Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Who has been the better player for Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My take was entire Melbourne career from anybody eligible (1+ game from 2000 onward).
This is how I took it as well, and so it has to be Schwarz, as much as i respect Jetta.

I remember going to the 1994 semi final against bulldogs (where Lyon famously kicked 10) and seeing a young Schwarz also totally tearing it up with marks galore (looked at the stats just now and he took 12 that day, the most on the ground).

I was sitting up near the fence that day and can remember him taking a couple of great marks at full tilt on the boundary around half forward.

Young Schwarz was just so unbelievably athletic and amazing to watch in full flight. Was one of the biggest losses to football ever after those knees reco's (even if he was still pretty damn good)

Ox beating Jetta is a genuine disgrace. May aswell have Gary Lyon in the voting then
Well, we could have Lyon except for the fact that he played 0 games since and including 2000 whilst Schwarz played 59 which is more than a third of total games in his career.

We did a "players that debuted in or after 2000 thing" (draft i think?) last year or the year before IIRC.

Well, we could have Lyon except for the fact that he played 0 games since and including 2000 whilst Schwarz played 59 which is more than a third of total games in his career.

We did a "players that debuted in or after 2000 thing" (draft i think?) last year or the year before IIRC.
None of those 59 games would have him in the top 20 players of this century though. If Ox makes it based off 1994 then Lyon and Tingay who were on the list in 2000 should be in it.

None of those 59 games would have him in the top 20 players of this century though. If Ox makes it based off 1994 then Lyon and Tingay who were on the list in 2000 should be in it.

Lyon wasn't on the list in 2000 was he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep , just looked it up on wiki, retired in 99 cocko
I know mate what I'm saying is if you're counting OX in because of 94 then you may aswell include anyone from that era.

Tingay, Hopgood and Seecamp were

David Schwarz advances to the next round. Neville Jetta has been eliminated.

In completely unrelated news, Topkent has decided to report this thread for bringing the board into disrepute.
I need Headless to do a pre recorded interview with Gary Lyon to explain this injustice.

Kent has more passion than Tom Papley

Round 1 - Christian Petracca v. Mark Jamar
Christian Petracca (2015-present)
Debut: Round 6, 2016
176* games, 170* goals
  • Premiership player
  • Norm Smith Medalist
  • 4x All-Australian
  • 2x B&F
  • Leading goal-kicker

Mark Jamar (2003-2015)
Debut: Round 1, 2003
155 games, 56 goals
  • All-Australian

EDIT: Results (03/11/23):
  • Christian Petracca: 8 (89%)
  • Mark Jamar: 1 (11%)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Back