Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 10 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

feher said:
And your problem with my comments are exactly what? were is what i said wrong?

If you consider trolling stating that Hart at 30 is almost finish, and mentioning players (most core) that will be 29 next year as trolling i really think you need get a clue. Or is your problem that ok.crows mentioned before the start of the year that your no.1 ruckman would retire, but didn't and now saying the same, would have being far better to say "he is likely to retire"

I have also being very kind to ok.crows, i remember his comment was you guys were going to get 2 big names at season end, Thompson while a good up and comer is not a big name, nor are you likely to get one in the pre-season draft, i can remember him saying you guys will have so much cap space that you guys would get star x and star y .... and deals will be done, hmmm which deals were they again?

I have not had a go at you nor do I say that your comments are incorrect.

Clarke himself said that he would retire at the end of this year - but the Crows have managed to talk him out of it. Stevens is still "in limbo". There are therefore two players who could have reasonably have been counted as expected to retire (and indeed Mark Stevens may still retire - but too late for the trade period) - so the Crows ended up with two less retiring players than might have been thought - and the Crows have not yet put Hart (or Ricciuto if he is eligible) on to their veterans list.

This means there is a great deal less salary cap space right now than might have been expected - but that is this year.

The Crows are therefore "hoarding" the cap space for next year - while still paying the requisite 92.5% (or whatever the figure is) this year.

Next year - retire Clarke & Stevens, move Hart & Ricciuto on to the veterans list, reduce pay for McLeod (and possibly Edwards & Goodwin as well) and use up the 7.75% spare - then you have the cap space room. Lots of it.

ok.crows said:
I have not had a go at you nor do I say that your comments are incorrect.

Next year - retire Clarke & Stevens, move Hart & Ricciuto on to the veterans list, reduce pay for McLeod (and possibly Edwards & Goodwin as well) and use up the 7.75% spare - then you have the cap space room. Lots of it.
I didn't really want to drag the topic up again, but i was just trying to put one of your fellow supporter in thier place, i remember more of what you said at the beginning of the year, but for now i will let it be ;)

Crow-mosone said:
DT you've not disagreed with anyone only once ;)

If this is true you must also be exhibiting symptoms by now.

Crow-mosone said:
nice to see you're still bitter, warms the cockles of my heart.

Bitter? No.
Validated? Yes. ;)

feher said:
I didn't really want to drag the topic up again, but i was just trying to put one of your fellow supporter in thier place, i remember more of what you said at the beginning of the year, but for now i will let it be ;)

if you think you'll get the flag, what's your point?
what about a middle of the road team - that won't win the spoon - is relevant here.

dyertribe said:
If this is true you must also be exhibiting symptoms by now.

Bitter? No.
Validated? Yes. ;)

what you fail to understand is that because you can't move on, it makes it so much easier for me to. that's why it's so sweet to see you snipe.

and let's be fair for a moment, when have you ever believed you weren't validated?

Crow-mosone said:
what you fail to understand is that because you can't move on, it makes it so much easier for me to. that's why it's so sweet to see you snipe.

and let's be fair for a moment, when have you ever believed you weren't validated?

What was it you said I was? A "conflict whore"?

Funny, because on current form all you need is an AK-47, a pair of fishnets and Richard Gere to swing by asking for directions...

Crow-mosone said:
if you think you'll get the flag, what's your point?
what about a middle of the road team - that won't win the spoon - is relevant here.
well i have no idea what your trying to say, anyway unlike a hell of a lot of people i don't see winning the spoon as a dooms day, i see it as a positive, you get the shoot at the best youngster in the land, and most times another top 5 pick to boot, and gets you that one step closer to rebuilding your side, instead of staying mid table and doing nothing.

Crow-mosone said:

Fancy seeing you the Ben Marsh fan posting in this thread. Just admit your sides youngest proven ruckman is B.Hudson who is going on close to 26 next season.Cupboard is very bare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mike2j7 said:
Fancy seeing you the Ben Marsh fan posting in this thread. Just admit your sides youngest proven ruckman is B.Hudson who is going on close to 26 next season.Cupboard is very bare.

ah mike,
care to source your ludicrous ben marsh comments?
as for Hudson, ANOTHER factual error. he is not a proven ruckman, maybe he will be by seasons end.
still we finish above you, the doggies just have a spoon culture and we don't.

Crow-mosone said:
ah mike,
still we finish above you, the doggies just have a spoon culture and we don't.

