Who are the worst free kick stagers in the game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Like everyone else has said, Lloyd. I remember him diving and then getting the goal in the dying minutes of a 2001 / 2 game against the dees to put the bombers in front.

I just remember the commentator going ' NO NO NO NO NO ' :D

But yeah, Lloyd is filthy.

You clearly have no idea. Campbell Brown give me a break, he gets absolutely no favours from the umpiring fraternity.

Thats simply because they hate bad acting..and he's hopeless at it.

Touch the bloke and he puts on that grimacing face like someone has just hit him with an axe handle....then he throws his arms out as if arnie schwarzenegger is dragging him backwards.

He doesnt do subtle well at all does he.

You clearly have no idea. Campbell Brown give me a break, he gets absolutely no favours from the umpiring fraternity. Goldspink actively seeks him out to award free kicks against him; I suggest you look at the farcical umpiring by Goldspink in Hawthorn v Collingwood 2006, in which Goldspink took it upon himself to berate and determine the outcome of the game.

Some of the worst are at the swans, Hall every contest that he doesn't come up with the ball will appeal for a free kick. He initiates the wrestling and then when his opponent pushes Hall wants a free kick - laughable. Schneider was the same a filthy diver, who had the disturbing habit of appealing for deliberate everytime the opposition put the ball over the boundary line - it unjustifiably worked on alot of occasions as well.

Davis, Buchanan and O'loughlin are others that do this throwning the arms out appealing and diving at every opportunity. Given its so endemic at the swans it makes you wonder if it's a coaching policy.

Why are you bringing the umpires into this? This thread has nothing to do with who recieves the most free kicks but who are the biggest free kick stagers in the competition. If it had anything to do with free kicks i would be mounting a case for Lloyd because he averages similiar or less free kick per game than most of the other FF's in the comp. Lloyd doesn't mind diving but this has no affect on the umpires ability to make a decision based on it's merits. If anything he recieves less frees than he should because the umps are inclined to think he is acting even if he is not. Cambell Brown also definately stages for frees, it doesn't mean he gets them but he definately stages for them.

Brent Harvey is the best imo, Darren Bewick was the best in his day and Michael Long was the best at drawing a free kick out of his opponents.

Thats simply because they hate bad acting..and he's hopeless at it.

Touch the bloke and he puts on that grimacing face like someone has just hit him with an axe handle....then he throws his arms out as if arnie schwarzenegger is dragging him backwards.

He doesnt do subtle well at all does he.

You make a very good point there. People are forever saying that Lloyd kicks so may goals from frees but if anything he doesn't recieve the frees he should be getting because the umpires think he is acting it. The stats back up the fact that he clearly recieves no favors from the umpires. I am not saying that he doesn't dive but this has no postive affect on his frees for throughout his career.

Mickey O is not a bad actor for you guys, what do you think?

Mickey O is not a bad actor for you guys, what do you think?

He goes ok...but that comes with experience.

If u want to see a class act at work watch the way he sorta subtly leans back when he feels a guy touch him on the run...nothing spectacular about it, no wild throwing of the arms back, no bad acting.

Umps lap that shit up.

He goes ok...but that comes with experience.

If u want to see a class act at work watch the way he sorta subtly leans back when he feels a guy touch him on the run...nothing spectacular about it, no wild throwing of the arms back, no bad acting.

Umps lap that shit up.

I agree, hence why i said Mickey O is not bad for you guys. Some players are actually very good at milking frees and he is one of them. I actually see it is a good thing if a player is good at it, not a negative thing like a lot of people make out. Michael Long and Boris Bewick were two guys from Essendon who were also very good at it in there day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you all 750 + goals with that??? i think fa..rking so!! hahaha

i remember seeing a stat a while ago and Lloyd was not the player who recieved the most frees in the league anyway

Would you all 750 + goals with that??? i think fa..rking so!! hahaha

i remember seeing a stat a while ago and Lloyd was not the player who recieved the most frees in the league anyway

But 85% of the free kicks he does get are from him taking a dive like a pathetic girls sock - not sticking his head over the ball and going hard at it.

Take it easy mate, it's all in good fun;)

P.S. When Campbell Brown retires the AFL should honour him by naming an award after him, how about the "Campbell Brown Award for Excellence in the Field of Diving"??
Why do Sydney fans hate guys that are hard at the pill?

Take it easy mate, it's all in good fun;)

P.S. When Campbell Brown retires the AFL should honour him by naming an award after him, how about the "Campbell Brown Award for Excellence in the Field of Diving"??

P.S. ???? you are not writing a formal letter.... this is a footy forum
P.P.S. If you are going to try and be funny please come up with something better than that dribble....

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the worst free kick stagers in the game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back