List Mgmt. Who do you want to draft?

.... with Pick 12 in the 2018 AFL Draft, the GFC select (can pick one Available, Dreamer and Smokie

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Williams
Key Position Forward/Ruck | Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
17/04/2000 | 198cm | 95kg

The tall red head is hard to miss on the field, and once he gets going he is very hard to stop. He has played more forward than ruck, but in the first game for Vic Country, it was the other way around, with his unbelievable vertical leap making him hard to mark or match in the ruck or in attack. His agility and acceleration is fantastic for a big man, and he is so clean off the deck. He had a huge game against the Western Jets with a six-goal haul, and showed he can tear a game apart given the chance. I have him thereabouts in that top 10 conversation because of what he could be, but I can't see him slipping much beyond the first round given his size/athleticism combination.

Last edited:

Bailey Williams
Key Position Forward/Ruck | Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
17/04/2000 | 198cm | 95kg

The tall red head is hard to miss on the field, and once he gets going he is very hard to stop. He has played more forward than ruck, but in the first game for Vic Country, it was the other way around, with his unbelievable vertical leap making him hard to mark or match in the ruck or in attack. His agility and acceleration is fantastic for a big man, and he is so clean off the deck. He had a huge game against the Western Jets with a six-goal haul, and showed he can tear a game apart given the chance. I have him thereabouts in that top 10 conversation because of what he could be, but I can't see him slipping much beyond the first round given his size/athleticism combination.

I am a fan of his, I think he gives it a real crack. A few on here don't rate him. I can't see him lasting beyond Pick 35 in this draft. I think this draft isn't that deep in terms of talent. So given his size, athleticism, the lack of ruck prospects, ability to play multiple positions - then he should go earlier than some of the more recent Phantom's, which have him slipping to a Pick in the 50s. Very unlikely this scenario.

People think 198cm and he's not a ruck size, but he has the leap and he is still a chance to grow to +200cm anyway. He is more a Key Forward (primary position), and Ruck (secondary position) imo. I don't see why he couldn't turn into a Key Defender either.

What are the current speculation for our 4 draft picks at present. No doubt Brownless is one of them but who are potentially the other 3 in the mix?

Hard to say.

For our first names that are around the mark are - Clark, Hately, Butters, Collier-Dawkins, Taylor, Hill, Sturt etc

Brownless obviously with our second or third depending on when the bid comes.

For late picks I really have no idea. We may go tall with someone like Munns or smaller with any number of names.

Do you like Williams.YOTC?

I actually see the appeal. He’s athletic and has reasonable hands. I’m not sure he’s going to become a gun but I liken him to a Tyrone Vickery in his U18 year. I just would not use pick 12 on him. So not having a second rounder makes me think he’s completely out of the picture for us.

Walsh and Caldwell are apparently the only 2 kids that have told the suns they wont look to return home, thats why I expect the suns to trade picks 2 and 3 to Carlton for pick 1 and a future 1st.
Since when has it been the norm that kids sit at interviews and dictate the terms like what's been reported? I heard Chad Wingard told Giants he would look to leave and that's the only reason he slipped to 6th.

I can't see how clubs like Gold Coast can survive if all these kids are threatening to leave. What's the point of having a draft system when the system is failing in its execution to provide an equalisation system?

Agree. He also doesn't go down easily and keeps his feet. He's got good vision, well composed, can find the ball and kicking looks decent.

Some of those speculated higher picks can't kick nor have that vision. Too busy hacking the ball forward to no one.

Who are these picks you speak of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see any club agreeing to that. It would basically be pick 12 this year, plus pick 12 next year in a weaker draft.

Yes, I dare say it's unlikely. Just thought with GC having two early picks already they may be prepared to split their third over two years? Doubt any other team would consider it at all.

Yes, I dare say it's unlikely. Just thought with GC having two early picks already they may be prepared to split their third over two years? Doubt any other team would consider it at all.

Yeah, whatever happens I don't expect GC to hold onto all three of their top 10 picks. There'll be movement either before the draft or during. I'm interested to see how the two-day draft format works too.

Please slide to Pick12 Rozee
I surely can’t be as lucky as I was doing the mid season big footy Phantom for you guys in nabbing him.

So the official bigfooty phantom draft should be starting early November and I’ll have Geelong again.

At this stage I’m looking at Xavier O’Halloran at your first pick but the bigfooty phantom draft is always known to have some bolters in the top 10 so their is always a chance I can grab a player not expected.

My philosophy will be best available unless a player is too good to pass up as a need like a key position forward or crafty forward.

I surely can’t be as lucky as I was doing the mid season big footy Phantom for you guys in nabbing him.

So the official bigfooty phantom draft should be starting early November and I’ll have Geelong again.

At this stage I’m looking at Xavier O’Halloran at your first pick but the bigfooty phantom draft is always known to have some bolters in the top 10 so their is always a chance I can grab a player not expected.

My philosophy will be best available unless a player is too good to pass up as a need like a key position forward or crafty forward.

I like your thinking. We have some young emerging MIDs in Fogarty, Narkle, Parfitt and Constable who will all be sort of second tier players eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if we try to land a future elite MID.

I like your thinking. We have some young emerging MIDs in Fogarty, Narkle, Parfitt and Constable who will all be sort of second tier players eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if we try to land a future elite MID.

Do you think though that O'Halloran will be just another 2nd tier mid? I'd avoid him at 12 for that reason.

Do you think though that O'Halloran will be just another 2nd tier mid? I'd avoid him at 12 for that reason.

Yes, I do. Though with the raps on his character and leadership the benefits he has on the club as a whole could be worth it.

Edit - the players I'm thinking could be elite and available at our pick are Hately, Caldwell and Stocker.

Just as an aside would be look at trading pick 12 plus next years first to move up the order? Maybe for GC’s pick 6?

I wonder whether Gold Coast will call the draftees’ bluff and go for a haul of South Australians, which you would think they would have the backing of the AFL to do and which they have alr day announced as their intention.

If they went Lukosius and Smith at two and three then Rozee would still be there at six, because Rankine seems like a good fit for Port (5) and the Kings stay in Melbourne with one at St Kilda (pick 4) and the other at the Dogs (7).

It’s hard to see Adelaide letting that happen but I can’t see why GC would deal with them, so Carlton is really the only option if the Crows want to be sure of Lukosius.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Who do you want to draft?

Back