Who is the luckiest footballer ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

aaron keating
and stephen silvangi (although his luck ran out with that terrible injury at the end of his career), SOS is the only player I know to belt someone in the back of the head and get the free...

Any number of players who were only average players yet filled a role in a premiership team ie., guys like Warren Mackenzie (Carlton 1995). So many champions missed out on the ultimate prize (Skilton, Flower, Roos, Lockett, Couch, Ablett) and yet so many players of only average or less ability (yet still better than me :D ) have a premiership to their name :(

Jason Wild & Ben Kinnear.

How 2 players SO sh.it have played over 50 AFL games is beyond me.

In terms or "good" luck, you'd have to say Martin Pike, after 4 premierships in 5 years, he would be the envy of most players in the league i'd say.

Originally posted by dan warna
and stephen silvangi (although his luck ran out with that terrible injury at the end of his career), SOS is the only player I know to belt someone in the back of the head and get the free...

Totally agree there. Became 'full back of the century' because he is the only backman I can ever remember who was allowed to literally tackle his opponent while they were going for a mark.

Originally posted by dan warna
aaron keating

Originally posted by NMWBloods
Totally agree there. Became 'full back of the century' because he is the only backman I can ever remember who was allowed to literally tackle his opponent while they were going for a mark.

Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Some people's hatred for everything NavyBlue is just so obvious.

SOS = FULLBACK of the CENTURY = BEST FULL BACK EVER. Live with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Zeke
Martin Pike.

Agree

1998 - 2nd
1999 - 1st
2000 - prelim
2001 - 1st
2002 - 1st
2003 - 1st
2004 - prob 1st

Then again, after starting his career with Melbourne and Fitzroy the poor bloke probably deserves the breaks!

Originally posted by SurreyBlue
Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Some people's hatred for everything NavyBlue is just so obvious.

Unbeliebable! :rolleyes:

Some people think that any criticism of one of their players must be the result of blind hate for their club! Grow up!!

Anyway, I reckon Geoff Southby was one of the best fullbacks and was better than Silvagni.

Stil, it's hard to go past Fred Goldsmith - how many other full backs have won a Brownlow!!

Some people think that any criticism of one of their players must be the result of blind hate for their club! Grow up!!

Anyway, I reckon Geoff Southby was one of the best fullbacks and was better than Silvagni.

Stil, it's hard to go past Fred Goldsmith - how many other full backs have won a Brownlow!!
Good call, but don't try and reason with Slurry, lost cause.

Funny that's not who the experts selected in the "team of the century" though, so your argument is void.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the luckiest footballer ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back