Who Really is the best player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

lol its either lance franklin or garry ablett hard to decide but i would go with

lance franklin

becuase he is more exicting i mean what would you rather see buddy kick eight goals or ablett get 35 posesions

Ablett. He's not the first player who I would pick to play in my team, but he's a gun.

His performance in the 2008 Grand Final speaks for itself. He should have won the Norm Smith IMO.

just wanted to know who everyone thinks is the best player in the AFL
Personally sick of how many times this question pops up, but i'll give somewhat of an answer anyway.

It's hard to judge who is the 'best' player in the competition, mainly because there are so many different players, postions and styles in the AFL

A better question would be "who is the best backman?", or "who is the best forward?" or "who is the best midfielder?".

I mean, lots of answers will consist of a battle between players of Chris Judd or Gary Ablett's calibre.

What people don't understand is the best player would cover a variety of categories, ie Leader, midfielder, forward, backman, athlete etc

So if you choose Ablett, you have to consider this, can Gary take a pack mark like Jonathan Brown? Can Juddy defend to the extent of Matty Scarlett? Can Lance Franklin lead a side like Robert Harvey or Crawford could?

There are stars in every region of the ground and in order to calculate the "best" player you would need to face off each athlete in every position, in every aspect of the game in order to figure it out.

This question, like the brownlow medal count, will gather the same result. It is restricted to choosing from the pool of midfielders (due to the amount of ball they gather) the AFL has to offer. Take your pick.

lol its either lance franklin or garry ablett hard to decide but i would go with

lance franklin

becuase he is more exicting i mean what would you rather see buddy kick eight goals or ablett get 35 posesions

The latter for me. I saw Ablett tear apart West Coast this year (i think it was 37 possies and 2 goals) and i enjoyed it more than any of the magnificent displays i saw from Franklin during the year

lance franklin

Depends on who you barrack for.

All I can say is that the public opinion beyond Geelong and Hawthorn fans, not to mention the actual players, seems to be leaning towards Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel kerr at his best than Chris Judd than then Buddy than probably bix cox..... I would say ablett but.... he hardly gets the hardball an always gives the cheap one two handball to get his stats up he looks all flashy running past these players..... it reminds me of A player on my team I'm like the kerr(not as good as him) getting the hardball and hes like ablett getting the cheap possys yet I won the b&f:D:D:D

These are the 10 best players I have seen that are still playing. Whether you consider the best player to be based on current form or over their careers is up to the opinion.

1. Chris Judd
2. Lance Franklin
3. Simon Black
4. Matthew Lloyd
5. Gary Ablett
6. Daniel Kerr
7. Warren Tredrea
8. Adam Goodes
9. Andrew McLeod
10. Dean Cox

It's like asking who is the best golfer in the world? Tiger Woods or Padraig Harrington? On this season you would say Harrington but most people would say Tiger is the best golfer because of what he has done over his career. Tiger could be injured for next year as well and people would still say he is the best.
I use the same school of thought with this argument for Judd. He has had injury problems over the past few years but he is still the best player in the AFL IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Really is the best player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back