Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Who has been the better player for Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's get this show on the road! The first match-up is Lynden Dunn v. Clayton Oliver. Please vote in the poll attached to the thread.

Lynden Dunn (2006-2016)
Debut: Round 6, 2006
165 games, 97 goals
  • Club vice-captain

Clayton Oliver (2016-present)
Debut: Round 1, 2016
162 games, 51 goals
  • Premiership player
  • 2x AFLCA Player of the Year
  • 3x All-Australian
  • 4x B&F

EDIT (31/10/23): Results:
  • Lynden Dunn: 7 (28%)
  • Clayton Oliver 18 (72%)
Clayton Oliver advances to the next round. Lynden Dunn has been eliminated.

Clayton Oliver advances to the next round. Lynden Dunn has been eliminated.
I never knew Lynden Dunn was so widely admired amongst non-mfc supporters.

Round 1 - Angus Brayshaw v. Travis Johnstone
Angus Brayshaw (2015-present)
Debut: Round 1, 2015
167 games, 49 goals
  • Premiership player
  • 3rd in Brownlow

Travis Johnstone (1998-2007)
Debut: Round 1, 1998
160 games, 111 goals
  • Club B&F
  • =6th in Brownlow

EDIT (01/11/23): Results:
  • Angus Brayshaw: 12 (43%)
  • Travis Johnstone: 16 (57%)

Last edited:

I never knew Lynden Dunn was so widely admired amongst non-mfc supporters.
I swear there's been more Collingwood fans on our board than Melbourne fans recently. Even had a handful of reports lodged by Collingwood fans on here the other day 😅

Anyway, not sure why they would bother voting in a visible poll, it's pretty easy to just remove them from the results. But go off, I guess.

I swear there's been more Collingwood fans on our board than Melbourne fans recently. Even had a handful of reports lodged by Collingwood fans on here the other day 😅

Anyway, not sure why they would bother voting in a visible poll, it's pretty easy to just remove them from the results. But go off, I guess.
Pretty sure Steven May will win this whole thing. :whitecheck:

Like Melbourne should have this year, of course - should have smashed them.

167 games, 49 goals
  • Premiership player
  • 3rd in Brownlow

160 games, 111 goals
  • Club B&F
  • =6th in Brownlow
Bit more of an interesting matchup, this one. Johnstone for me, though - my word, he could kick the ball.

167 games, 49 goals
  • Premiership player
  • 3rd in Brownlow

160 games, 111 goals
  • Club B&F
  • =6th in Brownlow
Great match up. Two high draft picks who turned into solid contributors without ever reaching the potential their pick suggested.

Going to go with Brayshaw purely for Grand Final heroics.

The B&F nudged it to Johnstone to me but I can understand Brayshaw votes for sure.
Brayshaw probably the more consistent contributor, but Johnstone had more memorable games (i.e. 25 & 4 in the SF against Adelaide and 42 [35 kicks] against Carlton in his last game for us). At full flight, he was brilliant.

Brayshaw probably the more consistent contributor, but Johnstone had more memorable games (i.e. 25 & 4 in the SF against Adelaide and 42 [35 kicks] against Carlton in his last game for us). At full flight, he was brilliant.
Genuinely one of my favourite ever to watch, Johnstone. Looked so easy at times.

Has to be TJ
I'm paying money to watch him play. I'm not paying money to watch Gus play ever.

I think Johnstone's best was better but Gus is more consistent and was willing to sacrifice his role for the team so he gets some brownie points.

Its very tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering who Luke Williams will face Headless ?

Come on everyone, pump up the VOLUMEOTES!

I think the sticky is getting it lost in the shuffle honestly coz a lot of the other sticky threads aren't relevant to current discussion so people dont look at that part of the forum

I think the sticky is getting it lost in the shuffle honestly coz a lot of the other sticky threads aren't relevant to current discussion so people dont look at that part of the forum
Thanks for the feedback, will undo the sticky for now and see if that helps 👍

Travis Johnstone was a lazy prick, **** that guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Back