Who are the worst free kick stagers in the game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayne Pettifer has been known to take a dive or two...from a slight nudge...similar to Lloyd, but Lloyd just has that poise when he falls over...

Boy, did you miss the point of this thread.

I reckon 90% of posters missed the point. They are all nominating players who get lots of free kicks because they receive unfair tagging, blocking and holding treatment, and sometimes these obvious incidents are not seen by the umpires so the player lets the umpires know about it. How is that staging? Maybe whinging but not staging.

I think it's more like why bother as we hear it over and over all the time, more so from just hate or bias than fact.:thumbsdown:
:D:D as I said you guys can't be taken seriously, be honest, if so many people are saying Loyd how can you put it down to hate or bias, that's just plain stupid.

Fess up and admit he is the No 1 stager.:):thumbsu:

I reckon this sums it up nicely:

According to this view, sports like soccer are for "do-gooders"; players who are tripped "lie on the ground writhing in pain in an un-Australian way". Better to be a thug than a wimp. Since when, though, in the macho world of the AFL, has staging for free kicks, diving and collapsing in a heap Matthew Lloyd-style as if struck by a sledgehammer, been "the Australian way"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All very well but not a proven fact just as you say opinion.

Lloyd stages yes but as for No 1 my opinion as seems that is what we are going on is he is not the worst.
Then your opinion is against the majority.
Ask anyone in the street or anywhere for that matter who is the biggest stager and they will say Lloyd, I think bias has a lot to do with your thoughts on the matter.

If you can actually provide more than two examples of LT staging I'd be surprised. He did it, got busted on prime time TV and now has a reputation.

Given that he's been in the league for 1 season there obviously isn't a plethora of examples unlike Lloyd, Fevola etc...but I guess that fact the times he dived were in such a ridiculous fashion (and as you said, he got called out on national TV) makes him stand out a bit.

Until an Ess supporters names Loyd No1 I just won't be able to take them seriously. :cool:

Matthew Lloyd 231 games.
202 free's for.
228 free's against
Yep he gets a shocking good run from the unpires. No question.:rolleyes:
Now he does take a dive. I won't or can't argue with that but he doesn't get as much out of it as people asume he does.

Matthew Lloyd 231 games.
202 free's for.
228 free's against
Yep he gets a shocking good run from the unpires. No question.:rolleyes:
Now he does take a dive. I won't or can't argue with that but he doesn't get as much out of it as people asume he does.

This is why I've said I don't think he is No 1 but seems opinion on BF counts more than facts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the worst free kick stagers in the game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back