WHO is signing the Cousins to Eagles petition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed too!
Unfortunately I don't think it will count for anything.
The only signatures the club would take notice of, would be those of the CEO's of SGIO, Hungry Jacks and other major sponsors.

Cousins was not sacked because he admitted to taking drugs he was sacked for constantly bring the clubs name into a unfavorable light.
Remember the BRING the GAME into DISSREPUTE charge.
Meaning he was not the best person at the club on a personality level.
Do you really think that bringing cuzzy back would be bennifical for the club or detremental to the rookies.
Yeh we might win a couple of games, he alone wont win us another flag and the damage he does to the young players attitudes could be far worse as they will say oh what ever we do as long as we have a break we can play again if we are good enough.
I said he should recieve a 5 year ban from AFL footy when it first came out and I stick by that now we dont need him and we should want him.
I hope for his sake he is drug free and healthy but I dont want him a the club anymore.:mad::thumbsdown:
Have you any idea how respected and even 'loved' Cuz was by just about every player at the club. He was admired and inspirational. The greatest player we ever have had. The rookies thought he was a God.
Bringing the game into disrepute...lol
Missing training, avoiding a booze bus, having a beer with a thug........petty indeed compared with being 3 times over the limit and ramming two stationary cars.
He's too old for us as a player now, but I'd love to see him as an assistant coach some time, and I'd love to see a lap of honour by him. Full house for a nab match I'd say.

Have you any idea how respected and even 'loved' Cuz was by just about every player at the club. He was admired and inspirational. The greatest player we ever have had. The rookies thought he was a God.
Bringing the game into disrepute...lol
Missing training, avoiding a booze bus, having a beer with a thug........petty indeed compared with being 3 times over the limit and ramming two stationary cars.
He's too old for us as a player now, but I'd love to see him as an assistant coach some time, and I'd love to see a lap of honour by him. Full house for a nab match I'd say.

Well actually no I have it on good authority that Cous was the last to trainnig and the first to leave and didn't have any real good mates at the club.

Lol. No your a complete dud and your proving that by every comment your making.

Naaa.......attack the post....not the poster.

I've been around the club for years, stayed with them at camps preseason, Busselton etc. (Smiths knee..ouch). The bonding is huge. You have no idea how much the players are a unit, and Cuz was really great. And that goes for the coaching staff too, particularly Geppy and Tony Micale.

Naaa.......attack the post....not the poster.

I've been around the club for years, stayed with them at camps preseason, Busselton etc. (Smiths knee..ouch). The bonding is huge. You have no idea how much the players are a unit, and Cuz was really great. And that goes for the coaching staff too, particularly Geppy and Tony Micale.

Fair call.

I was just going on what I have been told and the info I have is from more recent years.

i can't believe what people are saying. They say the club never should have sacked him. If we hadn't sacked him, the AFL would have r*ped us of draft picks, premiership points, the afl would hate us some more, probably emposing other disciplinary clauses, we would lose sponsors. The AFL would de-register him anyway, so we would have received those sanctions for no gain at all.
A club is more than one player. He had his chances, he didn't change, or as it appears, didn't make an effort to change.
We have a club and a reputation to rebuild. I would much rather sign a petition for a restraining order from the club, in particular the impressionable youth.
I don't care if he plays again, as long as he is clean and healthy. I think the spotlight is exactly what he doesn't need, so playing football is probably the last thing he should be thinking about.

Oh harden the f*** up people you all know you'd welcome him back at our club.

Bloody Legend.

Hell no, he's gone and i don't want him back.

Legend of the club but he's had way too many chances to clean up his act and he's thumbed his nose at the club everytime.

Let's not forget the sanctions we are on now, we are one **** up away from getting brutally r*ped by the AFL. Look at what happened to Carlton when they lost draft picks when they were down, they are only just recovering now. If that were to happen to us right and we were to lose draft picks we would be in an even worse position then what Carlton were given the upcoming concessions to the expansion teams.

We cannot afford to slip up under any circumstances because the stakes are too high if we do. So given the predicament we are in allowing a player who constantly shafted the club back into the fold is not a step in the right direction, regardless of how highly he is held by the players and fans.

It will be painful watching him in another team's colours next year but ffs it's time to move on people, Ben's not coming back

Do you think his team mates really cared when he ****en busted his gut for them on the field?

They owed him for all the times he saved their asses.

What about the position he's left the club in off field? The players can't even fart now without fear of the AFL cracking down on them and stripping the club of picks, points or a massive fine.

For all the good work Ben did on field, he's more then wiped out that goodwill with what he did off field and the precarious situation he's left the club in

What about the position he's left the club in off field? The players can't even fart now without fear of the AFL cracking down on them and stripping the club of picks, points or a massive fine.

