Strategy Who should be our next coach?

Who should coach the Adelaide Crows in 2025?

• Simon Goodwin - poach him from Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Burns - promote from within

• Brett Montgomery - bring him to coach, not to assist

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I would love to see the club give the job to Rahilly, I'm still convinced that Goodwin is going to be our next coach.

I honestly think that Roo's plan is to keep Nicks there long enough to blood the younger players and get the list ready and eventually will he arrange for his BFF Goody to come in and take over the reigns.

Doesn't Roo's term as a board member expire at the start of next year?

I guess he could still pull strings from the outside

I know nothing about Dean Cox but he seems to be spoken about pretty highly. Plus there's something unusual about having a big ruckman as a coach. He couldn't be worse than Nicks

People keep saying this but how do we know the 10 years doesn't start from when Olsen amended the rules?
I know it's the Advertiser and they are 50/50 on being wrong, but this is only a month old

"Mark Ricciuto: Past captain and Brownlow Medallist, who played 312 games for the club, including the 1998 premiership. Football director, first elected to club board in 2014, whose board term expires in February next year. Highly respected but also a fan target for off-field performance."

I know it's the Advertiser and they are 50/50 on being wrong, but this is only a month old

"Mark Ricciuto: Past captain and Brownlow Medallist, who played 312 games for the club, including the 1998 premiership. Football director, first elected to club board in 2014, whose board term expires in February next year. Highly respected but also a fan target for off-field performance."

They’ll find a role for him no doubt, he’d not want to give up his involvement

They’ll find a role for him no doubt, he’d not want to give up his involvement
Ah yes, you're right.

I recall Olsen talking to media about Roo in particular when the 10 year cap was initiated. He just didn't expand on what exactly his plan for Roo was

Doubt Nicks will either but not sure how we can trash Nicks and then want someone with a worse record than him since he’s been coaching. Is winning a flag outside Victoria that much of a task or have the disproportionate amount of Victorian teams just been better for a while? Remember there was a 10 year period when interstate clubs won 8 flags. Don’t think travel has got harder since.

Are you literally taking the piss - “Is winning a flag outside Victoria that much of a task?”

It has required outstanding non-Vic sides to win a flag on Grand Final Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I would love to see the club give the job to Rahilly, I'm still convinced that Goodwin is going to be our next coach.

I honestly think that Roo's plan is to keep Nicks there long enough to blood the younger players and get the list ready and eventually will he arrange for his BFF Goody to come in and take over the reigns.
If Roo still has a say it will either be Goodwin or one of his other friends.

Nathan Bassett

You don't sack a coach without a replacement
If Cox goes to WC it'll be interesting

Isn't Cox part of Sydney's succession plan when Longmire retires?

Are we going to see a repeat of the Malthouse / Buckley or Clarkson / Mitchell fiascos?

You don't sack a coach without a replacement
I find it weird that people say this. I don't have the stats or whatever, but it at least seems to me that more often than not that's exactly what clubs do. Occasionally there's a succession plan but usually it's a case of sack the coach then go through the process of interviewing candidates etc before deciding.

Strategy Who should be our next coach?

Back