Who are the second to third year players to watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 25, 2002
Roleystone
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's easy to get excited by the new draft picks but with our new found depth who on the outer rim will cement their spot on the list or go a new level? Off the top of my head I'm thinking Crozier, Sheridan and Neale. Who am I missing and why will they "suddenly" become an integral part of the team?
A somewhat smokey (though others would call a sure thing) is josh Simpson. If he came through and developed to his maximum potential surely that would have large ramifications on the way the team would set up, perhaps freeing Walters and Ballas ( pushing it) to spend more time in the middle.
Am interested in your thoughts and keen to see a new thread.

2nd and 3rd year players in order of impact and breaking into the 22.

1. Neale
  2. Sheridan
  3. Sutcliffe
  4. Crozier
  5. Taberner
  6. Hannath
  7. *Daylight*
  8. Simpson
  9. Moller
  10. Duffy

That's some serious talent attempting to break into the team.

That top 4 would be playing AFL almost anywhere else in the league.

It's easy to get excited by the new draft picks but with our new found depth who on the outer rim will cement their spot on the list or go a new level? Off the top of my head I'm thinking Crozier, Sheridan and Neale. Who am I missing and why will they "suddenly" become an integral part of the team?
A somewhat smokey (though others would call a sure thing) is josh Simpson. If he came through and developed to his maximum potential surely that would have large ramifications on the way the team would set up, perhaps freeing Walters and Ballas ( pushing it) to spend more time in the middle.
Am interested in your thoughts and keen to see a new thread.
Yeah missing Sutcliffe from the list - Not sure if he will be starting 22, but should play a good number of games this season.

1. Neale
  2. Sheridan
  3. Sutcliffe
  4. Crozier
  5. Taberner
  6. Hannath
  7. *Daylight*
  8. Simpson
  9. Moller
  10. Duffy

Controversial Seppo. I'd have Subcliffe streets ahead of Sheridan.

1. Neale
2. Subcliffe
3. Daylight
4. Crozier
5. Sheridan
6. Taberner
7. Hannath
8. Daylight
9. Simpson
10. Menegola

1. Neale
  2. Sheridan
  3. Sutcliffe
  4. Crozier
  5. Taberner
  6. Hannath
  7. *Daylight*
  8. Simpson
  9. Moller
  10. Duffy
  11. Daylight delisted after an auspicious 2014 debut, but doing his knee in his 2nd game.
Is that a rating for season 2014?

My list for a medium range prediction, season 2016;
1) Crozier
2) Sheriden
3) Neale
4) Smith
5) Sutcliffe
6) Simpson
7) Moeller
8) Taberner
9) Hannath
10) Duffy
* Daylight delisted after replicating all of Toia's injuries in his debut match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannath will surprise a few people. I think Gumby and Hannath will become our forward line in the post-Pavlich era. I'm not sure about Tabs. He has all the physical attributes, but he hasn't shown a lot of aggression.

Hannath will surprise a few people. I think Gumby and Hannath will become our forward line in the post-Pavlich era. I'm not sure about Tabs. He has all the physical attributes, but he hasn't shown a lot of aggression.

You might be right, but if so I'm lowering my expectations for the post Pavlich era

Have not seen anything to justify that prediction, and Hannath seems to lack the physical attributes of mobility and marking power that Taberner and Apeness have. He would need to become an awesome ruckman to make it as a regular best 22 in my opinion, not rely on being a first choice forward option.

Have not seen anything to justify that prediction, and Hannath seems to lack the physical attributes of mobility and marking power that Taberner and Apeness have. He would need to become an awesome ruckman to make it as a regular best 22 in my opinion, not rely on being a first choice forward option.

Hannath is treacle,way to slow for a key forward.

Is that a rating for season 2014?

My list for a medium range prediction, season 2016;
1) Crozier
2) Sheriden
3) Neale
4) Smith
5) Sutcliffe
6) Simpson
7) Moeller
8) Taberner
9) Hannath
10) Duffy
* Daylight delisted after replicating all of Toia's injuries in his debut match.

Honest question. What is it about Sheridan that makes you think he'll be ahead of Neale? Or Sutcliffe?

Honest question. What is it about Sheridan that makes you think he'll be ahead of Neale? Or Sutcliffe?

Not really saying he will, and expect all of them to be regular AFL players, so just shooting from the hip. BUT i do like the way he moves and delivers the ball, and I like his size. I expect all of them to continue to develop but think Sheriden has more of the classic traits for an outstanding, modern-day midfielder (and 2016 is the timing for him to begin to replace Mundy).

Do you mean the Fyfe Era?

In ages gone by they will define the The era of Fyfe as the new dawn of the Freo community. Fyfe being the god dressed in the purple chevrons and worshipped by men and women alike. He stood astride his competitors as a colossus of raw power and innate skill.

Not really saying he will, and expect all of them to be regular AFL players, so just shooting from the hip. BUT i do like the way he moves and delivers the ball, and I like his size. I expect all of them to continue to develop but think Sheriden has more of the classic traits for an outstanding, modern-day midfielder (and 2016 is the timing for him to begin to replace Mundy).

Excuse my probing but I'm just not sold on Sherro yet, so I like to hear what others like about him. So, If Lachie Neale is the next Sam mitchell, then Sheridan could be the next...???

Laser bullet passing, big tank, bigger body size.

Mundy replacement for 2015-6, he will squeeze in to the best 22 sometime this year and possible stay there for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the second to third year players to watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back