Prediction Who are you going for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they haven't been gifted a flag, because they haven't got one... yet.

However, I think it's a slap in the face to any club, like ours, to have been given the pick of the crop of the players at the expense of the clubs who happened to be down at the bottom of the ladder in those years.

I don't care if they win one, eventually, but let them work a little harder for it.
True, they have managed themselves better than the GCS, ( I would feel the same about them) but seriously, I could have done it with the huge hand up they got.
the fact remained that the AFL clubs agreed to the two expantion teams unlike when WCE or the Crows came in where they were able to just build quasi state teams to get through the early stages they had to allow for these clubs to build a base ... where it blew up is where Fremantle and to an extent Port used their draft pre-selections on established players in lower comps scraps of other clubs GWS kept the picks and got the best youth knowing the floggings they would get early would be off set by a dominant team when they hit their prime ...
it wasnt just handed to them either yes they got the cream of the crop but they also had to be able to develop them and get them to reach the potential that they are now

the fact remained that the AFL clubs agreed to the two expantion teams unlike when WCE or the Crows came in where they were able to just build quasi state teams to get through the early stages they had to allow for these clubs to build a base ... where it blew up is where Fremantle and to an extent Port used their draft pre-selections on established players in lower comps scraps of other clubs GWS kept the picks and got the best youth knowing the floggings they would get early would be off set by a dominant team when they hit their prime ...
it wasnt just handed to them either yes they got the cream of the crop but they also had to be able to develop them and get them to reach the potential that they are now

This is true. I'm just p.....d off at all our stupid CEOs who voted for it!
(no doubt "gently persuaded" by the AFL holding a handful of cash)
Why would I care if there are two new teams, when we have only got 1 flag in 140+ years! Two more teams to compete against as we get weaker.

Edit: yeah, I know I'm being irrational, but I still don't want them to win :)

PS: this new format sucks
It's an absolute shocker..........it's changed since late this arvo....thought it was something wrong with my laptop.

It's like the old saying....if it aint broke...don't fix it.

Well they haven't been gifted a flag, because they haven't got one... yet.

However, I think it's a slap in the face to any club, like ours, to have been given the pick of the crop of the players at the expense of the clubs who happened to be down at the bottom of the ladder in those years.

I don't care if they win one, eventually, but let them work a little harder for it.
True, they have managed themselves better than the GCS, ( I would feel the same about them) but seriously, I could have done it with the huge hand up they got.

Crows, West Coast and Port were all gifted flags within a few years of being added to the league. No different really. Least the Giants have some good characters (Greene, SJ, Mumford, Shaw the twat brigade) and they're fun to watch.

Will be hard to barrack against the Tigers this week though.

Who would you support in a Cats/GWS Grand Final? Plastics all the way!

It's an absolute shocker..........it's changed since late this arvo....thought it was something wrong with my laptop.

Not that it was broke, but more so outdated. There's supposedly a lot more functionality with the new skin. It'll take some getting used to no doubt though.

Tip:
If you don't already know, bottom left side is a drop down menu, select "cool"
Rather than "Slick" or "Warm".
Back to normal

Crows, West Coast and Port were all gifted flags within a few years of being added to the league. No different really. Least the Giants have some good characters (Greene, SJ, Mumford, Shaw the twat brigade) and they're fun to watch.

Will be hard to barrack against the Tigers this week though.

Who would you support in a Cats/GWS Grand Final? Plastics all the way!

Not that it was broke, but more so outdated. There's supposedly a lot more functionality with the new skin. It'll take some getting used to no doubt though.

Crows etc were all before my time here I think, so this is new for me. As you say though, if it's GWS or Cats I'm definitely going the Giants.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Than
Tip:
If you don't already know, bottom left side is a drop down menu, select "cool"
Rather than "Slick" or "Warm".
Back to normal
Thanks for the great tip sunny3193....I had no idea you could change the fonts/layout style.

Back to normal now.

Yeah West coasts first 2 and Adelaide's first 2 are just about beyond my memory. 2004 isn't unfortunately :(
i dont know if the WCE or the Crows were given their flags ... WCE built a formidible side that got them their flag ... the crows put together a remarkable run in the finals to get theirs ... Port failed many times before eventually getting theirs ...
had we won in 2009 would you say we were gifted that flag ? we got there cause we built a strong team

Just not Richmond.
Will be bullshit if they win with their first year in finals football for god knows how long. Reckon you need to do the hard yards of finals footy first.
Also really leaves us and Melbourne as the losers of the competition.

Richmond because of my wife's family and I remember how Melbourne would come alive when the Tigers were a great team.

Geelong if we must.

Adelaide intolerable cross border smugness aside they are a good team.

GWS just no, I don't care if this unwanted plastic team never win a flag.

My mates are mostlyl Tigers so I should say them but there is that tinge of jealousy and wanting them to still be shit so I'm not left with the shittest team. My Dogs mates are still intolerable even after a shit season. I like the Tigers supporters one second from melt down personalities, they will change for the worse if they get comfortable. So GWS because they are the least history of crucifying us of all the teams left. Adelaide deserve the flag though, been the best team for 2 seasons.

On the way in to the G. Wearing my "Roo" cap to support the other one.

I don't mind the Tigers. Just couldn't bear the whole #sobrave narrative of the Bulldogs last year.

Go Tiges. :tigerface:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who are you going for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back