Who are the worst free kick stagers in the game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the lack of defense of Lloyd by Bomber fans in this thread means we have a winner:

Lloydy you are THE worst stager for free kicks in the comp :thumbsu:

well done

(like that was a surprise.....)

I honestly cant go past the Davey brothers.........
Im not sure which one is worse.

Im not sure if this counts, but big forwards these days (barry hall, mooney) try to stage free kicks by phsycing up at the umps. They try to intimidate them, so next time the ump gives them a free

Lloyd easily.

You clearly have no idea. Campbell Brown give me a break, he gets absolutely no favours from the umpiring fraternity. Goldspink actively seeks him out to award free kicks against him; I suggest you look at the farcical umpiring by Goldspink in Hawthorn v Collingwood 2006, in which Goldspink took it upon himself to berate and determine the outcome of the game.

Some of the worst are at the swans, Hall every contest that he doesn't come up with the ball will appeal for a free kick. He initiates the wrestling and then when his opponent pushes Hall wants a free kick - laughable. Schneider was the same a filthy diver, who had the disturbing habit of appealing for deliberate everytime the opposition put the ball over the boundary line - it unjustifiably worked on alot of occasions as well.

Davis, Buchanan and O'loughlin are others that do this throwning the arms out appealing and diving at every opportunity. Given its so endemic at the swans it makes you wonder if it's a coaching policy.

Sydney may or may not be the biggest divers, but they are the biggest whiners when it comes to the umpire not paying them free kicks or getting free kicks against them, MO'L, Goodes, Hall all appeal to the referee.

For Collingwood Davis is probably the biggest diver although I think he just goes to ground too easily, the umpires never give him a free kick when he goes to ground even if it is legitimate he must be 'targeted' in this sense. Didak is a very opportunistic player and will partake in a bit of theatrics once a game maybe. Thomas is not a diver, he never goes to ground in a marking contest.

Lindsay Thomas from the 'Roos is pretty bad...but he's still young so hopefully he'll grow out of it.

If you can actually provide more than two examples of LT staging I'd be surprised. He did it, got busted on prime time TV and now has a reputation.

Brent Harvey

Depends on how you define staging. If you mean he expects a free kick when he has his head ripped off or when he is being held and impeded in his run on the ball, then you'd be right - he stages free kicks that were actually there! However if you are talking about diving or faking, then you are mistaken.

Matthew ,Harvey and Fev is really starting stage and it makes me sick. All 3 are more than good enough to get the ball by them selfs.

Port Adelaide Football Club: on a clear night you can hear the diving drills all the way to Ceduna.

followed very closely by.......
Matthew LLoyd ( they wrote a song about him "See my Lloydy Dive")

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Bassett.
He's not the worst in terms of most frequent as he'd only do it a couple of times a year. He's the worst in that he's really hilariously crap at it when he does try. I'm no fan of the standard of umpiring of our game, but even I'm confident that no umpire will ever fall for the Nathan Bassett special.

The two Mathews (must be the name) Lloyd + Richardson.....and if they dont get the free, boy, do they crack the sads!!....

Matthew Richardson is not a free kick stager. The reason he has a sook on occasion is because he gets absolutely mauled yet doesn't recieve a free kick.

I'll give you Didak, but I can't recall Dale ever really staging for a free.

Didak isn't that bad anyway. From Collingwood i would say Davis is the player that comes to mind as being a stager.

Thomas shouldn't be in that category.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the worst free kick stagers in the game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back