now because of injury people say he don't deserve it. Get real.

I heard that Josh could have played, but was pissed off because he was aware that he may be traded to Richmond as part of the Judd deal. Rumour came from inside the club. Nope I have no evidence.

ROFLMAO. definately the dumbest comment i have ever read on bigfooty.

you cant MOVE your legs with an epidural, you cant feel or move them... or anything from around c5 down...

he would have needed to play the game in a wheelchair.

still LOL'ing.
Not if they inject chocolate into you! If that happens you can fly and fart nerve gas! LOL.

:rolleyes:

did u put spartan at the start of your name just to add an element of 'toughness' to you terrible claims? a lower back injury would most certainly significantly impede his ability to get around the ground let alone contest a ruck contest. history shows u can't carry injured players into high intensity finals, it was honourable that he was man enough to raise his hand for the sake of the team.

We are not talking about one finals series, or one game, or one season, we are talking about over the 10years that he has been at the Collingwood Football Club.

Missing the 2003 Grand Final through stupidity.
Missing that supposed "goal" in the 2002 Grand Final (the great ones kick them)
4 touches and no goals in the 2007 prelim, alledgedly playing injured.
Queens Birthday this year when BEN HOLLAND held him to 2 posessions

Just little instances, that turned out to be so big for our team, where Rocca just couldn't get us there when the pressure was on him. Ofcourse every player has bad moments, but great players stand up when going is at it's toughest, and few Pies fans could say Rocca has since 1996.
are you serious?? He kicked 4 in that Grand Final and smashed the AA Centre Half Back, the 'supposed' goal, was a goal - giving him 5 straight for the match.

He has 20 goals in 7 career finals, look at Brendan Fevola for example - 7 goals in 5 career finals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ben holland held him , you are right about that. thats what he did all match and rocca got stuff all frees lol

people are too harsh on rocca, too much of a scape goat for when things go bad. we are such a better team with him in the side, straightens us up and takes so much attention from the backmen.

First, I think you should learn to spell and learn a little grammar if you are going to bag someone, otherwise it sort of leaves your arse hanging in the breeze.

Secondly, can you put up your AFL record so that we can compare it to Josh's.

Thirdly, I assume you are a Doctor to be able to pass comment on Josh's injuries, well no, that couldn't be right because Doctors can spell.

Finally Darren Millane killed himself and as much as that saddens me to say, he is not a very good role model.

are you serious?? He kicked 4 in that Grand Final and smashed the AA Centre Half Back, the 'supposed' goal, was a goal - giving him 5 straight for the match.

He has 20 goals in 7 career finals, look at Brendan Fevola for example - 7 goals in 5 career finals...

Tell me, what years did Brendan Fevola play in finals football with the Blues? How old was he? What sought of a player was he then? Was he the player he is now? Don't be rediculous, he was about 19-20 years old, and could barely get a game playing out of a forward pocket.

If that 'supposed' goal was a goal, it would have been paid, please don't put the Collingwood blinkers on.

If you are pleased with what Rocca has done over the course of his career, if you think he's lived up to expectation, if you think he's stood up to the pressure of great defenders in big games, if you think he's given everything he could on- field then that's your opinion, but you are obviously a one eyed Collingwood supporter, who can't take criticism of the players, and who isn't able to answer this question with any merit.

Tell me, what years did Brendan Fevola play in finals football with the Blues? How old was he? What sought of a player was he then? Was he the player he is now? Don't be rediculous, he was about 19-20 years old, and could barely get a game playing out of a forward pocket.

If that 'supposed' goal was a goal, it would have been paid, please don't put the Collingwood blinkers on.

If you are pleased with what Rocca has done over the course of his career, if you think he's lived up to expectation, if you think he's stood up to the pressure of great defenders in big games, if you think he's given everything he could on- field then that's your opinion, but you are obviously a one eyed Collingwood supporter, who can't take criticism of the players, and who isn't able to answer this question with any merit.

rocca ahs pured his heart and soul into collingwood, he was enver the athlete of others but always tried, he copped abuse from everyone but kept on coming back, plays injured for the sake of the team, doesn't sook when he isnt the number one target in the forward line, knows his role and plays it.

Rocca is collingwood through and through and most will always defend him. For a bad season by rocca he still kicked 56 goals team woudl kill for their forward to have a bad season and kick 56 goals, he is who he is leave it alon now

Why? You think an umpire has never made a mistake? It quite clearly wetn through, just as the 'point' the saints kicked against the Lions in 2004, didn't go through, and just as clearly as the ball had sauce on it from the bloke in the third row's meat pie in the 79 grand final.

Rocca has played in one grand final. He kicked 4.1 (arguably 5) in a side that kicked 9 goals for the match, against the All-Australian CHB. If that isn't standing up on the biggest of occasions I don't know what is?