For all the good work Ben did on field, he's more then wiped out that goodwill with what he did off field and the precarious situation he's left the club in

He owned on the field, he was a major reason for our success. AND if he didn't admit he had a problem (quite nobel of him considering how hard that is to admit) he never would have got sacked... definitely not for missing a couple of training sessions. He never tested positve and speculation aside, if it was never proven he'd still be out there today. Cuz endangered no lives but his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He owned on the field, he was a major reason for our success. AND if he didn't admit he had a problem (quite nobel of him considering how hard that is to admit) he never would have got sacked... definitely not for missing a couple of training sessions. He never tested positve and speculation aside, if it was never proven he'd still be out there today. Cuz endangered no lives but his own.

Just because he never admitted to it previously, doesn't mean it wasn't public knowledge. The stories about his off field behavior were rife around Perth and it's lucky a lot of it wasn't brought to attention earlier. Regardless of he admitted it or not he was always in danger of getting the sack last year due to the simple fact his off field antics were at a point that they couldn't be ignored any more.

The guy is a legend of the club, but he's had his chances to get himself right. Cuz may not have endangered any lives while he was at the club, but Cuz coming back to the club will endanger the future success of the team if he stuffs up again, and we may even emulate Carlton's 3 spoons if we get stung by the AFL like they were

Bringing the game into disrepute...lolMissing training, avoiding a booze bus, having a beer with a thug........petty indeed compared with being 3 times over the limit and ramming two stationary cars.
so taking a swim in the swan to avoid a booze bus because he was probably high or drunk is petty? pretty much equal if you ask me, driving high or drunk is still illegal, would've been interesting to know what he was on.ohhh...you forgot one major sticking point, he's smoked or snorted enough meth to become addicted to the shit.

signed

not because he might bring success, but because he is a club legend, family, and you dont turn your back on family. We burnt him under pressure from the east and we should have helped him much earlier

I won't be signing it! Some fool at work sent it around, but I can't see why we would bring him back when you look at his age and where we are on the table. He won't be bringing us back to number 1, so we may as well let someone else pick him up and we'll just suck for a little while longer.

sign him on a one game contract (like they do in soccer sometimes) and give him, THE PLAYER, the farewell he deserves. *nods*

Half the people signing for Cousins to come back would be the same people calling for Rojo's head until he retired.

Both gave their hearts to this club, but of course, Benny boy has talent, so we have to have him back now that we're shit:rolleyes:

Grow some balls people, he's gone and he's never coming back.

Signed it a while ago now, glad to see there are more than just a few who want him to come back.

I think he'd want to come back, he beld Blue and Gold for many years, through good times and bad, Ben Cousins IS West Coast and if he did want back in we should open our arms to him, he was sacked prematurely IMO, the straw that broke the camel's back was after a very sad point in his and many people's lives (RIP Mainy) and I think could have been excused under the circumstances. I know he had a bad record and was put on his last chance for a reason, but from all reports before Mainy he was well on track to getting better, or at least toning down his behaviour to meet the club's wishes. Dealing with grief is bad enough when you're in a fit and healthy state of mind, no one except people that have been there can know what it's like when you're recovering from somthing such as drug addiction, but you would have to say it'd very very tough.

The last incident could almost be classed as a witch hunt that ended up ruining his carreer, there were no charges laid and the club acted before it should have under pressure from outside sources (AFL/media outlets).

He deserves to be able to prove to himself and the footballing world that he has overcome his issues and I can't think of a better place than WCE, he's done everything else at the club and for the club and us supporters, why shouldn't we and them give him the opportunity?

He'd prove a fantastic leader on the field and around the club for the young guys we have coming through, this is something I think is lacking at the moment, we don't have that out and out leader that EVERYONE respects and admires around the club anymore, Glassy a great skipper and Coxy tries his heart out week in, week out but he's not of teh same mould on the field and Kerr has lost alot of respect for the way he has handled himself in an un-successful side this year, says alot about a man's character, how he carried himself through the tough times.
Ben would bring the extra bit of class we're sorely missing this year, a born leader that can have 3 to 4 good years of football ahead of him, he can fill the big hole we have in our side until the kids are ready to take that step up.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat and I doubt all of you people not wanting him back would do anything but love him and cheer him on if he were running around wearing the number 9 in '09. People are saying we need to grow a pair and move on, the hardest thing to do would be to take him back, that would take real balls. It's very easy to take the moral high ground and wish him away to another club.

And finally, if it came down to WCE not wanting to risk anything big, if he nominated us as the club he wanted to go to, we pick him up either late second round or early third round when we've passed on draft picks in years passed and he gets put on a performance based contract - minimum payment (same as rookies) plus match payments and incentives to do well on and off the field.

Any thoughts, good or bad on anything I've said would be most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back