Coach Richmond under Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

This is correct, Yze has been sold a lemon.

I'd love to see the alternative Universe where Yze is appointed to Gold Coast and Hardwick has to continue to coach the dumpster fire he left behind. My guess is the ladder doesn't look much different than it does now.

Look, I'm not writing Yze off as a coach, but if it was obvious to most of us what sort of shape Richmond was going to be in for the next 2-3 years, why would it be a shock to him?

Look, I'm not writing Yze off as a coach, but if it was obvious to most of us what sort of shape Richmond was going to be in for the next 2-3 years, why would it be a shock to him?
Was it obvious we were going to be missing a third of his best team including most or all of the midfield nearly every week? Plus the CHB, plus the CHF as well as FF and FB for long periods....

Yze is stuck in an absolutely shit position.

Doesn't have the cattle. Senior players are checked out or washed up. Young players are either not ready or not talented enough for AFL football.

He can't tear the senior players a new arseh*le because he will lose the playing group. Dusty has been flirting with leaving for the last two years. He will pull the pin and fly up North if he cops any verbal from Yze.

He has to walk on egg shells for the whole year and hopefully can start to fix up the absolute mess of a list in the offseason.

Needs a minimum 2-3 years before we assess his credentials.

Was it obvious we were going to be missing a third of his best team including most or all of the midfield nearly every week? Plus the CHB, plus the CHF as well as FF and FB for long periods....

So where would they have been with a slightly better injury list? Maybe like 3-7? With a handful more premiership players on the way out over the next two years?

Yze is stuck in an absolutely s**t position.

Doesn't have the cattle. Senior players are checked out or washed up. Young players are either not ready or not talented enough for AFL football.

He can't tear the senior players a new a-hole because he will lose the playing group. Dusty has been flirting with leaving for the last two years. He will pull the pin and fly up North if he cops any verbal from Yze.

He has to walk on egg shells for the whole year and hopefully can start to fix up the absolute mess of a list in the offseason.

Needs a minimum 2-3 years before we assess his credentials.
He won’t get 3 years if he can’t arrest the 100 point losses.

Needs to put a system in place to limit scoring, soak up time in games to limit the damage.

He won’t get 3 years if he can’t arrest the 100 point losses.

Needs to put a system in place to limit scoring, soak up time in games to limit the damage.

Well he needs to have a proper S&C team so he doesn't have to list a VFL side in the seniors.

Well he needs to have a proper S&C team so he doesn't have to list a VFL side in the seniors.
good early challenge for him

forget playing your preferred way, insitigate a plan to limit losses to 10 goals for a few weeks

even VFL players can chase and tackle, and hopefully take instruction to play to a simple enough plan.

Having seen my share of teams this bad, i think he almost needs to finish up at year's end, for his own and the teamxs sake.

Nothing personal... in fact, i actually think he is a really good coach from whag i have seen. In round 1, Richmond outplayed Carlton and made numerous smart coaching moves both in game and tactically, and dod so on a 5 day break. I was impressed, tbh.

But these seasons take a toll and the hill right now is too great. The injuries are as bad as i have seen and the beltings will continue.for a bit.

For the club, a new coach means a chance to start fresh and put it all behind them. Players get a complete reset and are hopefully healthy. It is the only chance i see if a fresh start.

For Yze, it is inportant too. He will have to compromise this year just to minimise the damage. Maybe he lets up at training to keep up morale. Maybe some guys get to do their own thing and freewheel a bit just to get something happenkng. Maybe he reverses team principles and puts 18 behind the ball or something... but then next offseason, that scar remains. The principles will have been brokem and you don't get that back. He will try to pull a player in line or drop them for breaking team rules and they'll quit on him... or the team will simply.doubt he is the right guy. How can he be after they just got belted by 118 right?

And jf he goes what, 3 more years of this? He will be burnt out the players will burn out on him, and he will be a jaded 4 year coach with a 20-58 record = career over.

It is unfashionable now to cycle through coaches but i genuinely think it is needed with rebuilding teams. The burden is too great, the demands too high.

Carlton watched Bolton flounder for 4 years before moving him on. We then lasted only 24 months with Teague. I actually thought Teague was fine compared with Voss , but im the end the fresh voice was just enoigh to lift the team the following year. Richmond should plan the same here...

Maybe if Richmond had more guys like James Harmes they wouldn't be such a rabble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest issue is he's left selecting guys who aren't good enough rather than just being young and underdeveloped so they're not going to get much out of these games.

What is the ceiling of Young, Miller, Coulthard, Ralphsmith, Cumberland, Dow and Mansell? Not high. Maybe a couple can play a role as a bottom 6 player in a decent team but that's about it. They're playing poor football now and they're not talented enough to be worth pumping games into. But because of the poor quality list and some injuries that's what Yze is left with.

It's pretty scary to think that Richmond had more over 30s (6-4) and less under 22s (6-4) than Brisbane last night. So it's not physical maturity holding them back.

Who says its a shock to him? Its not like Yze had his pick of head coaching jobs, he might have just thought **** it ill give it a go even though the list is in bad shape. Youd hope hed have had a reasonable discussion with the club about expectations and where they are at.

We beat the flag favs this year with even not a full list in that game.
List now decimated similar to West Coast and of course we aren't winning.
We could see the long road and had patience under Hardwick.
With 3 flags,those expectations have changed with the new coach.

In the AFL you have to take whatever job you can get but this job is clearly a coach killer for Yze and could ruin his career before it has started. He’s been handed a big pile of shit and you can’t make chocolate of it.

Like other rookie coaches going to lowly clubs, the rebuild process could well swallow him up.

The previous coach could not run out of the joint fast enough which tells you where the list is at.

maybe it's not a shock to him.

He can't really come out and say yeh we're gonna get top 3 picks the next 2-3 years cause our list needs an overhaul in public, that just doesn't fly and the AFL doesn't want to hear that.

Behind closed doors he might very well know we need this pain at the rock bottom before going up.

He may or may not survive the rebuild, but I'm sure he knows its required.

Who says its a shock to him? Its not like Yze had his pick of head coaching jobs, he might have just thought heck it ill give it a go even though the list is in bad shape. Youd hope hed have had a reasonable discussion with the club about expectations and where they are at.
You would hope the club sees it that way for his sake. But even so public pressure from fans and media to perform throws it back on the club to react.

A couple of candidates pulled out early in the process last year and reckon they knew it would be a tough gig on where the list was at. Supporters and the media aren't very patient especially with first time coaches. It's a long way back to get another shot again when your first go is a disaster regardless of circumstances as very few do.

If you were a person up for the senior coaching position of Richmond and North Melbourne, which club would you pick?

Richmond obviously. North's reputation is toxic. Nobody wants to go to them or stay there, they're doomed like Fitzroy. At least players don't think that way about Richmond.

If they cop another couple of 100 point hammerings he will be shown the door.

They could lose every game for the remainder of the season by 100 points or more, and he still wouldn't be shown the door.

It's silly to think his job is in any sort of danger.

VFL Tigers lose by 110 today. Plenty of quality coming up through the ranks.
Team is doing well overall, but had about 4 available AFL players to pick from, plus a bunch of VFL injuries including the captain.

Our medical staff need to all be sacked this off season because the entire club is decimated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back