Who do you consider to be the strongest player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant can do 999,332 reps of the arm curl...while holding his breathe...and humming Greensleaves. But he isn't the strongest, just like the person who benchpresses the most.

For all round 'football strength', you would have to put Brown and Pavlich in there, with very few others. Rocca and Hall are skinnier in the legs and Lynch can't control his weight as well as Brown and Pav.

Not sure on records but Scott Thompson is well put together, from what we saw on the Crows B and F on TV...Van Berlo and Rutten would go allright too.

Modra was said to be very strong. Any time a plyer challenged his record on the Bench he would go in and beat them. This was in an era when Roo bulked up too.

Kerr would be my pick for best power to weight. Remember that tackle on Gehrig in 2006 (I think) at the Dome. Pure Strength.

Im pretty certain someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. But everyone shrugged it off...

MARK RICCUITO from memory holds the benching record in the afl.

This year/last year on "Before the Game" it was mentioned in an interview with another Adelaide player (i cant recall his name. Possible ruckmen or KPF)

That was Rhett Biglands they were interviewing. Roo was always the strongest at the club followed by Biglands.

The elite 'small' midfield players like kerr, chapman, cousins, rucciouto and crawford all seem amazingly strong for their size. Disregarding this, Glass, brown, rutten, gerhig and lynch are all very powerful players.

Not sure on records but Scott Thompson is well put together, from what we saw on the Crows B and F on TV...Van Berlo and Rutten would go allright too.

Modra was said to be very strong. Any time a plyer challenged his record on the Bench he would go in and beat them. This was in an era when Roo bulked up too.

Kerr would be my pick for best power to weight. Remember that tackle on Gehrig in 2006 (I think) at the Dome. Pure Strength.
He also took out hall, but i think this is creditied to his ferocity more then strength, some players just make tackles stick and he's one of them.

Thats because they carry less muscle.

Footy players are elite at a beep test score of 15 plus considering they need to mix power and endurance.

Also i have seen people at school better that and to everyone who says you cant possibly beat an afl player you're wrong because a lot of people can.

yeah but can they put their head over the pill?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant can do 999,332 reps of the arm curl...while holding his breathe...and humming Greensleaves. But he isn't the strongest, just like the person who benchpresses the most.

For all round 'football strength', you would have to put Brown and Pavlich in there, with very few others. Rocca and Hall are skinnier in the legs and Lynch can't control his weight as well as Brown and Pav.

Yeah, but a pot of beer doesn't count as weights.

Someone tell the AFL to scrap that stupid handicap sprint race on grand final day, and replace it with a bench off.

Doesn't matter if it's not the purest measure of strength, it's something blokes all over the country can relate to.

An official drinking contest on Brownlow night would be good too.

:D

Yep, i can see most of you in the weight room now........straight to the bench press, and then over to bicep curls. :rolleyes:

squats, deadlifts, and cleans. the strength of your entire body needs to work to get that bar up.

the rest is just for show.

Tried to say it more tactfully but agree 100%.

Thought josh hunt would rate a mention somehwere?

And without doubt Medhurst would have been right up there, used to eclipse everyone at dockers by a country mile for many things, but mostly leg squat and clean and jerk stuff if i recall correctly. Looks like he trimmed down last season though

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you consider to be the strongest player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back