Suspension in 2003 was unfortunate, but it wasn't because he is soft and went missing.

Why? You think an umpire has never made a mistake? It quite clearly wetn through, just as the 'point' the saints kicked against the Lions in 2004, didn't go through, and just as clearly as the ball had sauce on it from the bloke in the third row's meat pie in the 79 grand final.

Rocca has played in one grand final. He kicked 4.1 (arguably 5) in a side that kicked 9 goals for the match, against the All-Australian CHB. If that isn't standing up on the biggest of occasions I don't know what is?

Suspension in 2003 was unfortunate, but it wasn't because he is soft and went missing.

There is no point arguing this from my perspective any longer, my points been made, because the problem with almost all Collingwood fans, is that they are too much like Collingwood fans. The blinkers switch on, and nothing can be criticised, everything is fantastic.

Wake up Pies fans, Rocca has not done enough for our club on field.

PS: If Rocca had have buried that big kick right through the f%*$ing centre, like great power forwards bloody should, then the umpire wouldn't have had to second guess. Such examples as the 2002 GF are too seldom from Rocca, because he is most enigmatic, soft, inconsistent and beatable FF in the AFL, a FB's dream.

For a bloke his size, he asserts too little physical prescence on the game.
He doesn't break open packs, he doesn't intimidate, doesn't take enough big pack marks.
In the majority of circumstances he gets beaten up by good defenders
Too often he goes missing in games, plays as many bad as he does good throughout the year.
Leads once, doesn't push back hard enough, can't chase.
And as of the majority of his career, only seems to play well when the team does.

What you may not understand from my perspective is that the reason I get so frustrated like this, is because I realise how important Rocca is to our side, how he straightens us up etc, our reliance on him to be in the 22, but he doesn't fulfill the promise, makes too many errors, let's himself down too regularly.

That's it nothing more to say. Just for a moment stop with your favouratism, sit back and take a look at his time at CFC from 1996-2007, and if you think he's done everything he could, and got the best out of himself then I would be very surprised.

I heard that Josh could have played, but was pissed off because he was aware that he may be traded to Richmond as part of the Judd deal. Rumour came from inside the club. Nope I have no evidence.
I must say that i have also heard this. He wasnt happy with being talked about getting traded away. No real source but im not the first person to hear it :confused:

There is no point arguing this from my perspective any longer, my points been made, because the problem with almost all Collingwood fans, is that they are too much like Collingwood fans. The blinkers switch on, and nothing can be criticised, everything is fantastic.

Wake up Pies fans, Rocca has not done enough for our club on field.

PS: If Rocca had have buried that big kick right through the f%*$ing centre, like great power forwards bloody should, then the umpire wouldn't have had to second guess. Such examples as the 2002 GF are too seldom from Rocca, because he is most enigmatic, soft, inconsistent and beatable FF in the AFL, a FB's dream.

For a bloke his size, he asserts too little physical prescence on the game.
He doesn't break open packs, he doesn't intimidate, doesn't take enough big pack marks.In the majority of circumstances he gets beaten up by good defenders
Too often he goes missing in games, plays as many bad as he does good throughout the year.
Leads once, doesn't push back hard enough, can't chase.
And as of the majority of his career, only seems to play well when the team does.

What you may not understand from my perspective is that the reason I get so frustrated like this, is because I realise how important Rocca is to our side, how he straightens us up etc, our reliance on him to be in the 22, but he doesn't fulfill the promise, makes too many errors, let's himself down too regularly.

That's it nothing more to say. Just for a moment stop with your favouratism, sit back and take a look at his time at CFC from 1996-2007, and if you think he's done everything he could, and got the best out of himself then I would be very surprised.

#1 in contested marks- good call:thumbsu:

Rocca's not a gun- never has been, never will be, he's a good, solid FF- that's it.

And stop trying to use the '02 GF as a way to highlight how 'crap' he is - it's just sad

#1 in contested marks- good call:thumbsu:

Rocca's not a gun- never has been, never will be, he's a good, solid FF- that's it.[/quote]

Thank- you, so the majority of Pies fans need to stop portraying him as if he is a gun, and mustering up excuses for him all the time.

PS: How many pack marks did he take against Matthew Scarlett or Darren Glass or Ben Rutten, throughout the year?

how many pack marks did ANYONE take against Rutten or Glass?

Scarlett isn't a good example, because we kicked it over Rocca's head all day both times we played the Cats. The last thing we need is Rocca competing with hm at ground level.

I'm not making excuses for him, I just think you are expecting too much from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

who apart from me thinks josh fraser is a weakling that cost us a spot in the grand final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back