Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 10 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jabber said:
Old list, Midfield relies on 1 player, no key forwards, ordinary coach.

Thanks, they are fairly reasonable observations.

Ithink the list age came down by 5 years though when Carey, Burns and Smart retired. Midfield has been held together by Roo no doubt. Still McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards, Scott Thompson, Reilly and Johncock will improve on 04. No obvious forwards is a fair call. Coach is unknown at this stage, but on his few games last year maybe a fair call too. We will wait to see.

I think the nature of a non victorian teams draw will prevent a bottom finish though. Only have to win 5 home games and they will finish above some others.

Crowked said:
Your a gem. Who are the young talents coming through for the Doggies? Cooney, ?,?,?.

At the Bulldogs the youngster group is very talented F.Ray,R.Murphy,A.Cooney,D.Giansiracusa,L.Gilbee,S.Birss,D.Cross,C.Faulkner,
J.McMahon,W.Minson,B.Harris,M.Hahn,R.HargraveM.Boyd,P.Bowden and S.Power are the more advanced at this stage.
W.Skipper,I.Thompson,C.Wight,T.Walsh,K.McGuiness and B.Murphy are also going to join that core group for the future. Add another 5 players from the draft and we definately have plenty to work with.

mike2j7 said:
Adelaide Crows are by far the worst
K.Massie,J.Torney,C.Ladhams,J.Begley,M.Bode,N.Bassett,B.Burton,S.Stevens are not youth and struggle to even get a game.
I.Perrie inconsistent one gloved forward.Bigland who gets suspended and Clarke/Hart old men now looks bleak.
Also looking at Adelaides youth Skipworth,Mattner,Schuback,Shirley and Doughty haven't shown a thing as youngsters.
Crows only young prospects atm are Hudson,Watts,Bode,Henschel,Reilly and Rutten. A whole 6 good youngsters
btw Jericho and Henschel IMO are over-hyped and unproven.
This side looks like bottom of the ladder material.

Doughty is 25 and made his debut in season 2000.

He is not 'youth'.

Now even opposition supporters think he's 12... I thought this condition only afflicted Crows people.

mike2j7 said:
At the Bulldogs the youngster group is very talented F.Ray,R.Murphy,A.Cooney,D.Giansiracusa,L.Gilbee,S.Birss,D.Cross,C.Faulkner,
J.McMahon,W.Minson,B.Harris,M.Hahn,R.HargraveM.Boyd,P.Bowden and S.Power are the more advanced at this stage.
W.Skipper,I.Thompson,C.Wight,T.Walsh,K.McGuiness and B.Murphy are also going to join that core group for the future. Add another 5 players from the draft and we definately have plenty to work with.

F.Ray Ok
A.Cooney Very Good
P.Bowden OK
D.Giansiracusa OK

the rest mmmmmmmmm, pretty average I would think.

Crowked said:
F.Ray Ok
A.Cooney Very Good
P.Bowden OK
D.Giansiracusa OK

Funny how one of your recruiting officials rated Cam Faulkner the next McLeod.Considering you rate Cam average surely you must think idiots are running your club.
Maybe it is a reflection on you instead :D

Got to agree with Mike on this one, Adeladie is looking a shot for the spoon.

There doesn't seem to be much to Adelaides foward line and the improvement of the youth got stunted by Ayres recruiting a few years back.

Crowked said:
F.Ray Ok
A.Cooney Very Good
P.Bowden OK
D.Giansiracusa OK

Don't rate Cross, Harris, Gilbee or Robert Murphy?

Just a question, not a troll.

mike2j7 said:
Funny how one of your recruiting officials rated Cam Faulkner the next McLeod.Considering you rate Cam average surely you must think idiots are running your club.
Maybe it is a reflection on you instead :D

If you havent noticed our squad is almost as crap as yours. Of course I dont rate their opinions, they are idiots who have made some very poor judgements. Fortunately the club also recognises their poor recruiting and have made changes to it. The only things that will save us from a wooden spoon is the travel factor and the Doggies, Hawks or Tigers. We have 10 games at AAMI stadium where we have a clear advantage over the travelling teams. Your mob doesnt, and wont win more than 6-7 games in 05.

Murphy and Cooney are lock in stars.

Ray is 2 years away from judging accurately IMO. Faulkner simply does not get the footy enough. Minson I like (more for his attitude than footy ability), and Harris will be a player.

No more young talent than about half of the comp, and more reliant on about 5 or 6 players than ANY other side running around IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we rely on Grant and Smith anymore, and Johnson is slowly becoming less involved in our games.

Crowked said:
If you havent noticed our squad is almost as crap as yours. Of course I dont rate their opinions, they are idiots who have made some very poor judgements. Fortunately the club also recognises their poor recruiting and have made changes to it. The only things that will save us from a wooden spoon is the travel factor and the Doggies, Hawks or Tigers. We have 10 games at AAMI stadium where we have a clear advantage over the travelling teams. Your mob doesnt, and wont win more than 6-7 games in 05.

See i think that the Crows are so poor that the home ground travel factor will not save them. Much like the Dockers in 2001.

TRIGGAMAN said:
See i think that the Crows are so poor that the home ground travel factor will not save them. Much like the Dockers in 2001.
Did you vote in this poll?, I didnt see the Crows total increase when you posted. Or did you contridict your comment by voting for Hawthorn or Richmond or somehting?

Crowked said:
Fortunately the club also recognises their poor recruiting and have made changes to it.

3 forced changes due to retirements and 1 player D.Gallagher delisted is certainly not addressing the problem or rebuilding.

Crowked said:
Did you vote in this poll?, I didnt see the Crows total increase when you posted. Or did you contridict your comment by voting for Hawthorn or Richmond or somehting?

I definatly voted for Adelaide.

mike2j7 said:
3 forced changes due to retirements and 1 player D.Gallagher delisted is certainly not addressing the problem or rebuilding.
And what would be the point of delisting more? So we can take 3 picks in the 50's. Even our bad players are a better bet than a pick #59.

mike2j7 said:

It was James Gallagher.

and I meant the recruiting personnel. You cant sack 10 players in one season, or we would be left with a Bulldog like team of 5 senior players 2-3 young guns and 30 maybe gunna make its but probably nots.

The biggest changes were to get rid of Ayres (improves the club by 5 goals a game), pinched Alan Stewart from Port (despite being named Development Manager will have a big say on draft and trade selections, one of the best eyes for talent in the country), also relieved John Reids workload by bringing in Graham Dunstan from Sturt.

You will see the big turn over next off season when quite a few dud players come out of contract. I'd say there are at least 7-8 players playing for their careers in 05. Another reason for a reasonable return next season.

Crowked said:
Did Peter Rohde take out the wooden spoon? maybe last year, I cant remember. I'm pretty sure he did better than Schwab this year though. ;)

Why do you find it necessary to insult the team a person supports just because they give a negitive opinion on your team?

You're acting like an idiot........Grammar classes on this tread were useful.

TRIGGAMAN said:
Why do you find it necessary to insult the team a person supports just because they give a negitive opinion on your team?

You're acting like an idiot........Grammar classes on this tread were useful.

that was hardly a negative opinion in his team more like a personal attack on the coach and as a supporter he has the right of reply

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the wooden spoon favorite for 2005

Back