2. Pick 10
3. Pick 28
4. Pick 44
5. Pick 63 (acquired from richmond)
6. PSD 10
7. P.Medhurst (acquired from fremantle)
8. H.Obrien (elevated of rookie list)
9. A.Toovey (elevated of rookie list)

I would prefer to keep Toovey on the rookie list. We have enough defenders as it is. And he will get his chance in 2008.

Not sure if Hine will use 63, we'll see.

Coin_Toss said:
I would prefer to keep Toovey on the rookie list. We have enough defenders as it is. And he will get his chance in 2008.

Not sure if Hine will use 63, we'll see.

I think he will use 63 you know :thumbsu:

We cant cut all of Fanning, Walker, Hall, C2 and C1

Id keep the Clokes over the others. Dont get me wrong, I dont believe they have talent, but we would have a distinct lack of back-up height, and we most certainly cannot fall back on our pace ala Doggies!

This is my opinion on what could happen.

We have Picks 8, 10, 28, 44, 63, 76...

Apparently traded picks must be used in National Draft, if this is the case we must use Pick 63. Then we must pick 5 players (No way they would pass at pick 44 and then take at Pick 63). I would think that they would like a pick in Pre-season draft so that makes it 6 positions on our list required.

I am not sure if Clarke, our International rookie takes a rookie spot or that is seperate.

Players Off list (based on media reports# and fact*)

Tarrant Traded*
Morrison Retired*
Caraccella Retired*
C. Cloke To be Delisted #
J.Cloke To be Delisted #
Rowe To be Delisted #
Iacobucci To be Delisted #
Hall To be Delisted (My opinion)
Walker To be Delisted (My opinion)

Richards and Fanning will probably be kept only because we need Ruck backup.

Players on list

Medhurst Traded to us
O'Brien Will be elevated from rookie list (or goes into draft)
Nicholls Could be elevated from rookie list

So there we have it, this would allow us 6 picks in National/Pre-season drafts and 2 picks in Rookie Draft (1 if International Rookie counted).

I would not mind Toovey to be promoted, but as O'Brien and possibly Nicholls (my opinion) may get promoted there would have to be a shock retirement or delisting that i have not mentioned. But agree, if not will get chance in 2008 when Wakes retires.

Does anyone think O'bree should be added to this list?

We need to make hard decisions, like north did.

If he was delisted no other club would touch him, so why is he good enough for collingwood?

njac3 said:
Does anyone think O'bree should be added to this list?

We need to make hard decisions, like north did.

If he was delisted no other club would touch him, so why is he good enough for collingwood?
u have no idea

O'Bree was ranked 15th in the league for clearnaces per game, 15th in the league for 1st possessions & 30th in the league for tackles.

O'Bree is Collingwoods engine, the problem is that he has no help.

Get rid of O'Bree and Collingwood no longer win our own ball.

Wakelin would be a chance to be cut wouldn't he??? The game is too quick for him these days.

We should delist 6. 5 draft picks and a PSD. Tarrant out for Medhurst and two retirees for 2 rookie elevations. MM has talked up Toovey so he’d have to be under consideration.

Fanning, Walker, Hall, Row, C1 would be my definites. I’d keep C2 but he looks gone so that is probably the 6. Yakka seems under the pump but who knows. I would perhaps give him another year. Where we erred was in not trading the likes of Lockyer, O’Bree and even Licuria for draft picks or upgraded picks. Would have been nice to work Lockyer into the Tarrant deal but he’s far to in with MM and co. Richards should go but we didn’t get a ruckman so he’ll stay. Don’t know what is happening with Wakelin yet.
Timmy from Thomastown said:
I'd rather keep Yakka and not promote Toovey. And I 'd rather keep C Cloke over Walker and Fanning.
I agree. Toovey doesn’t have to be elevated for a year and in any case he could be elevated in the likely every we get a long term injury. I think MM praised him for a reason though and he’ll come up.

MarkT said:
No the problem is that he is Collingwood’s engine.
Agreed - Our problem isn't that O'Bree is getting a game when he shouldn't be.

Our problem is that despite how ordinary guys like O'Bree, Licuria and Lockyer are, they still happen to be some of the best midfielders on the list.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

if we get rid of walker, fanning, richards, hall, c1, c2 and wakelin.... who exactly are our tall and ruck back-ups?

can't get rid of them all lads.

c2 and wakes have to stay, punt the others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Agreed - Our problem isn't that O'Bree is getting a game when he shouldn't be..

He's not THAT crap.

Its a bit harsh to say he shouldnt be getting a game. He's good enough to be in our 22, albeit he should not be in our starting midfield. He's better than Licuria Davis and Lockyer for a start. Its just a matter of time before H Shaw, R Shaw, Pendlebury, Thomas, Iles, Egan etc take over. We saw the beginning of the changing of the guard last year with Johnson Didak and Swan getting more gametime in the middle.

