Who is the most likeable player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

The first six that popped into my head were (in no particular order):
Luke Hodge- He just seems like a great bloke to be around.
Tom Harley- On TV etc. is really friendly.
Jimmy Bartel- Great footballer and just seems like a nice guy.
Jonathon Brown- Seems like a funny, friendly bear.
Shane Crawford- When you meet him he is so easy going and is great with kids.
Trent Croad- Met him at a family day and he just told me stories of his career etc. for an hour or so. So friendly.

Sorry if it sounds a bit bias but yeah :)

Trent Croad- Met him at a family day and he just told me stories of his career etc. for an hour or so. So friendly.

Sorry if it sounds a bit bias but yeah :)

Croad is either a self absorbing pratt or you're a drainer for taking up an hour of his time at a family day. Which one is it?

From Carlton...

Matthew Kreuzer - I don't know why anybody would hate Humphrey. He's just a great, great young man. Works his ass off, does what he's asked to do by the club, gives to the public as much as he can, will be an out and out champ if he can overcome the knee injury.

Kade Simpson - I'm unsure why he hasn't been mentioned yet. Very classy, humble, hard working, great role model for the younger players at the club, has gotten every ounce of potential out of himself as anybody could, just a great guy.

Marc Murphy - Another who I'm not sure why he hasn't been mentioned. Classy, hard working, loyal to his team, plays through immense pain (nobody will ever know how hurt he was at times this year, most players would have been on the sidelines).

Chris Judd - People perceive him as being overtly arrogant. All you truly need to do is listen to the speech that he gave on Brownlow medal night to find the real Juddy. I know for a fact that he didn't even prepare for that during the night as he expected to at best come about third (to Swan and Ablett) and never gave himself a shot at winning.

League wide

David Wirrpunda - Retired I know, but one of the greatest guys to ever play the game. It is heavily under reported in Victoria what the guy's individual impact was not only at the Eagles but in the broader community in Western Australia but he is one of the games greatest ever ambassadors.

Luke Power - One of my closer friends played junior football with him and have remained good friends. Every time we've seen him when he's been in Melbourne he has always been one of the most laid back, down to earth type guys you could expect. Never got caught up in his own hype or that of his team which is spectacular when you consider how old he was when the Lions were enjoying their premiership glory.

Michael Hurley - People will laugh me down for this one because of a few incidents (in particular the cab incident). However, you have to understand how hard the guy has worked on himself to become a much better person and bloke. The kid's alright.

Croad is either a self absorbing pratt or you're a drainer for taking up an hour of his time at a family day. Which one is it?

Neither :confused:
He was running an auction and I was interested in a few things and just ended up chatting for quite a while.

It may be repetitive, but it's not drivel.

Blah, Blah, Blah ..............

I never agree with anything a bomber supporter has to say but for the purpose of this one exercise he had it right .......... it is repetitive and it's drivel and it doesn't belong in this thread.

Chris Judd is very likeable but a lot of people hate him for some reason.

he's got an arrogance about him...

someone mentioned pods, i can't stand him for some reason...

as for likeable, lenny hayes, brendan goddard, jimmy bartel, simon black, hodge would be up there as well... used to think brad johnson was a top bloke but the whole akermanis saga tainted my image of him, not that he necessarily did anything wrong i just don't see him the same... goes to prove that even bullshit can stick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always closely followed Sean Dempster for some reason, not sure if that makes him the most likeable or not.

I have his autograph!

Although.. it was from when he was a swan... :(

Justin Sherman what an amazing young man he is.....

I really like Fevola, he is a guy I could have a drink or 10 with.

A few years ago I used to bump into Brendan at the Crown poker tables pretty reguarly. Having played with him for hours upon hours when he is pissed up, he not only is a fish when it comes to playing cards, but he is a stain of a human being. Trust me

Justin Sherman what an amazing young man he is.....

I really like Fevola, he is a guy I could have a drink or 10 with.

Fevola? I'm from his neck of the woods and the stories i've heard about him growing up and the days before he got drafted, sounds like the biggest tosser. But hey, he might be your cuppa tea.

Lenny Hayes is my Saints selection. Other than him, agree with Jimmy Bartel, even after last years GF and other times they've beaten us or I haven't been happy with Geelong, can never hate Jimmy. Brad Green seems really likeable, and you can't not like Barlow, seems like a great bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the most likeable player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back