• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 57 29.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Oh don’t you worry - I know my way around these parts.

Clint Eastwood Smoking GIF by Bell Brothers
Bored?

Hmmm. Kind of is though isn’t? Slightly relativist argument you’re making.

Playing way less games and shorter quarters (objectively true) verses speculative theories about drafts and the competition at the time.

The fact is that 2020 was awesome because we all got to watch footy in spite of the pandemic - loved it.

But it was a glorified shits and giggles scout jamboree to keep us sane which in no way comes close to all the other flags. The other two Tiges flags I count - but not that one.

Lol shorter season and matches is objectively true as you say. What you failed to say is how that is any unfair advantage to the Premier team over other teams. Which is what would be required to put a genuine asterisk next to the Premiership.

Lol shorter season and matches is objectively true as you say. What you failed to say is how that is any unfair advantage to the Premier team over other teams. Which is what would be required to put a genuine asterisk next to the Premiership.
So where do we draw the line. First one to kick a goal after the opening bounce? Would that be a flag too?

So where do we draw the line. First one to kick a goal after the opening bounce? Would that be a flag too?
Just tell us how Richmond had an advantage that other teams didn’t.

Richmond played interstate, like the other teams.
Richmond were in a hub, like the other teams.
Richmond played a 17 game H&A season, like other teams.
Richmond played 16 minute quarters, like other teams.

What other teams didn’t have was Brooke Cotchin and Sydney Stack. That must have been our advantage - scandal generating an “us versus the world” mentality. Yep, asterisk it all.

Just tell us how Richmond had an advantage that other teams didn’t.

Richmond played interstate, like the other teams.
Richmond were in a hub, like the other teams.
Richmond played a 17 game H&A season, like other teams.
Richmond played 16 minute quarters, like other teams.

What other teams didn’t have was Brooke Cotchin and Sydney Stack. That must have been our advantage - scandal generating an “us versus the world” mentality. Yep, asterisk it all.
I’m not talking about the advantage. It’s like saying who had an unfair advantage in the Apple bobbing contest at the village fair. No one cares

How good was it to see Adem Yze support his good mate Nathan Brown tonight!

Great to see him finally enjoying football. Just a shame it wasn’t with the team he coaches.

Look if you think playing 5 minute quarters and playing hacky sack on Cottesloe beach (while Victorians were Uber eating mouldy croissants) equals all the other flags good luck to you but it didn’t and never will
Denigrating the success of others? How very Geelong supporter like of you.
Richmond's magnificent 2020 premiership in the most difficult and challenging season in AFL history, wth a raft of rule changes to disrupt Richmond's game plan and extremely biased umpiring. It was obviously one of the most against the odds and impressive premierships ever.
Your angry posts giving voice to your bitter envy were an enjoyable read :)
Thanks for posting :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And another…

Best big games player because of his NS says SOS

One of the best players Lockett has seen apparently.

Crawford reckons 2017 is the GOAT season.

9769d937cbe96eb2ac5a312000b3a814.jpg

Not sure, if they do then what is the point you’re making? I’m not gonna make it for you so what do you mean?

The point I was making is we have a curious situation where the Geelong top 8 as listed by you:

a) has more AA's between them than any other top 8, and
b) is probably the worst top 8 right now.

Do you disagree with either or both of those statements? And if not, don't you think it is curious and worthy of passing mention, at least?

The point I was making is we have a curious situation where the Geelong top 8 as listed by you:

a) has more AA's between them than any other top 8, and
b) is probably the worst top 8 right now.

Do you disagree with either or both of those statements? And if not, don't you think it is curious and worthy of passing mention, at least?
Well ok, so you’re saying in your opinion the top 8 i listed has most AA selections out of every other top 8 listed, but is worst top 8 overall?

Ok, so? That’s your point? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just out of curiosity, who do you think is top 8 at Geelong?

*edit
What point are you trying to make?

Last edited:
Well ok, so you’re saying in your opinion the top 8 i listed has most AA selections out of every other top 8 listed, but is worst top 8 overall?

Ok, so? That’s your point? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just out of curiosity, who do you think is top 8 at Geelong?

*edit
What point are you trying to make?

It does seem to suggest Geelong players are a bit over-represented in AA selections. But I guess we all knew that already, right?

It does seem to suggest Geelong players are a bit over-represented in AA selections.
When were all these AA selections, one by one, in what years, and which are unjustified, if you don’t mind listing them?
But I guess we all knew that already, right?
Do we?
Please explain. Is it still because Tom Stewart got the nod over some obscure Richmond player a few years ago, or something else?

Back