• St Kilda

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 126 19.1%
  • One of the rest

Votes: 17 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They might beat us when we travel to Perth later this year in round 20 and some of their players get back

I think they will have a few winnable games at the back end with like you said players back and home ground advantage, looked like a competent team in the first couple of rounds. Then again so did we lol.

They might beat us when we travel to Perth later this year in round 20 and some of their players get back

Before then, you guys will jag a win or two to make the result meaningless.

This is pretty pathetic, to put it lightly.

The three teams battling to avoid the ignominy are in remarkably dissimilar positions.

Even before today the Hawks looked more competitive than the other two. Mitchell scorched his list and is now getting some green shoots. The result today is obviously great for a club under siege and their long suffering fans. They are sure to pick up another two to three wins at least.

West Coast are surely not that bad. Simpson has been soft on his players, particularly senior players fond of the KFC. Too late it seems they are touting around as potential trade outs like Yeo. Why they extended chronically unfit NicNat until 2024 is a mystery. They need to be brutal and begin the rebuild by plonking 4 or 5 on the inactive list and pick the eyes out of the WAFL. Reckon they will bounce back with at least a couple of wins.

North of course coulda shoulda woulda won against a poor Swans outfit. They had a dead cat bounce after an awful week off the track. Their list is ripe for a root and branch prune, esp of overpaid trades. They have to keep playing kids and hit the draft.

I reckon West Coast will finish last separated by % from North.

I'm tipping my own team to finish 15th. Injuries are not an acceptable excuse

Still the Hawks for me

Only have one winnable game for the rest of the year. West Coast and North have 3 and 4 respectively
smirk drinking GIF

Tankaroos will try hard for pick 1 but WC will win the spoon, crap list mgmt decisions, injuries and players/catch not even trying to win anymore.

Hawks will be well clear of the spoon, have a certain four points against North, plus potential wins against other bottom tier teams like Carlton, and GWS. Plus reasonable chance against Saints.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there isn't enough already, finishing last is all the more reason we need a huge shakeup - I hope the club realises this. It's like a trampoline - the lower you land the higher you bounce back up - or that's what I hope lol.

Eagles are similar to Carlton 2002

Finish last.

All their fans and their Board assume it is a short term blip on the radar and they'd back up the top soon because "we're Carlton"..
Nah, WCE have never been a club to flash the cheque book to try and buy a flag. Done it from the draft, with some astute trades, every time.

It'll definitely be a longer time down the bottom than before but all the noise coming out of the club is it's all about the draft for the next 2-3 seasons and growing a list that can contend over a sustained period. They've done it before a few times and the flags WCE won were done the hard way, not bought like Carlton.

Terrible comparison, IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture Who finishes last in 2023?

Back