MarkT said:
No the problem is that he is Collingwood’s engine.
Now that Buckley no longer plays in the middle, O'Bree is our prime mover. He does a decent effort but has no help.

Coming top 15 in the AFL for clearances, 1st possesions is good work for an in an under bloke.

Sure id love a Judd - Kerr type but that aint going to happen unless, pick 8, pick 10, thomas, pendles turn into one in the coming years.

If O'Bree had a mate to help him out then our midfield would look much better. O'Bree in the 22 is fine, O'Bree being made to play the role of Buckley in 02-03 is the problem.

That’s right and we are about the 7th best side on the comp based on 2005 results with a few below us on the way up al la the Dog’s of ‘05. Yes O’Bree is in our best 22. Yes he has some qualities. He is definitive of our inadequacy on and off the field.

O’Bree does have a mate. His name in Tarkyn Lockyer.

I like o'bree. I just hate watching players pi$$ fart around with the ball after a centre bounce and do these little pi$$y h/balls, but I look at O'Bree, who gets that quick kick out into a forward line and all of a sudden the pressure is on our opposition's defence. Thats why I like O'Bree.

Lockyer $hits me though, haha

doppleganger said:
u have no idea

O'Bree was ranked 15th in the league for clearnaces per game, 15th in the league for 1st possessions & 30th in the league for tackles.

O'Bree is Collingwoods engine, the problem is that he has no help.

Get rid of O'Bree and Collingwood no longer win our own ball.

Wakelin would be a chance to be cut wouldn't he??? The game is too quick for him these days.

All of that means nothing if you turn the ball over everytime you touch it or get a clearence.

He becomes a liability with his kicking.

As i say, do you think he would make any other AFL team? name one

quick kick into the forward line towards the boundary tho, and after he has done 3 spins, get rid of him, why not hav a midfield like leon johno swan r shaw didak when he comes back and pendles, the time has come to move on from obree licca and holland

I dont think we can move all three of obree licca and holland, in place of leon johno swan r shaw didak and pendles, but what we can do is only play 1 or 2 of them, obree and licca or obree and holland, just not all 3 at the same time, especially as licuria and obree arent getting any younger, holland is still a good age but in a couple of years will start slowing down too. They should be eased out of service rather then just cut out, especially as resting players is now becoming the norm.

I truely think our premiership window is closed. I think we should kill of some aged players and go with youth. I'm not talking all our elder players, but players like wakes and tarks who just don't seem to cut it anymore. I still think we should hold onto o'bree, as we need some experience in the middle to educate the younger players who will get a run next year so they know what to do when THEY push for a flag in 4 or so years.

As for the talls, i am a bit worried about cutting all our shyte talls, as we will have limited back up. As much as I want mids with our draft picks i think we need to draft 2 definate KPP's in this draft, especially one with our first 2 picks. (possibly a riewoldt/thorp?) and then possibly grab a tippet/renouf/n.brown with 28.

I too think we should have tried to trade the likes of licuria/tarks and draft picks for upgraded picks. I believe our delisting, especially of tall timber, will heavily depend on who we have our eye on in the draft. If Hine has his eyes on 2 quality talls, i believe all the talls listed by others here will go, otherwise one or 2 may stay.

That being said, here is my personal view:

In:
Pick 8
Pick 10
Pick 44
Pick 63
Pick 76/PS Pick 10
Medhurst
O'Brien (rookie elavation)
Toovey/Nicholls (rookie elavation)

OUT:
Tarrant
Morrison (retired)
Caracella (retired)
Hall
Wakelin
J.Cloke
Fanning
Rowe

I believe Jason Cloke is as good as gone. I think we should hold on to Cam Cloke, as opposed to Fanning, for ruck back up. Delist/force to retire wakes, as I think we have some good backman around his size, and we need to show faith in them. Possibly keep Walker, give him one more year to make FB/CHB his own, or he is gone. He will be our other tall back up. If we get rid of walker. Elavate both nicholls and toovey. Also possibly look at Tarks if not wakelin. If tarks doesn't get delisted, I would hope youth is preferred over him next year.

njac3 said:
All of that means nothing if you turn the ball over everytime you touch it or get a clearence.

He becomes a liability with his kicking.

As i say, do you think he would make any other AFL team? name one
he would make every team going around

West Coast - replace R.Jones, B.Jones, S.Armstrong, D.Banfield, S.Butler from the GF team

Sydney - replace Mathews, Dempster, McVeigh, Ablett from the GF team

the problem is that he is our number 1 midfielder, when he should be 4 or 5 in a perfect world. Doesn't really make much sense to delist ur number 1 midfielder!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do the Pies delist???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back