Who are the top 10 midfielders in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see how much this has shifted.

I reckon there would now be a pretty solid consensus that the top four, in whatever order, are Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield and Cripps.
Interesting

because if i were picking a team from scratch id probably grab cripps and martin but look elsewhere for other mids.

You forgot The Bont, clear top 5. Same as last season. Nothing has really changed..

I think he’s in the top 10, where in that top 10 is debatable. I would probably have him in the 4-8 range somewhere, I reckon by the end of this year he will solidify himself around that top bracket.

coniglio is one that is right up there.

I reckon there would now be a pretty solid consensus that the top four, in whatever order, are Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield and Cripps.
Pendles still tops the list for me
These 4 round out the top 5, though I’m thinking bont isn’t far off danger

Yeo, macrae, cogs and Oliver round out the top 10 for me

I think he’s in the top 10, where in that top 10 is debatable. I would probably have him in the 4-8 range somewhere, I reckon by the end of this year he will solidify himself around that top bracket.

coniglio is one that is right up there.
I think he is top 5 no doubt, they ( Danger, Cripps, Martin, Fyfe & Bont ) would be pretty universal I reckon......The 6-10 range in no particular order I would have Josh Kelly, Tom Mitchell ( providing he’s all good with the leg ), Neale, Pendlebury & Cogs.....The Eagles big 3 in Shuey, Yeo & Kelly are so even I found it a bit unfair to put one in while the others missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I refuse to acknowledge Bontempelli purely because people call him The Bont.

Christ does anyone bother putting any effort into a name anymore?

‘the Ab.’
‘The Will.’
‘The Lock.’
‘The Dunst.’
‘The Ken.’
‘The Geh.’

I think it’s the ‘the’ part that pisses me off the most.

Please don’t research the post-punk British band of the 80’s, whose most popular album is Infected.

Incorrect, anyone who watches a moderate amount of football and has an IQ above 70, can reasonably suggest Bontempelli 'rounds out the top 5'.
I think the 5th -10th there's a few names that could be argued in various orders, even for 5th, especially if we are using an element of projection for 2020.

Guys like Macrae, Bontempelli, Tim Kelly, Josh Kelly, Coniglio, Neale, a fit Tom Mitchell, Yeo, would be in the frame for 2020.

I'd even say Shuey, Treloar, Higgins, Sidebottom and others aren't miles away from top 10 with good seasons either.

Martin's the most dominant player in the game, although there's probably going to be a valid argument if he's a mid or forward soon.

After that the 3 big powerful ball winners are all special players. Danger's speed, Fyfe's sheer power and Cripps' strength at the contest are all amazing.

But I'd take Bont over any of them. His metres gained, goal assists, score involvements, scoring shots are reflect a guy who's not all that far off as a dominant ball winner and has a vast skill gap.

The only thing that's stopping Bont being the clear number 2 and pushing closer to Dusty is that he goes from maybe the games best field kick to a complete mess within scoring range and has an inexcusable amount of misses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the top 10 midfielders in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back