Who are our second and third year players to get excited about?

Remove this Banner Ad

i tend to think that those two need to focus more on becoming regular best 22 next year than being leaders, both have significant flaws in their game which could hold them out of the team if injuries are kind and they dont improve

Agree. I wish the club had of thought of that last year instead of putting them in the leadership group before they had established themselves as AFL footballers.

Very excited about Michie. Disappointed to see his injury last term, but hopefully that's all behind him. A solid and completed pre-season should give his skills and ability a solid base for a good 2012. I've heard some stories about him, and he sounds a model footballer.

Barlow goes without saying. Although my gut says it's going to be so, I hope his leg break hasn't restricted him from returning to 2010 form.

Fyfe should be so, so exciting. He'll obviously have a lot more attention, but he seems more able at coping with that, than say, Hill.

Very excited about Michie. Disappointed to see his injury last term, but hopefully that's all behind him. A solid and completed pre-season should give his skills and ability a solid base for a good 2012. I've heard some stories about him, and he sounds a model footballer.

Barlow goes without saying. Although my gut says it's going to be so, I hope his leg break hasn't restricted him from returning to 2010 form.

Fyfe should be so, so exciting. He'll obviously have a lot more attention, but he seems more able at coping with that, than say, Hill.

well untill fyfe gets tagged we wont know... from what i saw last year, even with fyfe's form the tag still went to hill.

Can't be tagged IMO.

Considering the tagging job MacPhee did on Judd.....

The thing for us is we just need the other options to be viable, especially Hill and Morabitto, and as a real wildcard Z. And with the stoppages having become a focus for us we should be much better placed to make it difficult to tag them.

This thread has got me all excited. We've got 6-7 blokes who could really step up, with 5 draftees to come and our top end uninjured (for now).

I think Mzungu will become a really good player for us this year. He finished the season really strongly, the St Kilda game in melbourne really showed his potential when fit, absolutely dominated and kicked a goal out of a centre break from memory.

Can't be tagged IMO.

Considering the tagging job MacPhee did on Judd.....

The thing for us is we just need the other options to be viable, especially Hill and Morabitto, and as a real wildcard Z. And with the stoppages having become a focus for us we should be much better placed to make it difficult to tag them.

Judd can't play forward fyfe can..

I think the biggest thing is protection. In 2010 when we had few injuries (at the start to middle of the year) hill was tearing it up..... fast forward to 2011 hill while playing some great games, in large struggled, and as we know we were decimated with injuries. so what is the corelation? i some will say injury, many seemed to have said softness and an unwillingness for the contest..... i personally think that last one is rubbish. i think a combination of injury and a lack of protection were the reasons for his lack of impact during some games.

people mocked and laughed at rowan jones, just as a lot of people do to mcphee, but a star player's output is directly related to his teammates around him. both jones and mcphee are/were brilliant at putting up blocks, shepherding and supporting the star players. Ive heard both chris judd and ben cousins say that their favourite players at west coast were jones and chick because they did all the unnoticed grunt work. And this is the reason why we need mcphee, deboer and to a lesser degree nick lower up and running next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are our second and third year players to get excited about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back