Not wanting to get in to the mindless banter between you two about the clubs which to me is useless. I only want to pick up on things said that are incorrect. The Bulldogs have won 4 spoons in 80 years. That is hardly a spoon culture. From the original Vic clubs who have been in the competition 80 years or longer only Carlton and Collingwood have won less. Essendon has won 4 also. So if the Dogs have a spoon culture then so has Essendon.
Sorry to ruin your argument with the facts.

Super Demon said:
Yeah Right!

I hope the doggies enjoy their priority picks as per usual

As per usual!!!!! Last year was the first time the Doggies had a priority pick, and I believe Melbourne had a priority pick as well. Before that neither club had had one. So it was one all at the end of last year. This year we have another one so it will be two to one. So I think the "as per usual" comment coming from a Demon supporter was just a little bit of a circumspect comeback to a comment about the starts of each club. By all means come back at someone who attacks the quality of players you have, many supporters would. Just use a better argument that has some credibilty.

Turtleman3 said:
Essendon has won 4 also. So if the Dogs have a spoon culture then so has Essendon.
Sorry to ruin your argument with the facts.

The difference is Essendon have been in the competition 28 years longer and won three of their wooden spoons in the 8 team competition in this time before Footscray entered the competition in 1925 - their last one was in 1933 when the 12 team competition was in place. Perhaps the Dogs 'spoon culture' is also contributed to their lack of premierships and overall Grand Final appearences - 2 including the one and only premiership in 1954, their lack of high ladder finishes in recent years would also contribute to the 'spoon culture'.

Hawk_2004 said:
Richmond clearly by 3 games to Hawthorn. With Collingwood and the Cows not far away

You would like to think that? as that will be the only way Hawthorn wont win it like you guys should of this season. There is know way known we Richmond will finish last in 2005 which leaves 3 clubs Hawthorn, Bulldogs and Adelaide and Hawks to get over the line.

Truetiger said:
You would like to think that? as that will be the only way Hawthorn wont win it like you guys should of this season. There is know way known we Richmond will finish last in 2005 which leaves 3 clubs Hawthorn, Bulldogs and Adelaide and Hawks to get over the line.

No way known richmond can finish last? You just did!

I think the Hawks are in with a very good show considering how lucky they were to avoid it this year and given that they've lost their leading goalkicker. They've loaded up on picks, which is the way to go, but there will be short term pain.

I am obviously biased, but there's no doubt that the quality of young players at the dogs is streets ahead of those at Adelaide, Richmond, and Hawthorn. We now have the added bonus of a coach, a position we neglected to fill for the last two seasons. As such, I'd suggest a move out of the bottom four is on the cards for us.

Every year a team or two seems to plummet out of the eight. This year it was Adelaide and Collingwood. It'll be interesting to see who drops out this time around.

Anja_Nees said:
I am obviously biased, but there's no doubt that the quality of young players at the dogs is streets ahead of those at Adelaide, Richmond, and Hawthorn.

You know a lot about the youngsters @ crowland do you :rolleyes:

Some real talent there and we didnt have to finish in the bottom three for the last three years to get them.

There is a difference between biased and being silly :eek:

bOmBeR_BoY1 said:
The difference is Essendon have been in the competition 28 years longer and won three of their wooden spoons in the 8 team competition in this time before Footscray entered the competition in 1925 - their last one was in 1933 when the 12 team competition was in place. Perhaps the Dogs 'spoon culture' is also contributed to their lack of premierships and overall Grand Final appearences - 2 including the one and only premiership in 1954, their lack of high ladder finishes in recent years would also contribute to the 'spoon culture'.

I agree with you. I wasn't having a go at Essendon at all, just the spoon culture comment. The lack of Premiership success is a different thing to a spoon culture wouldn't you agree. I would say that the Dogs in their 80 years in the VFL/AFL having one premiership and four spoons as a middle of the row culture, not a spoon or a premiership culture.
I take your point about the time of Essendon's spoons, I was using them as an example of a team with equal last places. I could have used any team except Carlton or Collingwood as every other traditional team has won equal or more spoons than the dogs. i was just pointing out that the "spoon culture" comment was incorrect.
I often ask people how many wooden spoons the dogs have won and people often say 10 or so and are surprised whenI tell them the actaul amount. There is a huge misconception. They ofetn think the Dogs and saints have the same amount when actually the Saints have 26 and the Dogs 4. (not having a go at you Sainters, just stating my case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the wooden spoon favorite for 2005

Back