Opinion Who is the Eagles best ever full back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge fan of both. Glass the better leader, McIntosh more versatile. McIntosh played on some of the all time great full-forwards, Glass held the club together after 2007.

If I was naming my all-time Eagles side, Glass would get full-back and vice captain (to Woosha), Jakovich CHB, and McIntosh would be third tall with the flexibility to play forward and back depending on the situation.

I recall a prelim at the MCG when MacIntosh was on the mark and God tried to sell the dummy and run round him on the outside - Macintosh just ran him down with pure explosive speed. Added to a sweat victory

McIntosh over Glass.

Quicker, stronger, taller, more athletic, better mark and better skills.

He regularly took down the game's elite in the golden era of FF

Glass probably had a slightly better read of the play - but that wouldn't put him ahead.

McIntosh over Glass.

Quicker, stronger, taller, more athletic, better mark and better skills.

He regularly took down the game's elite in the golden era of FF

Glass probably had a slightly better read of the play - but that wouldn't put him ahead.
Agree with everything bar the height.
Glass is taller...Verified in real life too if I can find my pics with them.

McIntosh is my favourite ever Eagle to date...My first "favourite player"

we have been blessed with some awesome defenders haven't we
McIntosh for me ,he played in a golden era of star full forwards and more than held his own

Agree with everything bar the height.
Glass is taller...Verified in real life too if I can find my pics with them.

McIntosh is my favourite ever Eagle to date...My first "favourite player"

Just noticed ash is only 192 - I've always thought he was 195

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glass handsdown. Seems to be mentioned along with sos and scarlett.

Glass handsdown ........"handsdown".........really :eek:

I am curious , how much of McIntosh did you watch live ?

And please elaborate, if you would, what do you base the handsdown comment on ?
I .......and I am sure others posters would appreciate you assessment as to why you rate Glass ahead of McIntosh.

Glass was a very good fullback but as others have already said he never had to play on the quality of FF's that McIntosh regularly played on and happened to beat by the way .

Glass handsdown ........"handsdown".........really :eek:

I am curious , how much of McIntosh did you watch live ?

And please elaborate, if you would, what do you base the handsdown comment on ?
I .......and I am sure others posters would appreciate you assessment as to why you rate Glass ahead of McIntosh.

Glass was a very good fullback but as others have already said he never had to play on the quality of FF's that McIntosh regularly played on and happened to beat by the way .
I think I remember plugga said McIntosh was the hardest full back he ever played on,could be wrong tho.pretty big wrap if my memory is correct.

I've got a game on DVD from 1993 against Geelong at Kardinya Park where Sumich went off Injured(again) and we threw McIntosh forward, he won us the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who is the Eagles best ever full back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back